Photo

hacked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
163 replies to this topic

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11
Well, i got my account hacked today, lost all my stuff. Whoever did had the nerve to delete my characters also
BlackJackieChan, Timecop both on joker server. Both were lost along with the progress and items, and what is G1 gonna do? Nothing. they cant find whos doing it, lots of people have got their stuff stolen only they were lucky to keep there characters. I lost a R215 criminal, a R146 enforcer and nothing is gonna be done.
If i cant get anything back form contacting the BBB i might just quit the game. Sorry to anyone that i play with if i quit. later all!

Edited by BlackJackieChan, 16 May 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Nic Shadow

Nic Shadow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
This game is the only one I know so many hacked accounts.
And nothing doing about it...
Maybe I have to stop to play before I will see 'puff' in while what I have done in almost 200hours...
Posted Image

Ringman

Ringman

Veteran Moderator

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5145 posts
  • Joined 06-December 10
Account security are your responsibility not G1's they cant control what type of programs and connection you allow on your own computer.
But you can always try and make a support ticket and see if they can roll-back the account and restore the characters etc.

Patriot | yfqv.pngPetra | V5sQI1.pngAtina |
Obeya | yfqv.pngPetrina | * |
How to submit a ticket || Forum Rules || The Report button

blastcm

blastcm

Army in White

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 25-August 09
Well you are the first I have seen to actually have their characters deleted.
You Are gonna be Blasted

AMD x4 965 3.4ghz --- SLI two EVGA 550 GTX TI FEMI --- 8 gb ram

Omlet

Omlet

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • Joined 12-January 11

Account security are your responsibility not G1's they cant control what type of programs and connection you allow on your own computer.
But you can always try and make a support ticket and see if they can roll-back the account and restore the characters etc.

You can't be serious. I've seen BlackJackieChan in-game numerous times; I doubt that he, along with the many other users who posted threads similar to this, don't appreciate getting the cold shoulder in a situation such as this. G1 could AT LEAST let these users know if any other IPs were on their account.

Nic Shadow

Nic Shadow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12

Ah...
And how we know that G1 is doing all the best to keep safe our accounts?
This is an unfair 1 way reply.
Im running a firewall & antivirus, I perform from time to time remote scan from some of well known internet security companies too.
But I will not be surprised if a day I will see my APBR account hacked (and just the APB account?!?)
Big game companies were hacked before, and Im not sure about the security level of G! servers.
For example, a low security misure is to have the same username/pwd for the main G1 account and the forums.
Exploits in forums db are the most common.

Ps: and just in case, till I will be not sure about G1 security, I will not spend my money for this game.

Edited by Nic Shadow, 16 May 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Posted Image

Eugheu

Eugheu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
Account security isn't only OUR responsability.
It's also G1's.

G1 can improve security in many ways :
- Force reset password once in a while.
- Add pin numbers, especially when you want to delete a character, delete anything or trade on marketplace.
- Force reset password if you or "someone" tries to log in a different country IP that you usually do.
- Different game account and G1 account passwords.

Other games have good examples of increased security, G1 have almost none of them.
Maybe they will figure it out only once they get hacked like Sony, Frogster and other big companies got frakked before.

*sad*

blastcm

blastcm

Army in White

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 25-August 09
Im just gonna re-post this:

First, all the fault can not be placed on the player.
If you give your account info away yeah your dumb
but
Who would intentionally download a keylogger?

If the player has no idea that there is some malware on their computer is it their fault that they get hacked?

How does it get on your computer? well it could be as simple as clicking a link to a picture on these forums. Viruses and malware can be intergrated in .png files (not jpeg, but also many other image formats). Even by just loading the website you can get something. Your web browser will download the webpage in order to view it. The info is not really saved on your computer though (its in the ram). Your webbrowser will however download page files and cookies that can contain these keyloggers. They are so simple to get and no antivirus will catch them all if any.

Why is part of the blame on G1? G1 is responsible for giving us the tools to protect ourselves. If they know your username there are programs out there that can guess the password such as 1111111 1111112 1111113. this of course can take up to a 2-3 years to go through all the combinations but with a very fast processor its could be a lot quicker. We need more tools to protect ourselves with. as of now we only have a username and password which is logically extremely weak. And when something does happen G1 just gives us the finger and says too bad for you. They won't even do a simple ban when evidence is provided. It really can't be that hard to help the players.

