152 replies to this topic

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Thank you for your hard work writing this guide. I'm still confused now cause i just started playing and barely escaped the dam :P
I want to follow the Assault/Crafter build, but i'm not sure where to put my first 30 AP into. I know the template but uhhh... This is the most complex MMO i played yet. What should i focus on leveling first? I'd say, by instinct, everything related to my weapon damage and armor. On the other hand i'm starting in a crafting city and the guide says to level slow and lear many skills first. I feel like a complete noob here :S Any suggestions, pretty please? :>

Generally, weapon skill and armor use are the most important.
Without weapon skill you deal 1 dmg, without armor use your resistances are low and you'll take plenty of dmg.

Once those are maxed, the stat order is pretty much personal preference, but after you maxed Rifle/AU I would personally cap stats first and skills then.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
Updated the build templates.
Now they all have high COORD, in order to have a larger pool of Stamina and Stamina regen.

Edited by Red Falcon, 02 December 2011 - 12:52 PM.

Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

freakay

freakay

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 27-November 11
Thank you Red Falcon. That sounds pretty reasonable. I'll try it that way :)

Daggmask

Daggmask

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 27-November 11
Is it just me, Or is the link to the Assault Crafter's build not working? It's not showing up for me.

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Is it just me, Or is the link to the Assault Crafter's build not working? It's not showing up for me.

Yeah I just fixed it, ty.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Domjan

Domjan

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 10-March 10
I'm bookmarking this, helped me out a bunch, thanks kind sir :)
Posted Image

Daggmask

Daggmask

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 27-November 11

Yeah I just fixed it, ty.

Cool cool. Thanks a bunch. Guides are really helpful.

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
I've been slacking a bit lately on the guide, but I hope you understand I'm leading 80 active people now and they kind of drain like, all my time lol.
Plus I need inspiration for the graphics.

Updates will come soon, I plan on posting the lvling guide these days and then it'll be on tier 2 item list.

I also need someone to review Melee weapons, as all my clanmates are gun users so we can't make a guide to melee.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

IssacBurg

IssacBurg

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Joined 19-October 11
A link to this thread needs to be in the Help channel MOTD IMO.

Radash......

Posted Image
Posted Image

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
Thanks Issac, much appreciated.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

blzbub

blzbub

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 02-December 11
i found your post before i did my first character build...(info is king)
and it has been very informative, and extremely helpful

i am in the process of duplicating your hybrid crafting build

during the initial learning curve- (movement, UI, etc.)- things were always pretty dicey...

now...well...i am think its pretty damn good- (though have no references on others to speak from)

i managed to get to Needle Eye on that ATV quest solo at level 7...though could not complete
despite that...i am 'happy as a pig in $#!^ with it

i just need to get a handle on the medic stuff... cause mine seem to be broken...or i'm just not doing it right

thanks much from a noob

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
Updated the leveling guide, but still need good grind spots for 45-50 and 50-55.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

izzydemon

izzydemon

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-November 11

Edited by izzydemon, 06 December 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Kitsae

Kitsae

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11
I applaud your work, but Im sure youve already gotten the idea how much it is appreciated. One thing Id love to see as a returning players is a bit more delving into the practicability/usefulness of some skills. This would probably help a bit cut down on people (not just in this thread) asking for build help.

Things like...at one time in FE history AU was all that and a bag of chips, another time being a dodge monkey was king, yet another time if didnt have both you might as well applied for clone station frequent user miles. How does it stand today? Is one ignorable if just PVEing? You get the idea Im sure :)

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

what kind of things have you done for them? nothing it was all me and dan doing the work.

Also were is mine and dans credits? as we did most of the scounting for everything.....

and also you didnt get my permission to post this

All you did for this guide was finding like 5 locations in the mat list, everything else on the guide is off research done by me and other DRLP members.

Seriously Izzy, you're such a big control freak, should really get yourself checked.
You join DRLP and demand that everyone must ask your permission for everything... sorry to burst your bubble, but the clan was created in May 2008 and it's the long-term members to decide, not some grenade-players who don't give a mommy about the clan and ragequit after 3 weeks.
You went a whole two nights slinging serious crap at G1 because as a free member you don't get support for... towing your horse?
The whole clan was so tired of your horsing that they offered to send you 1 red to shut your mouth up.
I just feel bad for your husband who has to swim through the mommy you make up; honestly, my girlfriend would never create problems within my friends or try to drag me away from them.

Now if you haven't noticed, this is an helping forum, if you're looking for flames I'll report you to the moderators.

@Kitsae
I agree with that.
Sadly, most skills and mutations seem pretty useless right now.
Dodge and EA are nerfed into oblivion, same goes for pretty much all non-healing mutations.
The only really good skills left are AU, GT, Power (recently buffed, I get up to 30% dmg increase), Precision, Weapon skills, FA.

Edited by Red Falcon, 06 December 2011 - 08:32 AM.

Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Kitsae

Kitsae

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11
Thanx Red, just that little bit helped tremendously on rebuilding my chars.

PS.. wouldnt really put much into the Izzy crap, couple pages thanking you and no response to the drama bait says it all.

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Thanx Red, just that little bit helped tremendously on rebuilding my chars.

PS.. wouldnt really put much into the Izzy crap, couple pages thanking you and no response to the drama bait says it all.

