Photo

MISSION MUGGING: An Exploit

* * * - - 6 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
Wow, so over the course of the last 4 months, I have occasionally run into crims packing well over $1500 but not witnessable. I always assumed this was some sort of bug–a rare occurance.

Last night I discovered that this is in fact, not a bug, but an exploit that crims are starting to use more and more.

So apparently if a crim is on a mission, they can continue to mug and take cars to the chop shop.

EASY FIX?: Make it impossible to mug or deliver vehicles (to chop shop) while on a mission!

I am actually quite appalled (but really, should I be?) that this loophole as been around for as long as it has and G1 has not addressed it. This should be an EASY fix, so make it happen please.

Title: Crims exploting bug that allows them inability to be witnessed

Description: Crims who are on a mission cannot be witnessed. That is at least, my speculation. This is being used as an exploit/loophole for money farming without threat/worry of being witnessed.

Steps to Reproduce: (I dont play crim so I am guessing)
1. Hit K
2. Get Mission
3. Do crimes
4. Get rewarded.

How many times have you recreated the bug: Never–I dont play crim–but it shouldnt be difficult to reproduce!

Results: Low risk, high reward money farming

Expected Result: Crims should be witnessable, but arent because they are engaged in a mission.

Edited by F e e l i n I r i e, 27 February 2012 - 03:08 PM.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted Image

Optimist

Optimist

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11
Crims can be witnessed by:
-Ramraiding
-Mugging
-Stealing cars--> delivering them
-paranormal brains of the enforcers who see how much cash the crims have. ~~~*he has over 1500*~~~

Their multiplier is lower than the enfs.
So I understand why crim needs some cash.
Getting demotivated by the golden weapon arsenal of the opponents (includes one roadrunnner like shotgun superhero).
Crim:
"I will lose. Lets do something PvE to calm down"
After the mission the Crims changes 15 year old TVs into ~150 Dollar until he crosses the >>1500<< border
Drives fast or like a ninja to the laundry and before he get his solid money, King-OSMAW starts and win the solo VIP mission.

Of course it is a mission and some Enfs expect a crim will do the mission. But isn´t a crime someone who breaked the law. Someone who don´t give a phugg about the rules?
What should a civilian say to a crim during a mission?
Civilian:"He you can not mug me. I know it because R0XX0R-enf-of D4rkn3ss-2012 has posted it on Twitter"
Crim:

*and starts mugging*

Breaking the law is just one reason to play a crim.
Mugging during mission is not a bug. It is a feature. Like HVR Scout jumpshoot.

Edited by Optimist, 27 February 2012 - 01:09 PM.

TrackReindeer

TrackReindeer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11
Criminal money limit needs to be 100$ or 0$. To be honest if people are just gonna exploit it by turning it in at 1499$ just make it so its 1$ and your spot able. This will make it so criminal have to hide crimes such as mugging or ram raiding.
Make it real life, you mug someone or ram someone's store you should be able to get spotted in.
In all reality I think driving on the sidewalk should spot you in.

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

Crims can be witnessed by:
-Ramraiding
-Mugging
-Stealing cars--> delivering them
-paranormal brains of the enforcers who see how much cash the crims have. ~~~*he has over 1500*~~~

Their multiplier is lower than the enfs.
So I understand why crim needs some cash.
Getting demotivated by the golden weapon arsenal of the opponents (includes one roadrunnner like shotgun superhero).
Crim:
"I will lose. Lets do something PvE to calm down"
After the mission the Crims changes 15 year old TVs into ~150 Dollar until he crosses the >>1500<< border
Drives fast or like a ninja to the laundry and before he get his solid money, King-OSMAW starts and win the solo VIP mission.

Of course it is a mission and some Enfs expect a crim will do the mission. But isn´t a crime someone who breaked the law. Someone who don´t give a phugg about the rules?
Civilian:"He you can not mug me. I know it because R0XX0R-enf-of D4rkn3ss-2012 has posted it on Twitter"
Crim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

*and starts mugging*

Breaking the law is just one reason to play a crim.
Mugging during mission is not a bug. It is a feature. Like HVR Scout jumpshoot.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I know all of this. My post is about an exploit that does not allow criminals to be witnessed because they are on a mission.