ALSO TO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD NOW
You Are gonna be Blasted

Omlet

Omlet

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • Joined 12-January 11

Account security isn't only OUR responsability.
It's also G1's.

G1 can improve security in many ways :
- Force reset password once in a while.
- Add pin numbers, especially when you want to delete a character, delete anything or trade on marketplace.
- Force reset password if you or "someone" tries to log in a different country IP that you usually do.
- Different game account and G1 account passwords.

Other games have good examples of increased security, G1 have almost none of them.
Maybe they will figure it out only once they get hacked like Sony, Frogster and other big companies got frakked before.

*sad*

If I'm correct, G1 does force users to reset their passwords every 120 days. As for the other valid points, I don't see G1 going to that extent to protect their customers.

Evers

Evers

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Interessting, one player more who have the same problem.
I have the problem myself and i can tell you, contacting the support will help nothing, they will send you always the same answear and after (for me it was 2) some Supporttickets they even won't respond to your tickets.
So from G1 you won't get help. Another user who had the same Problem told me that he contacted the BBB and that helped him a bit (i don't know if he got his stuff back but he said the support then was more willing to help him). So i just can say contact the BBB you won't have other choices.

Posted Image

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11
HOly doodoo man, I just played several rounds of fight club with you last night! Really sorry to hear what's happened, I hope that something can be done to help you out :/

This account hacking stuff is getting REALLY scary.
-||JOKER EAST: Ephee{Wisteria Theory}---Oktober{Nah und Fern}||--||OBEYA EUROPEPS: Cherohala---Cedarijn||
SteamID///deviantart arty stuff///Learning Русский язык! Я плохо говорю по-русский :(
Posted Image

blastcm

blastcm

Army in White

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 25-August 09
It is not sad that the players have to "threaten" G1 with the BBB in order to get some help?

Why even bother with the support tickets? I have never heard one positive outcome with a player using them. I myself have never received even a hand typed response, its all just copy/paste and half of the responses were not even related to my issue. It seems more logical to just go straight to the BBB.
You Are gonna be Blasted

Blaz3

Blaz3

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
There have been quite a few threads like this, I am becoming scared too. Firefox indicates "Your connection to this website is not encrypted"

Having logged on at gamersfirst.com it is also unencrypted.

Edited by Blaz3, 16 May 2012 - 04:36 PM.

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11

It seems more logical to just go straight to the BBB.

I did.

Kogey

Kogey

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2132 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
I've been changing my password every week ever since there's been numerous threads of people getting hacked, but what if it's for nothing, what if G1's password database has been hacked and it's just a matter of time before more and more players lose their stuff/characters? This is REALLY scary.

8LDVzph.png

Specs: AMD Phenom X6 1605T 3.5GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB | Geforce GTX 550TI | Asus Crosshair IV Mobo
Characters: Kogey - Crim - Colby NA-West | Pounce - Enforcer - Colby NA-West

Monte and Kogey's stupid challenge (Now closed)

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11
Im really worried. I have no idea how BBB works. Dont you need to buy something from g1 to go to BBB?

Also, did you take any breaks from apb recently? Maybe away for 2 weeks or so?

Edited by killerskull, 16 May 2012 - 04:51 PM.

Killer OSAMAS BACK TO APB!!!!!!

Posted Image

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11

Also, did you take any breaks from apb recently? Maybe away for 2 weeks or so?

I did take a break from apb for 3 months or so, from November to February cause my pc broke.

Arvie

Arvie

Supreme

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5082 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Sent ya a PM, read it
Posted Image

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

This game is the only one I know so many hacked accounts.
And nothing doing about it...
Maybe I have to stop to play before I will see 'puff' in while what I have done in almost 200hours...

Wrong on so many levels. Every goldspammer you see in orgrimmar? Every goldspammer you see in stormwind? Compromised accounts, infact, they don't even care about the state they leave them in so they speedhack from the starter areas.

There's tons of compromised accounts in nearly every game aslong when there's a potential to earn money.

