• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

ACEmat

ACEmat

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-January 12
FE isn't detecting my Gefore GT 555M, only my Intel HD Family Set. Hence I'm running on all low, and still lagging like crap. I've set my default to my GeForce to the default processor. And the game still did not read I had it. I then set it to run specifically this program with the GeForce, and it failed AGAIN! I request help! :badcomputer:

Edited by ACEmat, 23 January 2012 - 12:38 PM.

RightWingNinja

RightWingNinja

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-October 11

FE isn't detecting my Gefore GT 555M, only my Intel HD Family Set. Hence I'm running on all low, and still lagging like crap. I've set my default to my GeForce to the default processor. And the game still did not read I had it. I then set it to run specifically this program with the GeForce, and it failed AGAIN! I request help! :badcomputer:

Hey there, had the same problem with my machine.. Intel HD/ GT325m laptop setup... essentially, there is a workaround for this which I've managed to get going. In the Nvidia Control panel, go to the programs list under 3D settings and add both the frontend launcher, and Feupdater from the fallen earth folder. TO be safe, I added all program. files I could find.

1) Open the nvidia control panel and add both the Config and Gameprogram under 3D settings.

2) Switch them both to [High Performance Nvidia Processor]

3) Apply

4) Select [Screen Resolution] from the desktop and click Detect, (Just right click the desktop and then click detect after selecting "screen resolution' in the window that pops up.)

5) Click the greyed out display/displays and look for your Nvidia card. Then ‘attempt to connect anyway‘

6) Apply then select ‘Extend displays‘

7) Open the Fallen Earth config and select your nvidia card and play (I still got the error message at this step so I selected the integrated card in the configuration tool, but it still ran on the nvidia card.)

It should say that "Your video settings have been changed since blah blah blah" After you open the config in the launcher. Good luck!

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU SET IT TO RUN IN WINDOWED MODE FROM FE CONFIG! :)

Edited by RightWingNinja, 30 January 2012 - 11:11 AM.

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
This method is not working for me. Do you know guys other methods? Or is there any patch to fix the problem? I really want to play this game. Thank you very much

Biesterd2

Biesterd2

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12
This method will not work for me either. Cannot even get through the tutorial. Will not recognize my graphics card at all. A fix needs to be found, we are not the only ones with this problem.

Asmodeoth

Asmodeoth

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
I have the same problem... cannot play with Intel HD Graphic... i have intel hd/nvidia GT325m and only can apply Intel on options

badgunz

badgunz

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-February 12
it worked for me with gtx 555 if you follow right wing ninjas steps to the letter it does work nice 1 ninja :notworthy:

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
for me , after step 6 , nothing special happens. It only disappears the taskbar and icons and see only the background with a big pointer

I have found a small sollution, but it is not that good. You need another desktop to connect to from your laptop. Then change display to " projector only " and you can play FE by selecting the dedicated GPU. I'll try to finder other options to play FE or we will wait until DEVS do something about this HUGE ISSUE!

Edited by Flavyx Wowo, 25 February 2012 - 01:14 PM.

Wesley_Frosted

Wesley_Frosted

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 03-January 12
To set the record, this has NOT been closed as a topic.... This method has failed for many of us.

Tamster

Tamster

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
Hi Guys,

This is actually a common issue with Nvidia Optimus or "Hybrid Graphics", I service various machines that use this is its various forms. (admittedly they are not used for gaming, but things like Autocad & 3d rendering applications) But we see this issue with almost every system that has this feature, chances are the ones that dont have problems dont know any better or are not using the GPU enough to notice.)

Typically there is a BIOS update that may resolve the issue, I know HP had a BIOS update that was pretty successful, Dells can be a bit more temperamental, other manufacturers im not sure, but its the same issue with every system.

The usual fix we apply is to simply disable it in the BIOS, this may have a small impact on the battery life of a notebook but it will fix it. It will be listed under "Nvidia Optimus" or "Hybrid Graphics" , this will force the system to use only the Nvidia GPU. (I would normally uninstall the video drivers first, then disable it in the BIOS & reinstall, you may need to update the BIOS to add the option to disable it)

Also some vendors may have a specific driver they are using to get around this issue, it may work but they tend to be pretty old drivers and may cause other issues as they will lack much needed driver improvements.

Once disabled you may find that even the games that have been detecting your Nvida GPU have never actually been using it!

It is a pest of an issue, hopefully they'll fix it properly at some point, its is a pretty "new" feature so they will still be ironing out the bugs.