Criminal money limit needs to be 100$ or 0$. To be honest if people are just gonna exploit it by turning it in at 1499$ just make it so its 1$ and your spot able. This will make it so criminal have to hide crimes such as mugging or ram raiding.
Make it real life, you mug someone or ram someone's store you should be able to get spotted in.
In all reality I think driving on the sidewalk should spot you in.

This also has nothing to do with my post. Do you people even read?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Posted Image

Eradicate

Eradicate

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 05-January 12
This isn't a bug. And even if it is, you can't turn in dirty money to a laundry on a mission. Just so you have your facts straight. Please close this thread, OP is getting angry over nothing.

Black Sun Rising

Black Sun Rising

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2948 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
actually its true. i have reported this plenty
and is always done on han

crims join a mission and do nothing but mug till n5 and kill eachother
during a mission giving them 3000$$ before the mission is over
when it is over it is multiplied becoming 4-8k
plus all the farmed money that cant be witnessed
and have 15k+ money on them to hand in that is not witnessable
and then hand that money in or continue till it is even larger

Edited by Cache, 28 February 2012 - 09:27 AM.

Posted Image
Animated images are not allowed in either the avatar or signature areas.

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6399 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Wow, so over the course of the last 4 months, I have occasionally run into crims packing well over $1500 but not witnessable. I always assumed this was some sort of bug–a rare occurance.

Last night I discovered that this is in fact, not a bug, but an exploit that crims are starting to use more and more.

So apparently if a crim is on a mission, they can continue to mug and take cars to the chop shop.

EASY FIX?: Make it impossible to mug or deliver vehicles (to chop shop) while on a mission!

I am actually quite appalled (but really, should I be?) that this loophole as been around for as long as it has and G1 has not addressed it. This should be an EASY fix, so make it happen please.

Umm... Im a cop but i have a crim you CANNOT turn in cars, tv's, or anything else WHILE IN MISSION. So they had it when they went into mission and they are just gathering things while in mission. (u can mug however but i end up killling them anyways)

Your "witnessing thing" look they had to turn it in before they went back into mission to gather more. no complaining :P besides when i see most of them im in mission so i cant do anything

Posted Image
[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

MonteJr

MonteJr

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4496 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
Last I checked, as long as you don't have opp, you can be witnessed.

Also, you can't drop-off goods or receive dirty money when on a mission. (Says so when you try in-game.) [And people STILL drop off cars??!!?]
The exception is mugging, but the amount is so little (around $40) it's not that big of a deal.

But when on my enforcer, I have noticed problems with people having XXXX amount of money, yet I couldn't witness them.
Aimbotter: "Which hack do you use? Your's is better than mine"

Stranger: "Monte giving away nanos in Social!"
Me: "I am?"
Stranger: "Oh S---!"

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11
I agree that crims shouldn't be able to do PvE while in a mission, however - IMHO, PvE should be completely removed from the game until enforcers finally receive their own form of PvE.

Eradicate

Eradicate

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 05-January 12
Why did everyone just repeat what I said up there? And why is this thread still going? Accept your free mission win, and move on.

Edited by Eradicate, 28 February 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

Why did everyone just repeat what I said up there? And why is this thread still going? Accept your free mission win, and move on.

Because it's exploiting the mission system to circumvent witnessing.

OZares

OZares

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

Title: Crims exploting bug that allows them inability to be witnessed

Description: Crims who are on a mission cannot be witnessed. That is at least, my speculation. This is being used as an exploit/loophole for money farming without threat/worry of being witnessed.

Steps to Reproduce: (I dont play crim so I am guessing)
1. Hit K
2. Get Mission
3. Do crimes
4. Get rewarded.

How many times have you recreated the bug: Never–I dont play crim–but it shouldnt be difficult to reproduce!

Results: Low risk, high reward money farming

Expected Result: Crims should be witnessable, but arent because they are engaged in a mission.

I also saw that now a couple of times.

Once we followed a 3 mate team doing this. They mugged in the shoppinghall near Strega Bloodrose. Appearently their mission were over and they changed the items to money instant at the contact. - For us cops it was a easy money ... they popped out the garage and had to face my perfectly timed nade. ^^
The van blowed up with the whole team. I collected 3 bags full of cash.

Maybe its an exploit. But if you are patient you will get the money. They cant drop items in a mission nor change the money at the laundry. Just follow them and prepare to press "ALT" to get those fakkas ;)

The "exploit" isnt half that mean to the cop as it is to the criminal who calls for backup and gains those farmers as backup. Imho thats the bigger problem.