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
I'm fairly certain that these recent hacked accounts are unrelated to user error (or it's some exploit in a commonly used service/application, maybe APB or Vivox even).

There really needs to be an investigation into what's causing this. Blaming it on the end-user and sweeping it under the rug doesn't help anything.

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

I did take a break from apb for 3 months or so, from November to February cause my pc broke.

It seems the other two people who got theirs hacked, who posted on the forum, were also away for 2 weeks or more. But Im not sure if the absence means anything. In the months you were gone, they woudve hacked. Not now when ur active.

Posted Image

.Xenon

.Xenon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
There is definitely something fishy about how often this is occurring and to how many people.

|RTW Veteran[CRIM]|Status: Displeased with APB. |Zombie Biscuit is a Cutie Patootie o uo|
Posted Image

XenonShiFT

XenonShiFT

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2368 posts
  • Joined 07-July 11
I logged into my enforcer alt today, (i have like 20 alts btw), the car I had 2 slot, both kits for jericho, was gone. So was my Sitting Duck.

and the billing history was cleared O.o

Edited by KawaiiDesu, 16 May 2012 - 05:35 PM.

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11

It seems the other two people who got theirs hacked, who posted on the forum, were also away for 2 weeks or more. But Im not sure if the absence means anything. In the months you were gone, they woudve hacked. Not now when ur active.

Well it's weird that I had this person on my team last night in Fight Club and then several hours later they apparently get hacked? That's the really weird part to me, as the other people I read about who got compromised came back to an empty account right off the bat.

I logged into my enforcer alt today, (i have like 20 alts btw), the car I had 2 slot, both kits for jericho, was gone. So was my Sitting Duck.

WOW, this is getting waaaaaaaayyyy too common now, what are we supposed to do change our passwords like every hour now?

Were you gone for any length of time like the other victims?

Edited by 91coffees, 16 May 2012 - 05:39 PM.

-||JOKER EAST: Ephee{Wisteria Theory}---Oktober{Nah und Fern}||--||OBEYA EUROPEPS: Cherohala---Cedarijn||
SteamID///deviantart arty stuff///Learning Русский язык! Я плохо говорю по-русский :(
Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Did you have a period of inactivity?

killerskull

killerskull

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5217 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Did you have a period of inactivity?

Someone skipped my posts :)

He took a break for 3 months, as he answered my post. Im not sure what ur looking for. Im lost vv

Edited by killerskull, 16 May 2012 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

Someone skipped my posts :)

No, there's a trend of a period of inactivity followed by the account getting hacked sometime later. This could all be coincidence though, so I'd like to know about any inactive periods from all of the people who got their accounts hacked.

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

No, there's a trend of a period of inactivity followed by the account getting hacked sometime later. This could all be coincidence though, so I'd like to know about any inactive periods from all of the people who got their accounts hacked.

I'm more interested in why he would have 20 alts, then again, pretty much all his replies have been troll related

Edited by Tronkles, 16 May 2012 - 05:44 PM.

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

BlackJackieChan

BlackJackieChan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 12-June 11

I'm more interested in why he would have 20 alts, then again, pretty much all his replies have been troll related

please don't start, i don't want this thread closed.

TzickyT

TzickyT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
I for hacked à while back by à person who is resently banned on obeya i had à discussion whit THE clanleader of that clan

THE person who hacked me kinda asked me if i wanted to look to his clan forum
I we t to that Side and this site began to download Java dun files from itself

My webcams went on and yes THE person was on my computer and could do everything
So i began to fight to get on my account becous hè was bussy putting. Everything i had on his character

I was every time schuttend down from my character and also from my computer till my pc crashed

I reinstalled everything needed to do somthing on my router and all things to be Sire hè was off my pc

Wen i was online back i looked one name up on market place and hè sold all my stuff

I tried in THE begining to contact g1 But got everytime troon off my pc

I don't want to name and shame But i know his ip adress while i was gering logged in on apb apb saus THE ip of where ur account is online my hacker was klanbaas deleted 2ofmy accounts one was saved i still had that luck
Obeya: (TZickyT (235) / Lollyrot(197) / corvi(125)) Patriot: (Lumyvibes)
Joker: (Karakuri) Colby:(Bovy) HongKong:(TZickyT) Status: Gold
twitch.tv channel = http://www.twitch.tv/zicktsoenamy