Hope that helps,

Tam

Tellz

Tellz

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 21-February 12

Hi Guys,

This is actually a common issue with Nvidia Optimus or "Hybrid Graphics", I service various machines that use this is its various forms. (admittedly they are not used for gaming, but things like Autocad & 3d rendering applications) But we see this issue with almost every system that has this feature, chances are the ones that dont have problems dont know any better or are not using the GPU enough to notice.)

Typically there is a BIOS update that may resolve the issue, I know HP had a BIOS update that was pretty successful, Dells can be a bit more temperamental, other manufacturers im not sure, but its the same issue with every system.

The usual fix we apply is to simply disable it in the BIOS, this may have a small impact on the battery life of a notebook but it will fix it. It will be listed under "Nvidia Optimus" or "Hybrid Graphics" , this will force the system to use only the Nvidia GPU. (I would normally uninstall the video drivers first, then disable it in the BIOS & reinstall, you may need to update the BIOS to add the option to disable it)

Also some vendors may have a specific driver they are using to get around this issue, it may work but they tend to be pretty old drivers and may cause other issues as they will lack much needed driver improvements.

Once disabled you may find that even the games that have been detecting your Nvida GPU have never actually been using it!

It is a pest of an issue, hopefully they'll fix it properly at some point, its is a pretty "new" feature so they will still be ironing out the bugs.

Hope that helps,

Tam

Nvidia optimus is hybrid graphic card, a hybrid graphic cannot work alone and it needs intels graphic support to run because its only a gpu, so your fix is completely useless. Its also not possible to disable your graphic card in bios, please try it your self.
this is not a graphic card or a graphic driver issue, this is a problem within fallen earth.

Seikhardd

Seikhardd

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-March 12
Rightwingninja's method worked for me. Alienware m11x R2 GT 335m

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
It work for me too, but when I connect another display, not only entering there some settings.

Shoruk3n

Shoruk3n

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Hey all,

So I'm able to get this method to work, but when I launch the game, I think the game window is appearing on the wrong display. Anyone know how to make it appear in the correct display?

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
I think the only way you can play this game on laptops, is to wait for a fix for this issue , or to use another monitor, that is connected to your laptop. It will use the dedicated video card for the other display, so you can play FE ( first application that can't use the correct GPU when more graphic memory is needed ..... :)) )

Algifu

Algifu

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-March 12
Still waiting for a fix . same problem here - nvidia GT 540m but game recognizes the laggy Intel hd card -
seems we're not heard :/ sent an email but got no answer.
bad move , a lot of clients at bay

Tellz

Tellz

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 21-February 12

Still waiting for a fix . same problem here - nvidia GT 540m but game recognizes the laggy Intel hd card -
seems we're not heard :/ sent an email but got no answer.
bad move , a lot of clients at bay

Follow the the steps given on the first page and you 540m should show up in the in fallen earth launcher, I have the same graphic card as you running nvidia driver ver 295.73 and everything works perfectly.

Algifu

Algifu

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 13-March 12
couldn't make this method work... till now !!
thanks for the support all , its now working

Tellz

Tellz

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 21-February 12

couldn't make this method work... till now !!
thanks for the support all , its now working

make sure you watch in 720p fullscreen so you can see everything

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
Thanks Tellz for your video tutorial.
But that method isn't working for me. I get black screen.
Finally, after more tries, I have solved the problem in a different way. Probably it will help.

vijia

vijia

Exile|Decon|Hazmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11
So I got a new laptop and am running into this issue. Tried the above steps, and variations of them, but haven't had any luck so far. The Nvidia GPU activity monitor shows that FE is using it, but I'm getting 7-10 fps when logged in and graphics set to as low as possible (range at 80%). The closest I've been ale to manage tot he above is that FE will display 2 of the Intel graphics cards, rather than the Intel & the Nvidia.

Nvidia 555 chipset - v296.10 driver installed
Intel drivers v8.15.10.2455

What driver versions are you all running?
.v ...
[Decon - Engineer] [Hazmat Volunteer] [Apply]

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
I have 2.9.6 too. I really think the game is the problem. I suggest you to wait for a real patch, it they release one or play another game. I don't play it anymore, because it is kinda forcing my laptop with those b****** resolution fixes and I have to set it up every time I want to play. It is the first game ( and also first application ) that doesn't work properly with 2 GPU cards. The launcher needs a huge revision ( i think they worked only for in-game fixes/patches, not launcher and left it so from the beginning).

lakais02

lakais02

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 28-November 11
Any news on possible fixes? The options in this thread had no impact.

EDIT: adding a bit. The only thing that shows a SOMETHING is Rightwingninja's suggestion. But in that case, all I get in the config menu are two "Intel Intel® HD Graphics Family" both of which have identical effect on gameplay. I.e. single digit framerates.