Regards
Ares
Skill is when luck becomes a habit
Excuse my bad english skills | Regards Ares

M3rky

M3rky

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11
The cop gets a free win, and if it's a kill mission the cop even gets to kill them AND take their money. The criminals who called for backup can kick them. The people doing it lose the mission.
Posted Image

Black Sun Rising

Black Sun Rising

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2948 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

I also saw that now a couple of times.

Once we followed a 3 mate team doing this. They mugged in the shoppinghall near Strega Bloodrose. Appearently their mission were over and they changed the items to money instant at the contact. - For us cops it was a easy money ... they popped out the garage and had to face my perfectly timed nade. ^^
The van blowed up with the whole team. I collected 3 bags full of cash.

Maybe its an exploit. But if you are patient you will get the money. They cant drop items in a mission nor change the money at the laundry. Just follow them and prepare to press "ALT" to get those fakkas ;)

The "exploit" isnt half that mean to the cop as it is to the criminal who calls for backup and gains those farmers as backup. Imho thats the bigger problem.

Regards
Ares

that is what we are complaining about.
you cant witness them even if they have 5,000 on them because they have misson
and once mission is over you still cant witness them. (nor can others)
i have done this myself and i can walk around with 50,000 in the open without mission and everyone will rage that noone can witness me

the money collected during the mission/n5 killing eachother is not witnessable forever.
if you have 2 people doing this, you can earn 5k+ per mission on the loss and have around 10k on you that is not witnessable.

all of you are not understanding the OP

Posted Image

OZares

OZares

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11
Those 3 crims definatelys mugged in the mall near to stregas. They dropped tons of items and were heading for the laundry (i guess). But we waited for thewm coming out of the garage as already told. I dont know how many money they had before/ in the mission. But they spend us 3K when they dropped the little items.

We could "witness" them cuz one of that guys had +1500.

What is OP? I only know OP as overpowered. But in this context it seems to mean something else. Teach me if you can. ^^

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

The cop gets a free win, and if it's a kill mission the cop even gets to kill them AND take their money. The criminals who called for backup can kick them. The people doing it lose the mission.

You're completely forgetting the fact that the enforcers who aren't in the mission can't witness the crim who's doing PvE. This ins't about free wins, this is about circumventing the witness system so that it's possible for you to run around with large sums of cash, while ramraiding/mugging, without running the risk of being witnessed.

Optimist

Optimist

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11
When the mission is over you can be witnessed by trading in the items.
You can be witnessed while running to the money laundry(camp spot for some enforcers).
It is not farming without risk. It is just a strategy against the last bullschiat witness update. The gain is not that big.

50.000 with a lost mugging mission? :daydream:
Maybe I get it wrong.

I play crim and I never had this amount of money from one lost mug mission. And 5.000 from on mission? Ok if you are single and muggin since the first stage and the opponents get a 15 minutes VIP extension. The enemy team will try to get you.
ok
But not in normal mission.

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

When the mission is over you can be witnessed by trading in the items.

Only if there's an enforcer who feels the need to camp crim contacts

You can be witnessed while running to the money laundry(camp spot for some enforcers).

Only if the crime flag is triggered to allow witnessing

It is not farming without risk.

But it has far less risk than not exploiting the mission system. The only way you can die is if you're found by the opposition.

And 5.000 from on mission?

Money and items earned from mugging + the money awarded at end game = more money than the winning enforcer team would have acquired

Black Sun Rising

Black Sun Rising

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2948 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
the 50k wasnt from mission money
it was the mugging/n5 killeachother amount

during a mission....
if 2 criminals disregard the mission and mug until n5, kill eachother the money they collected before the n5 IS NOT WITNESSABLE

as in you can keep giving that money back and forth till it is whatever amount you get bored with.
IE 50,000...

you can walk around (not in mission) with 50k have cuffs over your head and CANT BE WITNESSED... does not matter if they camp the drop/laundry points the witness wont work.

Does it make sense now? or am i going to have to make a youtube video of me and another doing it then walk around with 10k, cuffs on my head and noone can witness me at all. (and not be in a mission)

OP stands or origional poster.

Edited by Cache, 01 March 2012 - 06:19 AM.

Posted Image

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
Bumping this. Some great discussion and new insights on exactly how this is done.

