Photo

The Ultimate Guide to Fallen Earth.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
150 replies to this topic

un4seen

un4seen

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 29-October 11
Great guide, you have my deepest thanks for it.

I have two questions:
1. If I team up with someone, can I harvest animals they kill?
2. Any good spots for grinding above lvl 45?

thanks

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

After all of the debate I've seen throughout the forums, I'm totally lost on what to do for my build. I know for a fact I want to be a Rifleman/Crafter, but I'm not sure if I should invest points into any of the mutations lines, power, strength, dodge, etc. This is what I have so far for my build. What I want do in Fallen Earth is to focus on PvE all the way up to level 55 along with PvP in the higher levels. Although I'll probably never do anything in Blood Sports considering how there's rarely anyone who competes in it. If someone does post a new build, could you please explain why it is set up the way it is or why the build I've planned on should be changed up? Thanks.

Send me a pm with the following info and I'll help you out:
1) Whats the main purpose of the build? Pve, pvp, crafting? A mix of any of them?
2) What's mandatory in the build? Aka does it have to be full crafting, rifle etc.
3) What sort of role do you want to play?

I'll explain everything and go over it with you so you understand what the build is and give you multiple options and all that. At the end of it you will understand more or less why the build is that build and possibly in the future be able to make a build thats strong on your own.

@Un4seen

1) They have to be looted before they can be harvested but i think yuo can either way as long as its looted.
2) Prob s3/deadfall/alpha.
Tiggs mad.

RowdyRonny

RowdyRonny

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

Great guide, you have my deepest thanks for it.

I have two questions:
1. If I team up with someone, can I harvest animals they kill?
2. Any good spots for grinding above lvl 45?

thanks

1) Yes, if the teamleader sets the loot to "Free" (by rightclicking the team window)

2) Citadel, a PVE town you can defend, craft and generally do anything. Or you can kill some of the chota scum near rothium ridge. Be aware of Vise, their Boss! Because he's no ordinary CHOTA, He's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered CHOTA you ever set eyes on! He's got a vicious streak a mile wide! He's a killer!

Edited by RowdyRonny, 23 January 2012 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

Ardenn

Ardenn

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Joined 05-October 11
Suggestions For your Guide;

I'd like to see something mentioned about Progress (lvl25)/Stronghold (lvl35)/Citadel (lvl45). I notice your S3 map is pretty old, Stronghold doesn't show on the map at all. All the people I've had at the locations just kind of stumble in to them and go "oh my! is this?!" And as much as I enjoy keeping them maintained, I'm getting tired of typing the general information every goddamn day :P

I'll gladly write up a blurb for you to look over and modify as needed for Progress and Stronghold (I don't do citadel, plenty enough people supporting that already :P), if you'd like to include the information.

Grind spots I know of and have sent people to over and over and over again;

20-30 (Better for pistols/dual wield than rifles)
Coords; 6006127, 6116869
Nearby Town; Docours Court
Mobs; Mutant Hydra Weed (No real armor, doesn't move much, high spawn rate)
Drops; Nothing worth mentioning (harvests into mild toxins)
Requirements; None. I've taken lvl 5's here to exp when bored.
Note; When you hit 30, your on the edge of Quarantine so you can run in easily and do all the quest chains there. No real vendors to speak of though. The lvl 30 Biohazard weapons come from this area.

30-40
Coords; 5832552, 5093939 (Alternate camp, same mobs; 5644144, 5288819)
Nearby Town; Wasted Woods (Alt camp is by Office Park, be careful)
Mobs; CoGs (Moderately high respawn, very low armor rates)
Drops; bandages, metals, sometimes gears, cloth
Requirements; Uh... Dont run head long into 15 mobs an expect to live?

40-55
Coords; ??? (White Crow mark on the map south of LA)
Nearby Town; Los Alamos
Mobs; White Crow type dudes (outside the encampment wall)
Drops; standard humanoid drop table, Deadfall tier items
Requirements; Probably some first aid or a buddy with some heals, mobs are pretty spread out.
Notes; Its possible to level inside the wall with rifles as low as lvl 37, but it seems like a waste of time and ammo to go there below 45, personally.

