Photo

This account is already logged in.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

UnfAdder

UnfAdder

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12
Ive been aware that this bug has been happening to mutiple people now and unfortunately, I too am a victim.
Everything runs fine on startup and it allows me to log in on the startup menu. Once I press the Launch button is when it messes up.
It send me to a totally different page asking me to type in my pass word to disconnect my user ingame. I know for a fact that none is on my account because I keep my passwords safe and hidden.
Funny part about this is that my account was fine 4 hours ago.

Wish someone could help me ASAP. Thanks! :badcomputer:
Posted Image

Contact me for custom Logos like this one.

xhrit

xhrit

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 26-October 11

Ive been aware that this bug has been happening to mutiple people now and unfortunately, I too am a victim.
Everything runs fine on startup and it allows me to log in on the startup menu. Once I press the Launch button is when it messes up.
It send me to a totally different page asking me to type in my pass word to disconnect my user ingame. I know for a fact that none is on my account because I keep my passwords safe and hidden.
Funny part about this is that my account was fine 4 hours ago.

Wish someone could help me ASAP. Thanks! :badcomputer:

Sometimes if the server crashes it can mistakenly think you are logged in when you are not. The server crashed earlier tonight. Just type your password in and you are golden.

Posted Image
Transparent-GUI - Mod for Fallen Earth
Word-image-symbol programming imprisons the individual. Smash the control images, smash the control machine.

Cyrielx2

Cyrielx2

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
Mainly has to do with the server coming back up, so it'll probably still remember your character being logged. Just wait a bit and try again or, as said, force your char to disconnect, then reconnect again.

These things usually fix themselves, however annoying they are.

UnfAdder

UnfAdder

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12
I forgot to add a little detail. Everytime I attempt typing in my password to "disconnect my user" it denys the fact that my password is valid, and sends me back to the modified login screen asking me to log in.

Usually when I log in it still insists my character in ingame. This is very confusing and difficult to explain. I hope you guys can understand. :Help:
Posted Image

UnfAdder

UnfAdder

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12

Mainly has to do with the server coming back up, so it'll probably still remember your character being logged. Just wait a bit and try again or, as said, force your char to disconnect, then reconnect again.

These things usually fix themselves, however annoying they are.

I forgot to add a little detail. Everytime I attempt typing in my password to "disconnect my user" it denys the fact that my password is valid, and sends me back to the modified login screen asking me to log in.

Usually when I log in it still insists my character in ingame. This is very confusing and difficult to explain. I hope you guys can understand.
Posted Image

AncientCrone

AncientCrone

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11
I understand. I was having that problem for about 3 weeks in February and had to get help from support after each time the servers had been down.

It seemed to fix itself near the end of February and my ticket was closed. However the problem came back sometime Friday night and I've been unable to log in since then. I get the same message that my character is already logged in and all I can do is use my password to log out. It's been 3 days now.

All I can suggest is that you request help from support. They are still working on my issue and, if they figure out mine, they'll have a fix for you as well.

BTW, some folks have success with repeatedly trying to log in and suddenly....ta da...you get in. I hope that works for you, because I'm probably on log-in attempt 250 and still not getting in. Good luck!

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -9484 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
I've went through support tickets and cleared up the ones that reported this. For those of you in this thread that haven't tried contacting support yet. Please try this:

Login to your account on Gamersfirst
Change your password to 7 letters or numbers (no special characters)
Now try logging into Fallen Earth (without steam auth) using your gamersfirst email address
Enter in your new password

If you receive the old login screen, enter in your new password to log your account out.

Now close out the launcher and try to launch the game. If you're brought to the old launcher screen (you shouldn't get this but in case you do) use the new password again to logout/login. Please try multiple times.

If you're still unable to get into the game then please email support and I will check out what is going on.

Edited by Tiggs, 20 March 2012 - 11:27 AM.

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

UnfAdder

UnfAdder

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12

I've went through support tickets and cleared up the ones that reported this. For those of you in this thread that haven't tried contacting support yet. Please try this:

Now try logging into Fallen Earth (without steam auth) using your gamersfirst email address

If you receive the old login screen, enter in your new password to log your account out.

Now close out the launcher and try to launch the game. If you're brought to the old launcher screen (you shouldn't get this but in case you do) use the new password again to logout/login. Please try multiple times.

If you're still unable to get into the game then please email support and I will check out what is going on.

Thank you. I'll have to C & P this to a .txt file, but I'm giving you full credit and will keep the file to only myself. I'll try your instructions later on tonight and I'll get back at you ASAP. Thank-you to everyone on this thread for their help and concern.
~UnfAdder
Posted Image

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -9484 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Thank you. I'll have to C & P this to a .txt file, but I'm giving you full credit and will keep the file to only myself. I'll try your instructions later on tonight and I'll get back at you ASAP. Thank-you to everyone on this thread for their help and concern.
~UnfAdder

If by chance it doesn't work then please either post your character name here or send an email to support.
~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

UnfAdder

UnfAdder

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12

If by chance it doesn't work then please either post your character name here or send an email to support.

