34 replies to this topic

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

View Postsnoopies78, on 19 April 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

No but telling us to suck it up, isn't that helpful, the people using the aimbots want us to be silent and just take it. The only time things seem to improve is when we make a fuss about it. We play this game to pvp, there is no other aspect of the game we are interested in, so aimbots ruin the game for us.

We've already seen several people leave the game due to this, there are also those that think that there is no way the GMs will catch anyone for it and are about to or have already downloaded it.

or have already downloaded it.

My favourite part.

Sorta sad to see you guys go because once again you ate your own tail but meh the amount of aimbotters around are prob not many but seems like a lot more due to paranoia etc. Well good luck with wherever you go.

Think the worst part is this brings me back to when CD/ETSU left the game and your side became a ghost town in pvp.

Btw haven't seen the recently suspected people from ur side so i dunno(well except for the most recent obvious one) how much ground the 'gms dont do anything' attitude has.
Tiggs mad.

Sinning

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11

View PostTiggs, on 19 April 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Hey Folks,

You can contact a GM in game (we have 24/7 in-game GM coverage) so you should always find a GM in the game world. You can also contact us (email will be sent) via http://help.gamersfirst.com/

Posts are removed because they violate our Rules and Guidelines or / or our TOS. Yes, we are not very strict with the rules because we want you to have discussions. However, when a post crosses the line it is removed and the forum poster may receiving a warning, or be removed.

Lately, lots of in-game drama has been brought to the forums and this needs to stop. If you feel someone is cheating report it to a GM or submit a ticket into our system. Give full details, provide screenshots when you can. Don't just send in an email saying so and so is cheating I know it. We GMs do research every report and every report takes time to research. We will not tell you what actions we are taking against other players, you wouldn't like it if we told other players what actions we took against you if you were actioned against. (This is not open for debate) =)

I can tell you from my own experience that there are reports that are false and some that aren't. Just because you don't see a GM show up when you report someone, does not mean we aren't watching what is going on and researching our log files. In some instances if we are very busy (we receive many private messages as soon as we login to the game) it may take us longer to respond or deal with a situation.

One other thing I would like to add, our GM characters are much like your player characters except we have powers you don't. We too will lose connection from time to time, especially from teleporting all over the world to help players. So if a GM does not respond to you in a reasonable amount of time, just message the GM again and ask when they are available if they can assist you.

I remembered something else to add to this post...

While it looks to you like many people are complaining about a person or clan, what you don't see is the ip of those people posting. We seem to have a couple of users that constantly create new forum names to make it look like various people are complaining. Not cool since the users of the forums are deceived however we GMs are not. We know who is doing it and we do action against them.

Couple of questions here:

In the past two weeks (since I came back from 4 months away) I have noticed numerous times when there have NOT been GM's on, for periods greater than 30 mins. Annoying when it is to show/report to a GM an exploit or someone I suspect of aimbotting (catch in act etc).

Yes re same people posting under new names, many of them been doing it for ages...if they using same IP and this is how you are determining it then why don't you ban their IP.

Re the thing that is not open for debate, thats a pity because I would debate it (disagree with your assumption) :) but thank you for the post and info contained in it.

Sinning

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11

No but telling us to suck it up, isn't that helpful, the people using the aimbots want us to be silent and just take it. The only time things seem to improve is when we make a fuss about it. We play this game to pvp, there is no other aspect of the game we are interested in, so aimbots ruin the game for us.

We've already seen several people leave the game due to this, there are also those that think that there is no way the GMs will catch anyone for it and are about to or have already downloaded it.

I don't agree with the accusations of aimbotting/hacking posted here on this forum.

I am however concerned with numerous issues that the above poster raises.

I see no evidence that G1/FE Team have mechanisms in place or the ability to exfectively determine whether a person is using hacks or an aimbot in PVP. Given the recent (AND expected) rise of people doing this (Yes they are, totally sure of it) due to greater exposure of FE to the gaming community, this has and will become more and more of an issue. G1/FE Teams attitude seems to be one of a total reactionary team, relying on self policing playerbase, player gathered evidence and a very slow investigative process to either finally ban or put fixes in place. This is combined with an absurd (bury head in sand) policy involving NO public communication on hacks/cheats/exploits. I have not and am not willing to try out hacks/aimbots as part of an informative process but given the showing to date from G1/FE Team I don't beleive it necessary to do so to gauge the level of their responsiveness.

I and many others KNOW beyond a doubt of a person who openly used aimbot going from around 10-15% accuracy to 100% overnight. This person even registered on an MMORPG game hacking site with the most obvious aimbot for FE under the very same name as he uses in FE...then when queried defends accusations in FE Chat re aimbotting with "other people did it first, I'm just getting even". After latest patch this individual suddenly back to being a terrible PVPer, but still back...no doubt looking for next hack/aimbot. Individual was report by numerous players from numerous clans/factions at numerous times. He is still playing FE.