This thread is meant to highlight crims who are unwitnessable and how they are using an exploit to do so. As much as some of you crims want to defend this practice (and have an obvious incentive to keep doing so), this is an exploit and needs to be fixed by G1.

Edited by F e e l i n I r i e, 01 March 2012 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

OZares

OZares

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

the 50k wasnt from mission money
it was the mugging/n5 killeachother amount

during a mission....
if 2 criminals disregard the mission and mug until n5, kill eachother the money they collected before the n5 IS NOT WITNESSABLE

as in you can keep giving that money back and forth till it is whatever amount you get bored with.
IE 50,000...

you can walk around (not in mission) with 50k have cuffs over your head and CANT BE WITNESSED... does not matter if they camp the drop/laundry points the witness wont work.

Does it make sense now? or am i going to have to make a youtube video of me and another doing it then walk around with 10k, cuffs on my head and noone can witness me at all. (and not be in a mission)

OP stands or origional poster.

Thanks a lot. Now i understand.
I mixed it up with the "experience" we made with those guys like the situation i discribed.

Iam from germany and i avoid the german forum because it isnt well visited and the announcments arent up to date. Sorry for my low engl skillz and thanks for extending them. ^^ Iam just a bit confused about all those acronyms.

Dukies

Dukies

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 06-July 11

Crim:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-xsQvhgw

*and starts mugging*

Lol to that.
I play a 195 Enforcer, i have no problem with not being able to Wittiness while a criminal is in a opposed Mission. Chances are they will die to there op, so that money they made still CAN be lost.

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

Lol to that.
I play a 195 Enforcer, i have no problem with not being able to Wittiness while a criminal is in a opposed Mission. Chances are they will die to there op, so that money they made still CAN be lost.

Wrong. 1) Their opposing team will have no idea where they are. 2) You cannot witness a crim who is already on an opposed mission dude. You might have witnessed someone who was on an unopposed mission, but if they are on an opposed mission you cannot witness.

You either misunderstood (or maybe I misunderstood you?) or have not had the experience of not being able to witness a crim (that many of us others have had)...

Bump

Edited by F e e l i n I r i e, 02 March 2012 - 06:42 AM.

Posted Image

Zerentol

Zerentol

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12
Done this plenty so :

1) The money you mug from the civis STAY on the money, so you can still probably keep your money

2) 5 minute mission can get around less than 1.5k

3)You gain standing while mugging(duh)

They can still witness in unopposed but while opposed they can't

Besides, Enforcers can easily get around 5-50k in-game money by pressing ALT then blowing them up with their conc/osmaw
Totally balanced...So don't fix it until criminals can get a 5-10 second warning before they are in the opposed mission
Posted Image
I'm such a bad player i can get 9 assist with 0 kills in 1 mission
FOREVER_ASSIST

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

They can still witness in unopposed but while opposed they can't

Besides, Enforcers can easily get around 5-50k in-game money by pressing ALT then blowing them up with their conc/osmaw
Totally balanced...So don't fix it until criminals can get a 5-10 second warning before they are in the opposed mission

These two statements are contradictory. Enforcers cannot just "press ALT" and blow them up because pressing ALT does nothing if they (the criminal) are on a mission.

This is why I am saying its an exploit. Zero risk high reward is not "fine as is". You are just biased because you are obviously one of the people benefitting from this. No surprises there...

"But wait" you say "Crims are witnessable after the mission ends!". Yeah, but what if the crim is sitting on the money laundry when the mission ends? Also, 1500 for one mission... maybe... but I have seen crims with 5k, 6k, hell even 8k+ while in a mission. Explain that? Obviously they are doing crimes while unwitnessable, then going to hide when mission is about to end (or washing the money), K up for another mission, go back out and do crimes, rinse and repeat.

Edited by F e e l i n I r i e, 02 March 2012 - 11:00 AM.

Posted Image

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

This is why I am saying its an exploit. Zero risk high reward is not "fine as is". You are just biased because you are obviously one of the people benefitting from this. No surprises there...

This...a thousand times, this.

