9 replies to this topic

Natazia

Natazia

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11
Not sure where to post this.

After many kicks from punkbuster since the recent update I spent 3 hours scanning the APB forums and the internet looking for the information/guide I used last time I was getting constantly kicked by punkbuster. I used the guide that is "pinned" in the forum but PB still kicks me.

Here is the guide I Followed and it stopped Punkbuster kicking me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Delete Punkbuster contents from both folders ( \APB Reloaded\Binaries\pb and \%USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb)

- Go to C:\windows\system32 (and syswow64 if 64-bit) and delete PnkBstrA, PnkBstrB programs (both)

- Run PBSVCprogram as admin, uninstall then install (even tho u deleted)

- Go to \APB Reloaded\TPI\Punkbuster, run PunkBuster_APBInstallerprogram as an admin

- Run APB Launcher as admin, PB will patch

- Run PBSetupprogram as admin, Add APB (If you havent) and update

- Copy pb contents from \APB Reloaded\Binaries\pb to %USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb

- Play

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

**This is posted somewhere in the forums but I couldn't find it, so it just easy if I re-post it for all having the PB problems.
  • HVD likes this

ymrj

ymrj

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Joined 18-December 10
Or you can go to http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php and update Punk Buster since theres a new update.

Starscream

Posted Image

Natazia

Natazia

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11
I got the punkbuster issues after updating it to the new version.

Found the 1st post is the only way for me to stop PB kicking me after the new update for PB. I had this issue when I first installed PB with APB some months ago and used this method then as well. So far worked both times.

To be honest I have other games that use PB and you can turn it off for them games, when I turn it on for the other games it constantly kicks me from them as well, must be the country I live in, oh well I don't like the country either :)

bgkc

bgkc

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

I got the punkbuster issues after updating it to the new version.

Found the 1st post is the only way for me to stop PB kicking me after the new update for PB. I had this issue when I first installed PB with APB some months ago and used this method then as well. So far worked both times.

To be honest I have other games that use PB and you can turn it off for them games, when I turn it on for the other games it constantly kicks me from them as well, must be the country I live in, oh well I don't like the country either :)

I've also gotten the punkbuster issues after updating it to the new version. I'm confused as to what to do though. The directions are not clear, or i'm just ignorant to them.

Run PBSVCprogram as admin, uninstall then install (even tho u deleted)?? What is PBSVCprogram and how would you uninstall and install?

DarkRood

DarkRood

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11
I don't even have any kind of PBSVCprogram..

Natazia

Natazia

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11
PBSVCprogram is the PunkBuster Installer, run that as admin and it will ask if you want to uninstall PB.
(right click on the PBSVCprogram and select "run as admin...")

Get it at the Evenbalance website

EDIT, can this topic be pinned? I found this PB fix helps alot to solve the constant kicks.

Edited by Natazia, 21 July 2012 - 06:05 AM.

tm795

tm795

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Joined 20-May 12
I tried that when punkbuster kept kicking me. I tried a bunch of stuff. Nothing worked. Then I tried uninstalling APB and re-downloading it. Oddly, that worked.

Archeetoz10

Archeetoz10

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 01-March 13
Where is this part? %USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb

is this guy using windows 7?? this tutorial is not even specific enough. this is the lazy way.

HVD

HVD

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11

Not sure where to post this.

After many kicks from punkbuster since the recent update I spent 3 hours scanning the APB forums and the internet looking for the information/guide I used last time I was getting constantly kicked by punkbuster. I used the guide that is "pinned" in the forum but PB still kicks me.

Here is the guide I Followed and it stopped Punkbuster kicking me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Delete Punkbuster contents from both folders ( \APB Reloaded\Binaries\pb and \%USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb)

- Go to C:\windows\system32 (and syswow64 if 64-bit) and delete PnkBstrA, PnkBstrB programs (both)

- Run PBSVCprogram as admin, uninstall then install (even tho u deleted)

- Go to \APB Reloaded\TPI\Punkbuster, run PunkBuster_APBInstallerprogram as an admin

- Run APB Launcher as admin, PB will patch

- Run PBSetupprogram as admin, Add APB (If you havent) and update

- Copy pb contents from \APB Reloaded\Binaries\pb to %USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb

- Play

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

**This is posted somewhere in the forums but I couldn't find it, so it just easy if I re-post it for all having the PB problems.

THANK YOU! PB just kicked me in the balls regardless of what I tried (all the while when armys of dirty unwashed cheaters marched into the game behind its back) but this guide helped (hopefully for longer then just for the moment) :)

Where is this part? %USER%\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\APB\pb

is this guy using windows 7?? this tutorial is not even specific enough. this is the lazy way.

Yes, Win7. And its a quite specific, helpful, guide. Calling to OP lazy is just rude.

Shamis

Shamis

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5752 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
I wish there was some way to play without Punkbuster running. I mean... it doesn't even kick cheaters. It just kicks you if you're not running it.
And lags your client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users