6 replies to this topic

Franko S

Franko S

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 05-March 12
Howdy, new player here loving the game so far. Just made my first purchase and i used pay pal. I am confused though an hoping someone can explain the links between the companies.

I payed with paypal for a purchase here on the Gamers First market place. The purchase went through but was charged to a company called Pay Span. .. then shortly after I got a welcome mail for my new account on Ultimate Pay thanking me for my purchase, the same purchase.

I dont THINK anything shifty is going on here but this reminds me of a phishing situation I ran in to once.

What i expected:
One purchase from my Pay Pal to Gamers First

What I got:
One purchase from my Pay Pay to Ultimate pay or to Pay Span ( i think they are the same .. not sure)
at least one new online account created , maybe 2

Anyone able to clear this up for me?

Zamarth

Zamarth

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 19-November 11
Yes, the Gamer's First payment system is made confusing like that, trying to trick you that they have more options than they actually have. All payments seem to sneakily go through Ultimate Pay and Moneybookers no matter what you do, two sites I have had extremely poor experience of. Moneybookers even stole my money for over 2 weeks and refused to give them back even after 3 mails. They don't have a support phone. I had to contact Visa and the police to get my money back.

I would strongly recommend everyone not to use Ultimate Pay nor Moneybookers. They are not serious companies and if a transaction goes wrong, as seems to be the norm with Gamer's First, those sites will steal your money for as long as possible. I have had one such errand with Ultimate Pay and two with Moneybookers. Their sites are worthless and their customer support non-existant.

Franko S

Franko S

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 05-March 12
"I would strongly recommend everyone not to use Ultimate Pay"

Thats the problem, I didnt want to use them. I just wanted Pay Pal to pay Gamers First but it seems Gamers First routed it as you said, and without my knowledge

Im the type of guy that doesn't even like to use my real name on Face Book heh so im not really keen on any of my info being routed through a 3rd party payment processor without my a heads up.

In any event, i seem to have received the points here on the Gamers First site so thats good, just kinda leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I am just over cautious *shrug*.

Zamarth

Zamarth

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 19-November 11
When I tried to use "Nordea Solo", which happens to be my local bank, they redirected the transfer to Moneybookers without telling me. And then Moneybookers stole my cash for several weeks. When I contacted Nordea about that issue, they were almost offended to have their trademark associated with these crappy sites. Nordea confirmed that they had nothing whatsoever to do with Moneybookers. They advised me not to use Gamer's First sites at all, as they found the payment system highly suspicious.

dany877

dany877

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 05-November 11

Howdy, new player here loving the game so far. Just made my first purchase and i used pay pal. I am confused though an hoping someone can explain the links between the companies.

I payed with paypal for a purchase here on the Gamers First market place. The purchase went through but was charged to a company called Pay Span. .. then shortly after I got a welcome mail for my new account on Ultimate Pay thanking me for my purchase, the same purchase.

I dont THINK anything shifty is going on here but this reminds me of a phishing situation I ran in to once.

What i expected:
One purchase from my Pay Pal to Gamers First

What I got:
One purchase from my Pay Pay to Ultimate pay or to Pay Span ( i think they are the same .. not sure)
at least one new online account created , maybe 2

Anyone able to clear this up for me?

this happend to me also...when u do a first payment with paypal automatically u will recive an email wich say click here to earn your free ultimate points ( it is a hidden subscription) then after this u will recive another email wich say : maybe you forget your password please reset it . When u set a password automatically you have registered to the site unintentionally...that's what happend to me...was the same for you right ? I think this is incorrect because you are subscribed to the service involuntarily and apb email account automatically links to the site ultimate points ...and this sux i'm very angry about that..

Edited by dany877, 03 May 2012 - 08:31 AM.

Mansk

Mansk

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Joined 22-April 11
Most MMO's use a third-party payment processor (from what I've seen it's usually Playspan aka UltimatePay), I've only ever once had an issue which their support promptly resolved (twas an account issue, not payment) however I've never had an issue when my payment goes through them on other MMOs or G1 MMO's when I've bought G1c. It's not really an uncommon thing for companies to use a third-party processor, not to say that you shouldn't be told who is getting your details (it's probs in fine print somewhere in the ToS/Privacy Policy)...

Not too sure with moneybookers though, recall another thread recently about someone having issues with them as the processor due to a fraud prevention check which required alot of personal information. Though, if you search the internet you will find a vast majority of people making similiar comments about other payment processors such as paypal, saying that their transactions have been held or even their accounts with alot of cash in them closed without any valid or justifiable reason and support being somewhat unhelpful, whereas other people such as myself have never had an issue.

That's my 2cents, it may sound like ramblings of a madman to some as I've only just got up and not even had a coffee yet. If you still feel concerned however, you could always contact G1's support and ask them about it. (help.gamersfirst.com)
[ Fallen Earth Knowledgebase | Help Encyclopedia (FAQ) | Join the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer Team ]

THINK SMART

Check the FAQ/Knowledgebase / Ask in help chat / Contact a Hazmat volunteer directly / Contact a GM.
(Only go straight to a GM if it is an urgent issue that can't be resolved through other means. If there is no GM on, contact support here.

I am no longer part of the Wasteland Hazmat volunteer team, therefore this information is provided "AS IS"

Apocalyptic

Apocalyptic

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined 03-March 13
Man I better hope Ultimate Pay works out my payment problem soon. And Gamersfirst better give me my G1C that I PURCHASED.
i consider this fcked up man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users