Optional grind; Node-farm in Terminal Woods ASAP (I went there at 48), theres a few static node spawn points that will net you about 100 exp until you hit lvl 52 when it will start to taper off. I was getting 87 exp at lvl 54 per node. I gained 4.5 levels in one night by accident by farming one spot for a buddy so he could make dyes with what I was getting.

Waiting for the new Faction/PVP updates before I go posting any info about node locations, don't know if the areas I visit will be safe for PvErs any more until after the next major patch.
Posted Image

Soda

Soda

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

1) Yes, if the teamleader sets the loot to "Free" (by rightclicking the team window)

2) Citadel, a PVE town you can defend, craft and generally do anything. Or you can kill some of the chota scum near rothium ridge. Be aware of Vise, their Boss! Because he's no ordinary CHOTA, He's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered CHOTA you ever set eyes on! He's got a vicious streak a mile wide! He's a killer!

Pretty sure that'd still be Nufan, mate :3

Edited by RonGlass, 15 February 2012 - 01:46 AM.

llamatron66

llamatron66

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Questions I've heard come up almost every minute in help chat...

How do I get a horse? - Do the first few quests in/around the lifenet where you start.
Where is my horse? - It's the green blob on your map.
How do I tow my horse? - You can tow your horse at the gas stations
How do I feed my horse? - You can buy horsefeed from the fuel and feed merchant at the gas station
Where is the stable/gas station/garage closest to me?

Sector 1 Gas Stations
All the waypoints are listed on the link above, as is the image below.
Press alt+P to view/edit/create waypoints, the yellow X is the waypoint you have selected.

Posted Image

Edited by llamatron66, 25 February 2012 - 06:01 AM.

JaXm

JaXm

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Great guide, read up on it while the game was downloading. Cannot comment more about the actual content and what not but I would make a suggestion for it.

Make the first post into a sort of Index for the rest of it with quick links to get to each section faster.

I wanted to go back to the Build templates, scrolled past it 3 times before I found it again lol

Thanks

Scol

Scol

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-February 12
Just wanted to say thanks for teaching me just about everything I wanted to know about Fallen Earth! :D

Awesome guide overall.

SoapMacTavish

SoapMacTavish

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-March 12
AWSOME!!!!

I just discovered this game being Free2Play, and I love Fallout so this gives me something more awsome, :D

Best regards from Norway.
Trond-Sigvart SoapMacTavish Dybvad

Ozbaab

Ozbaab

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12
What a fantastic guide to a new player like me! Thanks alot! :frantic:

Solanox

Solanox

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12
Alright, so what is this alleged "Panic Button" skill to which you keep referring in your template summaries?

Also, I submit for your consideration, the Sonic Social Rifle Crafter: http://fallenearthpl...101010196010101
Any constructive input would be welcome. :)

Edited by Solanox, 09 March 2012 - 05:13 AM.

Stephan-Ill-I

Stephan-Ill-I

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Hi guys im pretty new too FE, but so far i just love it. :elephantdance:

My question is, is this Hybrid Crafter (pistols + Rifles+crafter ) build still "good" ?

Im lvl 17, and get close to the point where respec gets way too expansive, so a little tipp if this build is a good choice for later open pvp/pve (end game) would be nice :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

greez.

McSlaughter

McSlaughter

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Fantastic thread, DRLP! I've known of DRLP since my days in Dead Frontier and your contributions are always appreciated. Thanks a load.

Oxbear

Oxbear

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 14-March 12
Good Job I wish I found this before im going to go back and do those AP missions maybe later itd be cool if you had ap missions for the other sectors. Thanks

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
Hey all.
I've been contacted a lot lately about this guide on other sites/facebook etc...
Note that I quit FE months ago due to game being unplayable for me (exaggerated in-game lag, players warping etc... even though this PC runs Skyrim on max settings + graph enhancing mods!!!).
DRLP should have quit altogether or at least most of them, as they reported a good portion of the community was insultive/immature/non-adult/frustrated etc and eventually they lost interest.
The guide might not be up to date and will not be updated by me or DRLP, but you are free to use my work for whatever you want.
I'm no copyright-crazy 12yo at all, might even make you some graphics if I have time.

