Photo

FXAA Implementation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
UPDATE: This is the official response from EvenBalance.

03/28/2012 13:34:21 - "Adam D"
Note #2: I'm sorry, but such tools cannot be allowed on PB enabled servers.
03/27/2012 03:03:12 - "a4especibot"
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

Hi guys,

Any idea on whether FXAA will be implemented? It provides a good quality image akin to 4xMSAA with barely any performance hit.
The existing BETA AA in APB:R results in some graphic problems - like glowing character outlines.

I found this FXAA implementation for DX9/10/11 titles (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?273794-Enable-FXAA-in-Dx9-Dx10-and-Dx11-Games-Now-by-some-dude!-Version-9)

I want to try it in APB: Reloaded.

Will I get banned for using this tool? I would prefer a dev to reply to this.

-A4

Edited by Specci, 28 March 2012 - 02:03 PM.

LAPDAlonzo

LAPDAlonzo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11
FXAA is already enable.
Just set it on in the Nvidia CP panel.
It works just fine in APB
Posted Image
GAMING | APB | MUSIC | MOVIES
Watching Hackers 24/7, EU2, Colby West, HK, Joker East, EU1, Be Warned, I GOT EYES EVERYWHERE - U2K Tha Greate$t

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Not everyone has an nVidia card. I can only use MLAA, which blurs the text to the point that it is unreadable.

-A4

TehGrunt

TehGrunt

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11
What? FXAA is in the NVCP?... What driver version are you using?

I got a GTX 560 Ti at the moment and don't have this option.

EDIT: Ah, didn't know a new driver got released, time to update.

EDIT2: Is FXAA through the control panel ban-able?

EDIT3: Ah well, whatever, trying it out in-game now.

Edited by TehGrunt, 25 March 2012 - 01:01 AM.

"War may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men." -George S. Patton

tawess

tawess

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3672 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
no it is in no way shape or form banable.
AlexEss Aux Operative Tactical Arc Corporation

The Soapbox

TehGrunt

TehGrunt

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11
Well, I asked about it being ban-able because PB might pick up the shader injection (If this is how the CP does it) as hacks of some sort like the unofficial FXAA injectors around the net.

So yeah... I tried it, love it. Text is a little bit strange but the AA is really good, no more glowing edges on characters!

Baconlung

Baconlung

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11
I've been using it for about a month, no problems yet. I don't really think it could be picked up as a hack or something, it's pretty much just an overlay..

Zlavik

Zlavik

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Joined 19-December 11
The only FXAA that you can enable in the Control Panel is for the new 300.x series of drivers. Until that becomes available for lower range cards as well, and not just the GTX 680, we'll have to wait.

Stonish

Stonish

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Joined 17-February 12
Anything like that for ATI users? Glowing edges are quite annoying...

Posted Image
Server: Obeya EU1 | Nickname: Stonish | Side: Enforcer Clan: S.A.S. | Rank: 152
My english is not perfect and I know about that. Just saying...

Melancholia

Melancholia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Joined 03-October 11
^Its a tool, it works for every card.

http://www.assembla....-pp-inject/wiki

Really though, I dont use it cause i think its bannable IMO. FXAA does look great though...and works for almost every recent game.

LAPDAlonzo

LAPDAlonzo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11

Not everyone has an nVidia card. I can only use MLAA, which blurs the text to the point that it is unreadable.

When i was using my XFX 5750, yea MLAA is blurry , which is why i stop using it and i just force AA in the Control panel and set AA to X2 and it made my game look good. But MLAA i had to keep off, not only did it killed the frame rate but also yea made it blurry.

What? FXAA is in the NVCP?... What driver version are you using?

http://forums.guru3d...ad.php?t=360387

Make sure you download the inf file too and replace that file into your driver folder.

I got a GTX 560 Ti at the moment and don't have this option.

I have a GTX 550ti and yea you have to download the newest version, the one i mention above in the link.

For anyone using a Nvidia card, all you have to do is download the newest drivers it has FXAA option in there.

About using inject tools for your cards, nvidia or intel, you could get ban for it. There is a warning message about using the inject tool.
Posted Image
Watching Hackers 24/7, EU2, Colby West, HK, Joker East, EU1, Be Warned, I GOT EYES EVERYWHERE - U2K Tha Greate$t

TehGrunt

TehGrunt

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11
And yeah, it's usually wallhacks as far as I know that injects stuff through DirectX, best not to use any custom DirectX injectors. (Hence the people that were using ENB series on this game were banned)

Link to custom INF: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dd0fzs (Original link: http://forums.guru3d...6&postcount=208 courtesy of Shadowdane in the Guru3D forums but this one saved as text file for me, I had to edit my original INF file *copy + paste from Shadowdane's* it's the one in the Sendspace link)

This is for the English version of the display driver. Not the International one.

Put in: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\301.10\WinVista_Win7_64\En glish\Display.Driver

Use the driver at your own risk. Works fine for everyone but just saying.