So given all the above I have to agree that things seem to only improve when players make a fuss about it....like many others PVP is FE for me, hacks and aimbotting destroys the game which is supposed to be about skill and tactics.

+1 Fuss

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

View PostMICFILLER, on 19 April 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

My favourite part.

Sorta sad to see you guys go because once again you ate your own tail but meh the amount of aimbotters around are prob not many but seems like a lot more due to paranoia etc. Well good luck with wherever you go.

Think the worst part is this brings me back to when CD/ETSU left the game and your side became a ghost town in pvp.

Btw haven't seen the recently suspected people from ur side so i dunno(well except for the most recent obvious one) how much ground the 'gms dont do anything' attitude has.

No one said we are moving on to the next game, we are just not supporting FE financially any more, a lot of Heretic use commander subscriptions and although we will miss the benefits of this its free accounts for us for a while.

No one has been banned on either side, on our side I'd have heard in vent if they have and I have most of the suspected botters on your side on my friends list to track how many that is coming at us and who we need to focus first.

Why the hell are you defending the aimbotters? I can understand some of the people posting here defending it but not you.

Posted Image

Taniwha

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 15-January 12
There are people on all sides using the aimbots now, its needs to stop before this game is no more, we got 8 hours of awesome pvp the other night before the mmohax updated. It was glorious pvp until then.

tProphet

Better then you

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11
I had a good talk with one of the GM's yesterday about the massive false positive reports coming in (alot from the same specific people) and he explained that they are indeed working on prohibiting cheating, and already implemented several features to do so. He assured me they are not looking at howmuch people complain and whine, and base there conclusions on solid facts and actual logs and proofs. So im not worried for anyone of Saints.

Ive never had more "hack" accusations then last week, all because some specific people started the whine and bread tour because they got owned so hard. Now every player and his dog is picking up on this and figure "oh wow they kill me, they must be cheating".

TBH if theres anyone ruining PvP and fun play in this game at the moment its not just the aimbotters, its all the pathetic people that cry about cheating over and over again without any proof whatsoever, just a well executed death as their proof. Just last night i had Thi Zan whining to me the whole bloodsports match "oh you got a new computer too" and "oh i see you turned your bot back on". He was even healing enemy players in CTF just to spite, because he cant handle that alot of people on the other side of the wheel, basically because they are his enemies.

Im loving all the accusations though, really goes to show that im stepping up my game even more last couple of months. Im even beating Shiuyn, Gogi and Bloody Beast when im on a roll, something i couldnt come close to do some time ago.

Edited by tProphet, 20 April 2012 - 01:06 AM.

Crypsis - Public Enemy

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11
Funny how you lost your skills after the patch only to have them come back a day later, even fellow travelers are looking in your direction when we talk of "new computers". Then there was the amount of times you logged in and out of the game after the last patch too, almost as if something was not working correctly and you needed to check it.

Never accussed you of aimbotting, just saying it's strange, Crypsist/tprophet.

Posted Image

tProphet

Better then you

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11
lost my skills? ive never "lost" my skills, its possible i do performed not that well, i never do that well after i come back from the gym.

Also, do u have me on your friends list or something? Yes ive logged on and off alot last couple of days, it is because bloodsports is bugging alot again, u select join bloodsports, but nothing happens which results on not being able to join BS untill u relog, sometimes it takes up to 3 relogs for me to work.

Really i dont know why i even explain that to you lol i dont owe you anything but well, since you seem so fixated on it, here you have it. I dont really care if you believe it anyway, you lost all your credibility to virtually everyone in this game anyway. Maybe u should take a rename to "Thi Haxcry Zan"
Crypsis - Public Enemy

snoopies78

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1046 posts
  • Joined 15-August 11

View PosttProphet, on 20 April 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Really i dont know why i even explain that to you

No neither do I, at the end of the day the FE pvp community knows those who are using these programs and nothing said on these forums will change that. The guys using these bots will not be getting any respect from the pvp community as most of them are laughing about what sad pathetic morons they are, cheating on a game.

I'd put money on the list of guys we have as using them for certain, only about 5-6 that we are certain of, is 100% accurate, and if bans and then name and shame goes up it is more likely that we'd have missed out on people aimbotting rather then not getting it right.
I'm guessing the GMs have enough knowledge of the game that they know who is cheating too, just getting enough evidence for permanent bans is a little harder.