MiyaCop

MiyaCop

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Joined 08-December 11
I think that some people here forgot if you REALLY want the money, just ram the guys car until he either explodes, dropping all the money, or gets out, in which case you ram his car INTO him, to take his money from suicide. Duh, we have our own tricks too, enfs ;D
Posted Image

Lavans

Lavans

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Joined 14-March 11

I think that some people here forgot if you REALLY want the money, just ram the guys car until he either explodes, dropping all the money, or gets out, in which case you ram his car INTO him, to take his money from suicide. Duh, we have our own tricks too, enfs ;D

And yet the odds of bumping a crim into their car to kill them is slim to none.

Tricks only work if they're viable and offer a realistic solution to the problem.

PreedSwe

PreedSwe

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11
I've seen this.. Half a day in a district maybe 10 times I ran into these 2 dudes...
They werent involved in the mission.. But I kept seeing their reward cash go up and they both kept getting bounties, and instantly the other one killed him for the bounty.,. I did the mission objectives as I'm supposed to and won the mission, and yet they walk away with 4-6k after a few minutes while all I got was 500-1k... Not an exploit? *DUH*

Edited by PreedSwe, 02 March 2012 - 04:32 PM.

NongWumber

NongWumber

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
Here is my opinion on this garbage along with a few other things about this game.

This has to be one of the most worthless sacks of crap I have ever seen on the forum and should just be removed. Listed below is how you cry babies can make more money unless G1 decides to do something about it. which I don’t see happening anytime soon as you will understand if you have ever tried to play this game on a system which has ever had RealTek Sound related cards or on board sound drivers etc. This could have something to do with some of those people still using 32 bit systems but I doubt it. Also I’ve read it could be related to DirectX 9.0 confirmation on a real fix or update to fix this bullshoot has yet to appear anywhere from G1 Staff.

1. Get a team of around 3-4 crims for ram raiding.

2. Get someone with prem to log on an enforcer.

3. Crims take all crap gathered to the enforcer. Enforcers make more money from turning crap in anyways.

4. Everyone involved in the little collection puts some socks or some crap for sell for the enforcer to buy at the high price of the loot cut.

5. Everyone is happy and they can't get witnessed because the enforcer is the monkey handing everything in.

6. If you ask me enforcers should be able to witness other enforcers. This will help to make the game play more balanced add all weapons and vehicles for both crims and enforcers. Oh look an enforcer just got shotty stunned from 50 yards away…. All horsy whiny stupid mommy comes to an end.

7. Fix the lame RealTek sound card crap it is the most annoying problem with this game with thousands of people who can't enjoy the game without it crashing/locking up their PC. All the work around or other fixes are excuses for them not to fix the problem that is game related not hardware related. Fix your gosh darning game = more people that can play it = more money in your gosh darning pockets since that is what this is all about… MAKING MONEY.

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

Here is my opinion on this garbage along with a few other things about this game.

This has to be one of the most worthless sacks of crap I have ever seen on the forum and should just be removed. Listed below is how you cry babies can make more money unless G1 decides to do something about it. which I don’t see happening anytime soon as you will understand if you have ever tried to play this game on a system which has ever had RealTek Sound related cards or on board sound drivers etc. This could have something to do with some of those people still using 32 bit systems but I doubt it. Also I’ve read it could be related to DirectX 9.0 confirmation on a real fix or update to fix this bullshoot has yet to appear anywhere from G1 Staff.

1. Get a team of around 3-4 crims for ram raiding.

2. Get someone with prem to log on an enforcer.

3. Crims take all crap gathered to the enforcer. Enforcers make more money from turning crap in anyways.

4. Everyone involved in the little collection puts some socks or some crap for sell for the enforcer to buy at the high price of the loot cut.

5. Everyone is happy and they can't get witnessed because the enforcer is the monkey handing everything in.

6. If you ask me enforcers should be able to witness other enforcers. This will help to make the game play more balanced add all weapons and vehicles for both crims and enforcers. Oh look an enforcer just got shotty stunned from 50 yards away…. All horsy whiny stupid mommy comes to an end.

7. Fix the lame RealTek sound card crap it is the most annoying problem with this game with thousands of people who can't enjoy the game without it crashing/locking up their PC. All the work around or other fixes are excuses for them not to fix the problem that is game related not hardware related. Fix your gosh darning game = more people that can play it = more money in your gosh darning pockets since that is what this is all about… MAKING MONEY.

Most of us are aware of how to make money this way, which could be debated whether it is an exploit or not. I really dont care about MAKING money, I care about open world PVP, and the ability for me to engage in it. And therefore, if I see enforcers engaging in this behavior I will do everything I can to stop them.