Edited by lakais02, 25 March 2012 - 09:21 AM.

vijia

vijia

Exile|Decon|Hazmat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11

Any news on possible fixes? The options in this thread had no impact.

EDIT: adding a bit. The only thing that shows a SOMETHING is Rightwingninja's suggestion. But in that case, all I get in the config menu are two "Intel Intel® HD Graphics Family" both of which have identical effect on gameplay. I.e. single digit framerates.

That was all that I got out of it too, but then I finally had a breakthrough on my issue. Turns out my new laptop came without thermal paste applied to the GPU. I used HWMonitor while in game and saw it was spiking up to 99C+, way too hot. Tore my laptop apart, saw there was no thermal paste on the GPU, bought and applied it, and it fixed my problem. GPU now runs around mid-50s Celsius and my FPS comes in around 30ish on Medium detail settings. It's still not using the Optimus chipset properly, but at least I'm out of the 4-5 FPS range that I was stuck in before.
.v ...
[Decon - Engineer] [Hazmat Volunteer] [Apply]

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
As I said. It doesn't worth the effort, and risk your laptop with this kind of solutions. We wait for a fix.

kyuubix5

kyuubix5

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-May 12
I tried the steps but my AMD graphics card won't show up. Anything?

Napalm

Napalm

Ascended

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 2522 posts
  • Joined 12-February 09
Hey guys,
Just so you know, we have been working with Nvidia on this issue, and it does seem to be resolved with their latest beta drivers (currently 301.24). You can download those here: http://www.geforce.c...ers/beta-legacy

We are still working with them on the Configurator only detecting the integrated card on Optimus machines, but this should grant massive performance increases, and should work without forcing the Nvidia chipset to run globally!

Let us know your results!

robinwoood62

robinwoood62

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 14-November 11
1. theres no driver support from nvidia for geforce 600m series (notebook) drivers for windows7, only for 500m and lower
2. my acer notebook grafic can only be updated with acer drivers with the acer updater, a windows driver update is not possible, acer changed much in the grafic hardware layout (optimus). the newest nvidia driver from acer are 8.17.12.8590 from 27.11.2011
3. even the game finds only the intel hd grafics, the geforce is used and the notebookfans heats like hell, but the fps in towns is lower then it should be. my old desktop with an old gt 220 (around half the speed of a 630m) has double framerate in embry. outside town both computer has usually 30-50+ fps
4. in a bios for optimus notebooks you can only deactive the nvidia card, not the intel card, because intel hd is the main grafic card and the display is connected to it. maybe you can connect a second monitor to the nvidia card

sasrob

sasrob

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
this can just be a window issue but this game have got bugs. But I have had no issue with my Dell with i5 3000 gpu and GT 525M.

window 7

1. control panel

2. hardware and sound

3. NVIDIA control panel ( if it missing then download the latest drivers for the chip you have )

4. Manage 3D setting tab on the left.

5. Global settings tab, Preferred graphics processor
( click on the drop down tab select "High performance..." make sure you apply setting bottom right )

if you still have problems look on the make of your pc web site for support.
If you have got other games running High Performance chip then it could be this game.
but its a pain setting up. I just leave it on High performance chip.

sasrob

sasrob

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

1. theres no driver support from nvidia for geforce 600m series (notebook) drivers for windows7, only for 500m and lower
2. my acer notebook grafic can only be updated with acer drivers with the acer updater, a windows driver update is not possible, acer changed much in the grafic hardware layout (optimus). the newest nvidia driver from acer are 8.17.12.8590 from 27.11.2011
3. even the game finds only the intel hd grafics, the geforce is used and the notebookfans heats like hell, but the fps in towns is lower then it should be. my old desktop with an old gt 220 (around half the speed of a 630m) has double framerate in embry. outside town both computer has usually 30-50+ fps
4. in a bios for optimus notebooks you can only deactive the nvidia card, not the intel card, because intel hd is the main grafic card and the display is connected to it. maybe you can connect a second monitor to the nvidia card

http://www.geforce.c...s/results/44362

try here its on the GT600M web site

Flavyx Wowo

Flavyx Wowo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-February 12
Problem solved.
I don't know for sure which of these 3 were the sollutions:
1. Game update
2. Nvidia driver update
3. Or just me, running the setup of the game with high-performance nvidia procesor ( sollution which I have observed the past days to other games ) and after that running the game with nvidia

Dr.Carl

Dr.Carl

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 17-July 12
Hey thanks, It worked well with me, I have a Nivdia GT 540M. :D

Thucydides

Thucydides

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

Hey guys,
Just so you know, we have been working with Nvidia on this issue, and it does seem to be resolved with their latest beta drivers (currently 301.24). You can download those here: http://www.geforce.c...ers/beta-legacy

We are still working with them on the Configurator only detecting the integrated card on Optimus machines, but this should grant massive performance increases, and should work without forcing the Nvidia chipset to run globally!