Problem is they are also ruining this game, FE is one of the best MMO's on the market and a large amount of people are suddenlty releasing it, but it is going the way of APB, and even now after they have sorted out there aimbot issues its reputation of being a game full of aimbotters and speedhacks is still there.

Posted Image

H1ROSHIM4

Hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11
Ok it was funny at first, we all had a good laugh, but now it's just getting out of hand. Please remove the forum privilege of anyone that even hints at "hacks" or "new computers". You guys (and yes I mean the Lightbearer side of the wheel ONLY) are not on here crying 24-7 to "make the game better" you on here to defame your enemy. Pathetic, and you should consider exactly what kind of impression you are leaving on possible new subscrictions or players. If you have a problem or want someone checked out, let the GM's do their job NOT start a new "OMG HAXXORS" thread every ten minutes of every day. Bunch of unfounded accusations with ZERO evidence and facts. We all knew that our primaily adult community would get some less mature players with F2P, but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by H1ROSHIM4, 20 April 2012 - 04:01 AM.

Posted Image

Saha

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

View PostH1ROSHIM4, on 20 April 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

We all knew that our primaily adult community would get some less mature players with F2P, but this is getting ridiculous.

It's not getting, it already is bloody ridiculous. Specially knowing that both on forums and in game all the crap comes from same 4-5 people. Yet nothing is done.

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

View Postsnoopies78, on 20 April 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

No one said we are moving on to the next game, we are just not supporting FE financially any more, a lot of Heretic use commander subscriptions and although we will miss the benefits of this its free accounts for us for a while.

No one has been banned on either side, on our side I'd have heard in vent if they have and I have most of the suspected botters on your side on my friends list to track how many that is coming at us and who we need to focus first.

Why the hell are you defending the aimbotters? I can understand some of the people posting here defending it but not you.
That's good then I assumed you were done with FE, my mistake.

Well the few that were on your side that were pretty obvious haven't logged in in a while...a cpl of em i haven't seen in weeks and the other I haven't seen in a week+.

I'm not defending anyone as I'm not sure whom you are accusing, so I can't say nay or yay about it. I've fought most of the saints members and I wouldn't say any of them are cheating, close fights but none of them were unbeatable or perfect.

As for aimbotters running rampant...I don't see it myself, I've ran into very few and those I fought in Saints weren't(and ive fought crypsis and messiaah). There are only a cpl I'd personally suspect and only 1 i know whom was(and they are on your side).

In fact those on my side of the wheel I see saying it I tell to shut up and stop saying it as unless they have concrete proof it merely makes them look like a fool and even if they do it's better to just submit it and stay quiet. I've never agreed with throwing out hackusations or anything of the sort, and in fact was the main reason I left wolves a long while back...I don't see crying about hacks or anything of the sort anyway to solve or make the problem better in fact it will just give people an illusion that it's common and it will increase because 'people want to be able to compete' and in my mind is a sad excuse that people use to make their egos feel better.

Edited by MICFILLER, 20 April 2012 - 04:33 AM.

Tiggs mad.

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

View PostAyameArmakuni, on 19 April 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

Unfortunately Heretic, is all hitting the unsub button until anti cheat is instituted.

NO! I forbid it! Not again! You're not leaving me alone with all these bum munchers AGAIN!!!! ;_;

I'm not ready for this game to turn Traveler only =(

Edited by RonGlass, 20 April 2012 - 05:20 AM.

XxAmenxX

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12

View PostTiggs, on 19 April 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

Hey Folks,

You can contact a GM in game (we have 24/7 in-game GM coverage) so you should always find a GM in the game world. You can also contact us (email will be sent) via http://help.gamersfirst.com/

Posts are removed because they violate our Rules and Guidelines or / or our TOS. Yes, we are not very strict with the rules because we want you to have discussions. However, when a post crosses the line it is removed and the forum poster may receiving a warning, or be removed.

Well a friend of mine if not more was removed from the forums no warning. After they review the rules they found they may have broken a Rule there they were not aware of. Most moderators give a warning pointing out which rule they broke and asked to remove them. I could understand an immediate suspension if they came on here being a racist posting disturbing images or such but I am sure they did not.

I am asking for Moderators of these boards to actually tell players if they have mistakenly broke a rule, not just go off and hit a suspend button when they are in the dark not knowing what they broke.

I am also asking moderators don't just remove a bunch of posts and suspending accounts like they did over the people posting about cheats my friend from RF was not aware that these broke the forum rules or they would not have respond to it and got suspend, however I believe G1 mods removing them constantly without informing players did not help the situation in any way it just lead to more Trolling, and more posts going up more suspensions/bans.