Good game everyone!
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Tratz

Tratz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 07-April 12

Scraw (3995395, 3217545): "Scraw's Regular Rounds" -> Shaman Blue-Eye: "Scraw's Regular Rounds" 2 AP
Warchief Jannix Boneclaw (3991983, 3235658): "Jannix's Raider Bounty" -> "War Away From Home" 2 AP
- > Scrum: "Descent" -> Claw of Redhand: "Over a Dead Body" 1 AP

Neither of these NPCS exist at the coords provided. Moreover, I cannot find an accurate reference on any of the wikis. I dug all over boneclaw to find them with no luck. Have they been removed?
Characters:
Clint Walker - Rootin' Tootin' Gatherin', Rancher, Gunslingin' Son-of-a-gun.
Mundoo - Primal Mutant and Aboriginal Warrior

Bavorat

Bavorat

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11
Thank you for an awesome guide, I've copy and pasted the link to my Fallen Earth PvE Central Facebook page for the masses! ;) :elephantdance:

Edited by Bavorat, 22 April 2012 - 11:54 AM.

I'm Like The Six-Pack, Not Like The Wolf-Pack...
Characters: Bavorat, Bavoratu, Bavolina and now ERSAH the mutant.

My Fallen Earth PVE Videos, watch and enjoy.
Check Out MyYouTube Videos
:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bavoratu

:Old FE Forum Stats:
Ancient Artifact

Ok Clones, Where'd Your Love For the Wastes Come from? Please Contribute!
HERE

FE Break, Currently Playing: Dead Island.

ArkbirdUCAV

ArkbirdUCAV

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12
Thanks a lot for this awesome guide, very useful!

ArkbirdUCAV

ArkbirdUCAV

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 25-April 12
Thanks a lot for this awesome guide, very useful!

Kelarlee

Kelarlee

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
Image with tier 1 components nodes is too small, when i trying to zoom it, all letters and nubmers makes unreadable... :( Can u please load this image in higher resolution ? Thank you.

jmshanker

jmshanker

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12

Image with tier 1 components nodes is too small, when i trying to zoom it, all letters and nubmers makes unreadable... :( Can u please load this image in higher resolution ? Thank you.

I cant seem to read it either, when i download it it is still too small to zoom in PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ fix

Dante287

Dante287

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-May 12
Hey there, i haven't long started playing and just wanted to say that how helpfull this guide is was a deciding factor in trying in and now loving it, thank you for taking the time to do this :)

FatalJapan

FatalJapan

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12
I'm just starting to play this game, working on the download now. I've read this guide all the way and it's helped me greatly in understanding a bit of the game. Maybe now when I play, I won't be such a noob.

ch1m

ch1m

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11
Great guide! I'm just starting to make char and this guide helps alot! At least now I know how to start and what to do first :) Thanks!

Yodel

Yodel

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-May 12
Thx a lot for this outstanding guide from a total noob. :)

SanitysDemise

SanitysDemise

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 02-June 12
Considering rifles have -Melee defense some even being -60, will this hurt the overall "tankyness" of the Assault build?

DigitalLeak

DigitalLeak

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 04-June 12
I can't read the Tier 1 Materials chart... I even tried right clicking and choosing "view image", but it was the same size. Can you please fix it? Pretty pretty please :flower:

Danse

Danse

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 09-February 10
are the builds still viable? I am thinking of the assault or the hybrid build and just wanted to check to see if they are still workable.

great guide by the way, nearly all my questions answered and what wasn't answered in this guide were quickly answered by the rest of the community with a couple quick questions in general forums.

plasmid

plasmid

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

Reserved

What is the armor in the pic you have

Trucidator

Trucidator

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12
Can't thank you enough for this great guide... It's a bit scary looking at so many stats blindly ;)

Eroktika

Eroktika

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 29-June 12
while downloading,i stopped here and studied whole guide,bookmarked for later ap missions,tnx alot!

