thedemoninside

thedemoninside

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 19-January 13

1.) No other public UI uses this
2.) Gives their clan a slight advantage for newer players

If that isn't enough of a reason then I'm not sure what else to tell you...

I like how the UI is, however if "I" needed one I'd get into making one. If I made one that looked nice and helped someone preform better I'd only release it to those I felt I should.

Thus, it's the creator's choice to release said skin. Also, this is not a "mod" it's a UI.

While I personally would enjoy to use this UI, I don't "require" it as I have a mod that can fill the need. This one of course is better, but I don't care enough in that situation. If there wasn't any UIs at all I'd learn to create one to my liking.

There are other public ui mods that do this. Saints is one. There's also moving a detached chat window and resizing it and using a corner for a more accurate crosshair. Then there's always the marker or sticker on the monitor trick.

This is why i fail to see a good reason to not make it public.

Also, mods can be ui's, and ui's are mods. This subforum is even titled "Custom UI Mods"

Edited by thedemoninside, 09 March 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Rico Rage

Rico Rage

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined 23-August 12

In fact, only really needful thing in all UIs - marker in the center of screen. That's all. All another - only appearance. But this UI looks really nice and useable.

That's not true. There are a lot of things you can optimize in the UI that give you an advantage over people not using it. I haven't seen those features in this UI's screenshots, but maybe that's why it's no longer public. A dot is easy to make and there are countless UI that offer dots. It's other modifications to the UI that give you some heads up, too. Haven't seen those features in any public UI, yet.

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12

It's other modifications to the UI that give you some heads up, too. Haven't seen those features in any public UI, yet.

What u mean?

Mr Colt

Mr Colt

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 29-January 13

What u mean?

I am not looking for it ti gain and edge. I truly appreciate the look of it.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

A UI cannot give you any advantage. If you talk about slimmed down HP bars and all. Just change the opacity on your windows and center everything around your character. Will keep things close and easy to refer to in PVP/PVE.

Posted Image

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

A UI cannot give you any advantage. If you talk about slimmed down HP bars and all. Just change the opacity on your windows and center everything around your character. Will keep things close and easy to refer to in PVP/PVE.

I cant help but think that people will end up with "tunnel vision" when everything is centred around their character :lol:

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Not entirely true, when it comes to newer players lack of a "dot" can cause them to believe the crosshairs in-game. Currently it is always in the center, this "dot" gets smaller the closer you are to a weapon's AP requirement. (You can also make this dot extremely small past 195 weapon skill, extremely effective on pistols)

I cant help but think that people will end up with "tunnel vision" when everything is centred around their character :lol:

Happens regardless, there's alot going on in group PVP not to slightly tunnel vision at times.

Edited by Reaps989, 13 March 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Rico Rage

Rico Rage

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined 23-August 12

What u mean?

Nice try, but I'm not going into details :P

Gulaschkanone

Gulaschkanone

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 30-July 12

Nice try, but I'm not going into details :P

mysterious! sounds like an illegal modification or just a secret, or why don't go into detail? i always thought it's the skill which let ppl win and not the ui-mod......

Edited by Gulaschkanone, 16 March 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Andrew Leslie

Andrew Leslie

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
Many things let the people win. Personal skills (movement and aim) - it's about 1/2 you need. You also need good equipment and buff. Not last thing - build itself. Yes, about 5% players able to win with only personal skills. Or may be you know many such players? And in case fight 2 players of one and same master class win that who own better build/equipment/buff/internet connection/good computer/better UI. You can be PVP father, have deadly aim and glance movement, but you lose if spend AP randomly, if you go fight w/o needful buffs/expendables, or if you connection lost (how i like my f-g provider) when you almost done opponent. Low FPS or simple old/good lags also make wonders.

About this UI - it makes many things easy for player. No odd details on screen, all needful info concentrate near players center view. It's much easy not fumble eyes around all display. 0.1 second can be tip the beam of fight. No one UI grant you win, you need too much another things. But good UI make live easier, and it's great. No reason to make life harder, if you not masochist, of course. And it's only thing why i really want to probe this UI : )

Edited by Andrew Leslie, 18 March 2013 - 02:39 AM.

Whisky Bob

Whisky Bob

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 05-April 13
Why the download is cancelled?

Vekthaur

Vekthaur

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Joined 24-October 11
This ui was never intented to be released, this thread was intended to give feedback to improve it for Cartel's members :rolleyes:

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7719 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

This ui was never intented to be released, this thread was intended to give feedback to improve it for Cartel's members :rolleyes:

Yet that brings up the question : Where the mommy is Le Cartel? Haven't seen them in PVP in awhile, sadly.
Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Yet that brings up the question : Where the mommy is Le Cartel? Haven't seen them in PVP in awhile, sadly.

The depleted French forces put up stiff resistance, but German air superiority gradually overwhelmed French artillery positions. German forces outflanked the Le Cartel Line and pushed deeper into France as French forces began to collapse. German forces arrived in an undefended Paris on 14 June and their commanders met with French officials who were ready to stop the fights. Chief among these was Marshal Philippe Pétain who, contrary to the wishes of many Frenchmen, announced he would seek an armistice.

oum60z.png

Metropolitan

Metropolitan

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 28-December 11
Haha nice :P

Lot of our members are busy (irl) or playing some other games so we cannot act in PvP at the moment, but don't worry we're not giving up :) And... We got a little list of 2013 surprises for the FE community :

As always you got it wrong Vek... The UI will be available really soon, our problems are solved and you will be able to download any version of it on our website (craftshop and build planner update coming soon too with a new knowledges database feature).

Thanks for your patience, we hope you will enjoy all this works !

EDIT : I am sorry for those who sent me some PMs about the GunRunners and more but unfortunalty I can't find the time to answer :/

Edited by NuclearSkorm, 20 May 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Metropolitan / Apocalypsia / Antagonia, Cartel Leadership

www.LeCartel.fr

Shiu

Shiu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
As a former cartel member, i can say that yes you'll enjoy the UI when it'll be released. And trust me, guys, Skorm will release it when it'll be perfect. He always does fine work

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1675 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

As a former cartel member, i can say that yes you'll enjoy the UI when it'll be released. And trust me, guys, Skorm will release it when it'll be perfect. He always does fine work

It is by far the best looking UI B) But for the likes of me I play at 1080p on a 32" screen so I think the health/stam/gamma bars would be a bit too small.

oum60z.png

Shiu

Shiu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Joined 06-May 12
I play at max res on a 21" screen they were nice for me, but yeah a 32" screen is fking huge haha.

Evangelique

Evangelique

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Joined 31-July 12

If I really loved the Outlaws one then I will surely love these!

Posted Image

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12

If I really loved the Outlaws one then I will surely love these!

Hehh i still have the outlaws UI and the paint job for my car :D. I also am looking foward for testing out new UIs since i just respected :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users