Lately, lots of in-game drama has been brought to the forums and this needs to stop. If you feel someone is cheating report it to a GM or submit a ticket into our system. Give full details, provide screenshots when you can. Don't just send in an email saying so and so is cheating I know it. We GMs do research every report and every report takes time to research. We will not tell you what actions we are taking against other players, you wouldn't like it if we told other players what actions we took against you if you were actioned against. (This is not open for debate) =)

I agree Tiggs, and Thanks for finally responding to one of these big Drama posts because it was going way too far. However I believe that G1 needs to improve its customer support, and provide an in game report function, or a ticket system which provides basic status of ticket such as Open, Solved, Provide more information etc.

Also I know all about the in Game Drama, my friend from RF has posted videos on YouTube documenting the in game drama that some people have done, and reported. Let me give some advise to these people they know who they are too, Please leave your Drama in game, and please leave drama that happens outside of the game there, there is no need to bring it into game start cursing out other players or spreading rumors about them and then it brings drama to forums No need at all this doesn't only effect the player but effects others in game, and G1 as well.

I can tell you from my own experience that there are reports that are false and some that aren't. Just because you don't see a GM show up when you report someone, does not mean we aren't watching what is going on and researching our log files. In some instances if we are very busy (we receive many private messages as soon as we login to the game) it may take us longer to respond or deal with a situation.

I can understand this if G1 Can't provide immediate support to an issue, there is nothing more than I would like to do myself but provide respect, help the community, and respect all GM's and Staff. However one of my members of Rising Force feels as if G1 does not take them seriously, I will talk with the people I know and let them know that G1 finally respond here. However this is the reason I believe that G1 needs to update support to provide the Case Status I understand that G1 can't come out and tell me for example that player X was banned, or suspended, but it would be nice to see a solved issue on a ticket, or know that is dealt with rather than a player not knowing what is going on, feeling that G1 doesn't care about instances of cheating, or in game abuse for example.

One other thing I would like to add, our GM characters are much like your player characters except we have powers you don't. We too will lose connection from time to time, especially from teleporting all over the world to help players. So if a GM does not respond to you in a reasonable amount of time, just message the GM again and ask when they are available if they can assist you.

I know tiggs not everyone knows but I am a GM on my own server on another game.

I remembered something else to add to this post...

While it looks to you like many people are complaining about a person or clan, what you don't see is the ip of those people posting. We seem to have a couple of users that constantly create new forum names to make it look like various people are complaining. Not cool since the users of the forums are deceived however we GMs are not. We know who is doing it and we do action against them.

Yep I know about this too I am one of them, I will not tell you who I am but because of IP address you should know right, well you could suspect point fingers as a moderator but you just might be wrong. My point being I am at burger king right now connected to a VPS server which then has many IP addresses because it connects to a 128bit secure VPN server which then connects through more networks chances are if you wish to risk IP banning me you might ban another innocent person from the forums who knows.

I also as a GM on other games know how moderators and GM's think as well, but try not to get ahead of yoself too much could be bad pr.

Hey if anyone wants to get some french fries let me know I will order you some lol.

I do give my Thanks Tiggs for actually responding to these issues, and I hope that some of what I have said can be done to help keep some of this drama not only off G1 forums but off other forums as well because it doesn't help G1 when people feel like they are being abused by G1, and other players at certain points. Believe me Tiggs I have seen it all in Fallen Earth, and other MMOGs as well from Server Crashing, to Raids on servers, Passing rumors around, in Game drama by rumors and I know how bad things can get in a Sandbox title and they can get very ugly even just by 3 players who have a simple misunderstanding then it goes into far more, and more get involved and then Trolling the boards for example.

Oh yes and speaking of drama I thought this would be very funny to share.

As for who we are, we are everyone, and we are no one and lets keep it at that the less people know the better because what people don't know they fear but know we are a secret guild of friends who hang out on skype and pretty big we run across multiple MMOG titles we share information. ;).

Edited by XxAmenxX, 20 April 2012 - 07:46 AM.

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -9841 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

View PostSinning, on 19 April 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Couple of questions here:

In the past two weeks (since I came back from 4 months away) I have noticed numerous times when there have NOT been GM's on, for periods greater than 30 mins. Annoying when it is to show/report to a GM an exploit or someone I suspect of aimbotting (catch in act etc).

Yes re same people posting under new names, many of them been doing it for ages...if they using same IP and this is how you are determining it then why don't you ban their IP.

Re the thing that is not open for debate, thats a pity because I would debate it (disagree with your assumption) :) but thank you for the post and info contained in it.

We have full GM coverage, however... GMs are also allowed to take a break so it is possible for some reports that you're hitting their break time. In that case please send an ingame mail to the GM for when they return from break.

We do ban on the forums, some naughty users try to circumvent the ban but it isn't for long. =)
~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®