.Xenon

.Xenon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11
I haven't been on in months due to hardware. Hopefully I'm not effected by this or I'm done with this game. If I lose my RTW Character; Xenon. I'm just done, and you know what? It WILL be G1/RP's Fault. And I don't care what that suck-up Moderator Ringman has to say about "It is your fault". It's happening too often and Punkbuster is pretty crap lets be honest that it has to inspect your computer cause it has a hard time detecting anything. It kicks you for lagging sometimes.

Edited by Xeni, 16 May 2012 - 05:48 PM.

|RTW Veteran[CRIM]|Status: Displeased with APB. |Zombie Biscuit is a Cutie Patootie o uo|
Posted Image

blastcm

blastcm

Army in White

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Joined 25-August 09

Well it's weird that I had this person on my team last night in Fight Club and then several hours later they apparently get hacked? That's the really weird part to me, as the other people I read about who got compromised came back to an empty account right off the bat.

His account was probably already compromised. I took a break from apb for 1 week and I logged on 11-12 hour before I was hacked, but i do remember that my video settings was different and I had to agree to the eula or patch notes or something i do not remember what that message was. When I logged back on in the morning I again had to agree to those and all my stuff was gone.
You Are gonna be Blasted

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

I for hacked à while back by à person who is resently banned on obeya i had à discussion whit THE clanleader of that clan

THE person who hacked me kinda asked me if i wanted to look to his clan forum
I we t to that Side and this site began to download Java dun files from itself

My webcams went on and yes THE person was on my computer and could do everything
So i began to fight to get on my account becous hè was bussy putting. Everything i had on his character

I was every time schuttend down from my character and also from my computer till my pc crashed

I reinstalled everything needed to do somthing on my router and all things to be Sire hè was off my pc

Wen i was online back i looked one name up on market place and hè sold all my stuff

I tried in THE begining to contact g1 But got everytime troon off my pc

I don't want to name and shame But i know his ip adress while i was gering logged in on apb apb saus THE ip of where ur account is online my hacker was <removed> deleted 2ofmy accounts one was saved i still had that luck

You'd better submit a support ticket. Send me the details in a PM if you want. This is pretty serious stuff.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08

please don't start, i don't want this thread closed.

Relax, it's not going to get closed.

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

You'd better submit a support ticket. Send me the details in a PM if you want. This is pretty serious stuff.

This same method was used during RTW

EDIT: To be correct "Play this brand new APB flash game!" and enjoy getting owned by outdated java

Edited by Tronkles, 16 May 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Ashley

Ashley

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7459 posts
  • Joined 10-July 08
There needs to be a more organized method of collecting data to try to at least narrow down possible reasons for the hacks.

MrTruth

MrTruth

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
LOL the Hacker got hacked I LOVE IT!!! thats what you get for running a hack on your pc they keyloged you lol enjoy your new reroll... :nicethread:

TzickyT

TzickyT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

sorry but how can i submit a support ticket and is there a possibility to put a letter what actualy happend whit info on it how to put in to??
Obeya: (TZickyT (235) / Lollyrot(197) / corvi(125)) Patriot: (Lumyvibes)
Joker: (Karakuri) Colby:(Bovy) HongKong:(TZickyT) Status: Gold
twitch.tv channel = http://www.twitch.tv/zicktsoenamy

.Xenon

.Xenon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

LOL the Hacker got hacked I LOVE IT!!! thats what you get for running a hack on your pc they keyloged you lol enjoy your new reroll... :nicethread:

Posted Image

Edited by Xeni, 17 May 2012 - 12:25 AM.

Posted Image

OUTFOXEM

OUTFOXEM

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Joined 06-March 11

There needs to be a more organized method of collecting data to try to at least narrow down possible reasons for the hacks.

I'm glad that you're stepping up to the plate here. This game already has enough issues in its current state; it certainly does not need more.

There aren't that many people left that play this game, so to lose them over something easily correctable would be extremely sad.

R.I.P. TELEkid
Thanks for carrying me