EDIT: i was reading other guides and some dude told on level cap,endgame snipers(or mabye even other guns)
give you stats in rifles.is it true or no?
if yes,i dont need to max rifles to the end like you,right?
i will be following assult build

Edited by Eroktika, 19 August 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Posted Image

TheFunk

TheFunk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

while downloading,i stopped here and studied whole guide,bookmarked for later ap missions,tnx alot!

EDIT: i was reading other guides and some dude told on level cap,endgame snipers(or mabye even other guns)
give you stats in rifles.is it true or no?
if yes,i dont need to max rifles to the end like you,right?
i will be following assult build

True. Additionally while this guide has tons of useful info in it I wouldn't recommend any of those builds.

Holy_Diver

Holy_Diver

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12

Wandering for hours due to lack of info doesn't add any difficulty or interest in any way, it's just a major waste of time and a big annoyance.

Absolutely agreed. Had some kind of similar experience when I started playing Anarchy Online.
I am so happy I can avoide this now, with this great guide.
Keep up the good work !

Holy_Diver

Holy_Diver

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 06-September 12

I also need someone to review Melee weapons, as all my clanmates are gun users so we can't make a guide to melee.

Woah, I was already wondering where those went, sad thing, this was December and still no melee-user volunteer to sum up te pros and cons of the close combat weapons ?
Since I will heavily focus on melee, I might send you some thoughts about them later, if nobody else is quicker.
Only few spots left in this guide, so we should make it complete, right ? ;)

Also sad to read that most of the mutations and so on are quite underpowered right now - I will use them anyway, but I believe they should be in balance to other stuff, making them obsolete would be a bad design decision, they are like the salt in this soup . . . and quite cool.
Making cool stuff in a game rationally a bad decision to use APs for is like making ice cream with the taste of dog sh... you get what I mean.

Devs shouldn´t force people to either go for the win or go for the game mechanics they like, that´s what balacing is for.
Dude, I am totally for nerfing things that are OP, but making it the exact opposite is not really bringing "balance".

TheFunk

TheFunk

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Woah, I was already wondering where those went, sad thing, this was December and still no melee-user volunteer to sum up te pros and cons of the close combat weapons ?
Since I will heavily focus on melee, I might send you some thoughts about them later, if nobody else is quicker.
Only few spots left in this guide, so we should make it complete, right ? ;)

Also sad to read that most of the mutations and so on are quite underpowered right now - I will use them anyway, but I believe they should be in balance to other stuff, making them obsolete would be a bad design decision, they are like the salt in this soup . . . and quite cool.
Making cool stuff in a game rationally a bad decision to use APs for is like making ice cream with the taste of dog sh... you get what I mean.

Devs shouldn´t force people to either go for the win or go for the game mechanics they like, that´s what balacing is for.
Dude, I am totally for nerfing things that are OP, but making it the exact opposite is not really bringing "balance".

http://forums.gamers...13#entry2840613

This is better than any melee guide you would have seen in this thread. Also when he comes up with rifle and pistol versions they will most likely be better as well.

MarilynManson69

MarilynManson69

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12
What is the Cash-Making spot? =b

DFzestychille

DFzestychille

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-October 12
Always glad to find a DRLP guide when I start playing a game.
As far as I can tell, the links on your build templates are down. Let me know if it's just me.

Edit:
Oct. 18, 2012
I'm assuming you guys don't check this thread very often.

Edited by DFzestychille, 18 October 2012 - 02:37 AM.

dronkencobra

dronkencobra

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-April 12
anyone who knows a good crafter assault build. the link provided in the guide doesn't work.

Prozac

Prozac

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 22-September 12
Build templates are down who have them plz readd here.

THUG420

THUG420

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 23-October 12
Ok I normaly dont post, that being said. This post is the best newcomers guide that I have ever read in its entirety BRAVO! I am downloading the game now and you haved saved me countless hours and possibly many charaters due to stumbling on to things, as I normaly do when i start to play new games.

unfortunately the build templates are down :( but I have enough information to at least start and a genral understanding of game machanics so thank you!
Coffee and a bong hit brb in 5 mins