It was a success. Thank you for your help. Now I know what to do if this ever happens to me again.
Posted Image

AirPig

AirPig

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-May 12

Lol What a mess! Server Restart = Whole day connection lost
Ca't be more simple to kill all connexions after a server restart? Specially Steams ones due to frequence of bug ;)
BTW Restart message come 15 min (yes the metric ones) after my first attempt. Should I have to guess when this crapy unusual interface sometimes tells ok and sometimes tells not now? YOu have got a mix between internal game data and story lines...
OK Im not stupid Im just a bit angry of double issues.
If I attempted 20 times on log during unknown restart, will I have to wait 20 launch for log in? xD
What a crapy triple schizophrenic interface
Even if I'm not stupid I don't like password ^ 3 and I don't like routines

Joke: are the field in us keyboard or azerty keyboard lol?

For now I've lost 3 h of understandind and resolving Annoying - unknown - issues and it still don't log in
Ok maybe I just need to log off steam first...
Don't work either.

*UPDATE*
OK Tiggs how to worked for me, I have failed at "try to login without steam"
May you create a youtube version please, or put pictures to know what to uncheck, it is such a routine for me, I don't pay attention to some detail like this.
5h lost, 2h du to server down 3h due to bug understanding

Edited by Damned Flying Marco, 28 May 2012 - 03:33 PM.

*CB* Convoy, this is Stampede. Code Six Pack! Code Six Pack! Heading East on I82. I need your patootie over here! Now! ... Jesus, where the hell is he? Convoy, come back! Got two creepers on my six. A yellow Palomino and a black Rampage, and I'm bingo ammo!

Porc0 Blake, La Horde Sauvage ; Natty Dread

AncientCrone

AncientCrone

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11

*UPDATE*
OK Tiggs how to worked for me, I have failed at "try to login without steam"
May you create a youtube version please, or put pictures to know what to uncheck, it is such a routine for me, I don't pay attention to some detail like this.
5h lost, 2h du to server down 3h due to bug understanding

I believe Tiggs is one of those "contract employees" they let go. Maybe one of G!'s employees who will be transferred from other games to work on FE will know ALL about this and help you. Good luck!

xEhCkZx

xEhCkZx

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
After restarts if you're using steam authentication if it fails like that enter your password and attempt to disconnect.... it will drop you back as if it did not work to the G1 launcher. From there hit QUIT and then relaunch game through steam again (Not the G1 launcher the second attempt) and it will work fine. Works every time. I've had this issue many, many times and this has always done the trick.
Posted Image

Anubis Dax

Anubis Dax

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-February 13
hello i need help,

i get this message: This account is already logged in

- i start the launcher through steam
- use steam auth
- click LOGIN
- start game
then it says im already logged in, but i can enter some password to force logout.
But here's the thing, what password? i use steam auth, so i never had a password.
All the above helpful advice dont apply to my case. Please help. ty

NipEild

NipEild

Raik Farran

• Wasteland Engineer - Decon
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

hello i need help,

i get this message: This account is already logged in

- i start the launcher through steam
- use steam auth
- click LOGIN
- start game
then it says im already logged in, but i can enter some password to force logout.
But here's the thing, what password? i use steam auth, so i never had a password.
All the above helpful advice dont apply to my case. Please help. ty

If you go to http://www.gamersfirst.com/ you can create a password via there, using your steam email address as the account email.
Die roller of Doom ™
Yes I know I don't post a lot compared to my verbosity ingame.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -9484 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I believe Tiggs is one of those "contract employees" they let go. Maybe one of G!'s employees who will be transferred from other games to work on FE will know ALL about this and help you. Good luck!

I've been working on Fallen Earth since Alpha =)

If anyone is still having trouble with this please go to support.gamersfirst.com and submit a ticket.

If you've logged into Fallen Earth and have characters then you have a GamersFirst account. It was created when you linked Steam to Fallen Earth. Try using the forgot password link and put in your email address. If you're unable to login please create a new account and contact support.

The steps have been explained a few times above.

Wizard70

Wizard70

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined 22-February 13

I've been working on Fallen Earth since Alpha =)

If anyone is still having trouble with this please go to support.gamersfirst.com and submit a ticket.

If you've logged into Fallen Earth and have characters then you have a GamersFirst account. It was created when you linked Steam to Fallen Earth. Try using the forgot password link and put in your email address. If you're unable to login please create a new account and contact support.

The steps have been explained a few times above.

This normally occurs after Wednesday maintenance or a loss of connection during play and is not that hard to resolve. In the page that pops up asking for your password just enter the password and keep clicking until the new login page appears with your username and re enter the password again.

It WILL NOT work on the first click just keep clicking until it does.
I was brought into this world to do a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die

JkComanche

JkComanche

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-January 14
Ive waited 3 days to try and play the game. maybe even a week. Havent actually played since Dec 23. Oh GOD. I cant faking take it anymore................
:smiley_emoticons_zombie01: The sad part is I feel like the GM's do nothing about this. FAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAK FAK!

Soulkius (Alsakov)

Soulkius (Alsakov)

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12

Ive waited 3 days to try and play the game. maybe even a week. Havent actually played since Dec 23. Oh GOD. I cant faking take it anymore................
:smiley_emoticons_zombie01: The sad part is I feel like the GM's do nothing about this. FAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAKFAK FAK!

Have you heard of something called support ? Send in a support ticket. Tiggs will help fix your problem. I had that problem too, but the support team helped me out =) Now I'm back in the game!