This isnt about money its about fixing a clear exploit. This is a PVP game.

I find it funny that you think this post is "one of the most worthless sacks of crap I have ever seen on the forum". This is a bug report forum and this clearly, is a bug/exploit. Im sorry you think this thread is a waste of time, maybe you should just stick to the other forums...

Edited by F e e l i n I r i e, 04 March 2012 - 08:13 AM.

Posted Image

Optimist

Optimist

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 28-June 11
As long no Admin declare it as an exploit, I wouldn´t call it an exploit. (Forum mod doesn´t count)
HVR Scout jump shots seems like a exploit but it was declared as "no exploit" and "differnt gameplay".

This is a game with focus on pvp.
It is not a full pvp game like Counterstrike or BF3.

But we can still be friends! :dog:

Your turn.
Posted Image

SubhuroXXX

SubhuroXXX

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11
I think people are forgetting the fact that , these guys are boosters. They just mug mug and mug till they max their threat along the way de threat to green to pick on noobs if they get bored mugging and then Re threat their way to gold when they reach 195 R. Maybe its directly not a crime since ur loosing ur threat in exchange for gaining standing. But in a way its an accessory to deliberate dethreating , and thus it should be bannable (temporaryly) .

But yes , mugging is a part of the game and you do need a lot of effort and patience to level your way up through mugging , from that perspective its just a reward for your time spent on the game and thus isnt considered to be an issue.

Edited by skyglyder, 04 March 2012 - 10:25 AM.

SubhuroXXX-Criminal - Han - 184 R - VeteransUnited

SkyGlyder94 - Enforcer - Han - 105 R - Clanless :D

PreedSwe

PreedSwe

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11
I wonder what technique the chinese g1c sellers use to farm money..

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
I am going to keep bumping this until I get a reponse from a mod or dev that this has been looked at and is being considered.
Posted Image

PreedSwe

PreedSwe

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 31-December 11
I'll help you with the bumps by asking you a completely unrelated question.. How does one manage to rank up Cop to 15? I mean there is nothing more boring than using LTL.. I did a few tours of LTL in green districts, calculated the average arrest rate and figured out it would take me somewhere between 200 and 300 hours of playing to pull off 1500 arrests..
I will probably get a stroke from boredom looong before that though.. So I have decided to go down to the basement and paint some walls, then stay there and watch the paint dry instead... :P

Edited by PreedSwe, 06 March 2012 - 11:46 AM.

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

I'll help you with the bumps by asking you a completely unrelated question.. How does one manage to rank up Cop to 15? I mean there is nothing more boring than using LTL.. I did a few tours of LTL in green districts, calculated the average arrest rate and figured out it would take me somewhere between 200 and 300 hours of playing to pull off 1500 arrests..
I will probably get a stroke from boredom looong before that though.. So I have decided to go down to the basement and paint some walls, then stay there and watch the paint dry instead... :P

I did my Cop 15 grind back in July-November of 2011 before the changes to the district threat. I primarily did it solo. Solo is preffered (but groups are more fun!) because in a 1v1 situation a stun=an arrest. No teammates to come along and kill you in the middle of arresting someone. That is the primary reason to solo. I would also recommend investing in a set of Cuffmate MKIV's (I can sell you a pair if you play on Joker at cost if youd like).

With the changes to district threat, I would recommend doing LTL on a server one rank lower than your current threat. Grinding cop rank is not about winning missions it is only about maximizing arrests/mission, nothing else. Therefore, your threat will likely also take a hit.

Also, LTL is not ideal for every mission type, and depends on being sneaky. Therefore, red triangle "takeout" missions where enemies can see your position are not recommended for LTL. And cars are your enemy (I would switch between the ALIG and the CCG for these types of missions or where people are in cars - item holds and item delivery missions primarily are not good for LTL).

Thats all I can think of for now. There are two great threads on this board that highlight LTL tactics and loadouts and I encourage you to read those.
Posted Image

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
Bump, cmon devs or mods, what say you?
Posted Image

F e e l i n I r i e

F e e l i n I r i e

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11
ttt
Posted Image

AbortionBucket

AbortionBucket

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 01-June 11
Lawl'd. Also, did you know all the money you get from the muggings/ramming shop fronts, gets added to your end of mission total AND your pot that you have to deliver. Its amazing. Being a crim is the best choice.
Posted Image