Edited by TehGrunt, 25 March 2012 - 10:41 AM.

Kimiko

Kimiko

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10
So, I had to give this a try, and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. FXAA doesn't show up in my screenshots, but it does remove the glowing edge you get normally with AA in APB. With 2x460's in SLI, I had to do FXAA + 2xAA to get acceptable performance, which is kind of a bummer, but it looks great. With 8xCSAA + FXAA I was dropping down to 35fps in explosions, with 4xAA+FXAA I fall to 45-50 in explosions which is almost tolerable, and on 2xAA+FXAA I keep 60+ in them, with ~110fps just driving around.

Posted Image

Keyi

Keyi

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11
Guys, don't worry about FXAA. It's only for the new Nvidia GTX cards, so don't worry about the FXAA. It's just as MSAA x16, only better. corner are sharper, images less pixelated,...

Edited by Keyi, 26 March 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Life ain't fun if you ain't fun.
Posted Image

TehGrunt

TehGrunt

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Joined 27-April 11
You mean TXAA?

It's MSAA x16 with the performance hit of MSAA x2.

FXAA can be used by any GPU, NVidia or AMD.

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Still any hope of a DEVELOPER or MODERATOR confirming if using the FXAA Injector (for those without an nVidia card) will be bannable?

-A4

Tronkles

Tronkles

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3841 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

Still any hope of a DEVELOPER or MODERATOR confirming if using the FXAA Injector (for those without an nVidia card) will be bannable?

-A4

Talk with Evenbalance

View Postkotsoskvd, on 26 April 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

I HAVE GM ON MY BALLS!!!!!!!!! MODARATORS TOO!!! U R ALL NOOBS!!!!!! I CAN gosh darn U EASY WITH MY STAR556 LVL9 TUTORIAL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!

Kimiko

Kimiko

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

Guys, don't worry about FXAA. It's only for the new Nvidia GTX cards, so don't worry about the FXAA. It's just as MSAA x16, only better. corner are sharper, images less pixelated,...

FXAA works just fine with the new 301.XX nvidia drivers on 400 and 500 series cards, I haven't tested on older hardware.

Talk with Evenbalance

This. No moderator or G1/RP employee can tell you for certain what punkbuster will detect, you need to send evenbalance an email linking to the file and asking if PB picks it up.

Posted Image

LAPDAlonzo

LAPDAlonzo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11

-A4

Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure).

Warning right there buddy. So you are taking a risk.
If you are using a ATI card, why not just force AAX2 in the game or AA in general from the CCC.
Anyways good luck, but i hope your not asking this question to use hacks in the game and if you get banned, you will use the tool as a excuse. Believe me i heard it all before lol
Posted Image

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
I've sent a support ticket to EVENBALANCE and notified them of both FXAA and SMAA techniques, including the web-urls to obtain them.

Dunno if they'll reply back.

I know the MODERATORS can't be expected to know, but maybe you guys have more sway with the devs? Get them to implement FXAA in the next patch?
Hell, if the Duke Nukem Forever team could do that on the UT2k4 engine, surely you guys can too! (Just don't take 12 years to do it please).

-A4

Butch808

Butch808

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined 15-April 11

Anything like that for ATI users? Glowing edges are quite annoying...

goto APBGame folder, open machineoptions.ini then add this line at the bottom of the 1st list: Bloom=False

That will turn off all the crappy bloom effects.
Posted Image
Butch808 Posted Image
Oppressive Compulsive Detectives - [OCD]
Obeya EU1

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Doesn't this substantially alter the lighting effects of APB:R?

Would this make the game very dark in some areas?

-A4

Specci

Specci

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Updated with response from Evenbalance:

03/28/2012 13:34:21 - "Adam D"
Note #2: I'm sorry, but such tools cannot be allowed on PB enabled servers.
03/27/2012 03:03:12 - "a4especibot"
Note #1: Ticket submitted to support staff.

-A4

TerressaTakai

TerressaTakai

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Joined 30-April 11

FXAA is already enable.
Just set it on in the Nvidia CP panel.
It works just fine in APB

Yup, i dont see what the problem is...
If you have a 680GTX you just do what LAPDAlonzo states... which is correct

If your 500 series or below, just override in 64x AA and below to get rid of the jiggies

Kimiko

Kimiko

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

If your 500 series or below, just override in 64x AA and below to get rid of the jiggies

Going to take some serious overkill to get away with 64xAA... :P And anyway, you can just inf mod the 680's drivers and use the 301.XX series with 400- and 500-series cards, FXAA works just fine.

Posted Image

Rammix

Rammix

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Joined 02-February 11
I downloaded the 301.XX series drivers last night but it seems to make all the text in the game look blurry, with or without fxaa enabled.

I didn't get much time to test it as it was fairly late, but has anyone else had this problem?
Posted Image
"Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro"
Follow me on Twitter