Let us know your results!

with these drivers, i am finally able to do the 'extend display' trick and get the dGPU to work instead of the iGPU...however this creates a NEW problem. now when i choose the dGPU in the configurator, i only have 4 options for resolution and they are all terrible (4x3 and 5x4) so i can choose to either run the game at ~10 FPS on my mommyty HD4000 at a full 1920x1080 .... or i can get 90 FPS with my GTX 670m but only in a tiny 1280x1024 window

this does not make me happy.

any updates on trying to work these problems out?
“A nation that makes a great distinction between it's scholars and it's warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools.” ― Thucydides
Posted Image
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" ― Plato

ElDiablos

ElDiablos

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
I'm having this issue wth my new laptop. I'm running an i7 ivy bridge cpu and a GTX 675M. The game is only using the i7 intergrated graphics. wich is causing unplayable fps, even on lowest settings.

Since my GTX 675m can run BF3 on ultra settings with no problem, it obvious the nvidia optimus crap is not recodnising FE as a 3D game.

Please patch this crap!!!!!!

Edited by ElDiablos, 12 September 2012 - 04:02 AM.

Mijil

Mijil

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-September 12
i7 2670qm, gt555m 2gb ddr3, 8gb ddr ram

Same Problem here, very low fps, no matter the graphical settings (same fps at 800x600, loweset detail as at max settings), combined with very low gpu, cpu and memory load.

I tried everything, from trying several nvidia drivers, including the recommended, up to a complete new windows installation today. I made sure everything is set to use the nvidia card at high performance, but still i dont get more then 15fps in towns max.

Oddest thing is, if i look to the ground i get 60+fps with a much higher gpu load.

Other games run fin (gw2, tsw, swtor, skyrim, saints row 3) and make proper use of the gfx.

I cant select the card in FE config, but it gets uses obviuosly (see screenshot).

Idk anymore, i went premium right away, so im double sad, it isnt realy playable.

Posted Image

Edited by Mijil, 12 September 2012 - 09:47 AM.

ElDiablos

ElDiablos

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-October 11
Any updates on getting this problem fixed? I still can't play the game.

Edited by ElDiablos, 02 October 2012 - 01:16 AM.

Joshie Poshie

Joshie Poshie

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 11-November 12
I'm using an Nvidia Quadro 2000M, on an almost brand spanking new M4600 Dell Laptop and the latest, most up to date drivers, but I also can not select my Nvidia Graphics card in the configurator...........................................................

EDIT:

I disabled Optimus in the BIOS and now my system doesn't even have the stupid INTEL BS. It's just my NVIDIA!!!

Problem Resolved!

Edited by Joshie Poshie, 12 November 2012 - 10:30 AM.

MolleaFauss

MolleaFauss

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-May 11

I tried the steps but my AMD graphics card won't show up. Anything?

Yup, no good either here.
This is a screenshot of what I see when I enter into the tutorial.

I have a laptop, ran Skyrim in high detail at 1366x768 at about 50fps so FE should run well.
Specs are:
* i7@2,7GHz
* 6GB Ram @ 1333MHz
* AMD Radeon 6630M 1GB VRAM

BigMistake

BigMistake

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
The solution from Ninja worked for me, but when I use my laptop together with another monitor, I get in trouble. When I look at the "Video Card" section in FE Config, it shows my video card three times. I at first didn't change anything but noticed that FE lagged again after I plugged in my second monitor. Anybody know which one I need to choose?

zydu

zydu

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 16-September 12
The solution with 'extending the desktop' worked on my laptop with GeForce Gt 540M but there is another problem...

I am getting complete freezes (game stops responding, graphic freezes) which last for up to 5 seconds and make it impossible to play. Sometimes it happens several times a minute, sometimes rarely. It is not a temperature problem as I have tried to stress my GPU with different programs/games and never had any throttling problems (and this may look like one).

Also opened the laptop to clean it and had a fan running right next to it.. Tried running StopThrottle5but in vain. It only happens with FE. I have been playing for 3 months now and have had this problem since the very beginning. Reported this months ago via support but never got any answer.

fractalsea

fractalsea

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-May 13
I have an AMD Radeon HD 7970M. It also features switchable graphics and I'm having the same issue as people in this thread.

I tried the fixes, but I can't find the 7970M in the dropdown when I am on the screen resolution screen.

This is really unfortunate because Fallen Earth is the perfect MMO for me, but this issue is really a deal-breaker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users