I'm glad that helped, I spent like 100 bucks on respecs just to test out stuff.
Kinda disappointing to see most skills so useless or even replaced completely by consumables, to be honest.
I.e. why take thermal control when acids and nades do the same from 100m range?
If I had to guess I'd say the skills/mutations used to be OP, people cried and devs nerfed.

Still, I find the current possible setups to be much deeper than most games around.

Edited by Red Falcon, 06 December 2011 - 10:40 AM.

Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

izzydemon

izzydemon

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 09-November 11
good luck with DRLP

Edited by izzydemon, 06 December 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
Major update.

Added a "Missions" section with missions by level and AP missions.
AP missions part is not complete, only S1 AP missions; gotta drive to my gf soon so I can't finish, will do later.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Molekh

Molekh

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11
so I'm level 3 and had been taking dodge instead of armor, should I just reroll?

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

so I'm level 3 and had been taking dodge instead of armor, should I just reroll?

Once you get to Embry Crossroads you can buy AP respec things from the Mutagenic Merchant.
They are cheap until lvl 10 and allow you to respec 5 points each.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Molekh

Molekh

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11

Once you get to Embry Crossroads you can buy AP respec things from the Mutagenic Merchant.
They are cheap until lvl 10 and allow you to respec 5 points each.

thanks

jeddakus

jeddakus

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 16-November 11
This guide is needed if only for the helpless types that roam the game waves trembling at the thought of a wasted step frozen stiff in place till they find a 'paint by the numbers'...(stay in the lines!) approach.

Still, there is something to be said about treating the game as a grand adventure where mistakes become entire chapters of enlightenment and satisfaction as you take on the game mano e world. If you aren't one for the grinding and the very linear approach don't be afraid to attempt the game without leveling guides or wiki-ventures and if faced with an impossible problem you can then ask real questions of substance and not, "I can't find my backside...has anyone seen it?" or "where is the wiki walk-through for the first 10 levels!?".

Virpy

Virpy

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 29-October 11
Hi,

I'd like to give some feedback and report some issues and errors this guide have.

Dodge: the 3rd sentence "Determines the..." is plain wrong...maybe a copy & paste error.
Power: Lacks the info that its countered by Dodge too like Precision.
Rifle: Granade launchers are Heavy Weapons(which is missing completely)
Social: With your tip to create a social Alt you suppress the Info that the char needs to be higher level than the merchant to gain any social effect.
Enhancement: Reinforce/Regenerate and Dissolve are gone after the combat revamp months ago.

Builds section:
I think you should give some general advices about stats and skills and pro/cons rather than hand out "finished" builds, which lacks losts of finetuning. So players can pick skills/stats themself and assemble a build to matching their style of play. But thats only me.

Edited by Virpy, 14 December 2011 - 05:26 AM.

GeneralEd

GeneralEd

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-December 11

Social: With your tip to create a social Alt you suppress the Info that the char needs to be higher level than the merchant to gain any social effect.

This is good info, thanks for sharing. Can't say I'm happy to hear it, but thanks

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Hi,

I'd like to give some feedback and report some issues and errors this guide have.

Dodge: the 3rd sentence "Determines the..." is plain wrong...maybe a copy & paste error.
Power: Lacks the info that its countered by Dodge too like Precision.
Rifle: Granade launchers are Heavy Weapons(which is missing completely)
Enhancement: Reinforce/Regenerate and Dissolve are gone after the combat revamp months ago.

Builds section:
I think you should give some general advices about stats and skills and pro/cons rather than hand out "finished" builds, which lacks losts of finetuning. So players can pick skills/stats themself and assemble a build to matching their style of play. But thats only me.

1) Dodge: "determines the basic values for melee and ranged defense" is correct.
And I don't copy and paste anything in this guide, save for mutations.

2) Power: Not really necessary as the Dodge description already says it counters Power.

3) Social: Yeah, will add.

4) Mutations are outdated because I can't be bothered to test them all.
It would cost me another 100 bucks of resets. I might just add them from the vendor info.

5) In regards to build, I already stated I don't like to just give general infos.
The builds on this guide are straight from the best players in the game.
Of course players can then tune them to their likings, but A LOT of players don't like/care to make a build or even about stats, just like other players don't like to craft, etc, so this will be very useful to them, on top of giving the best builds to all players.

@jeddakus
99% of the people around don't like to be kept completely in the dark about game mechanics and discover everything themselves, especially when fixing stuff costs real money.
Reading guides is done for getting the best out of the game and becoming acknowledged, and avoid to waste money/time fixing mistakes, if you want to go by trial and error it's fine by me, as long as you don't come here to bash the readers and epeening about wasting time to discover stuff that's already been discovered.
It's like trying to craft a flu pill when you're ill instead of just buying it from the pharmacy, not really smart of ya.

Edited by Red Falcon, 17 December 2011 - 05:13 PM.

Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

feederzy

feederzy

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11
Wrong coordination in Weak Botanic Chemical ??

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Wrong coordination in Weak Botanic Chemical ??

Yes I put one less number. Sorry about that.
I'm going to buy my gf a gift and load my debit card to buy yet another respec, then will fix the coord.

Please let me know if there is any other mistake.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Virpy

Virpy

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 29-October 11

1) Dodge: "determines the basic values for melee and ranged defense" is correct.
And I don't copy and paste anything in this guide, save for mutations.

2) Power: Not really necessary as the Dodge description already says it counters Power.

3) Social: Yeah, will add.

4) Mutations are outdated because I can't be bothered to test them all.
It would cost me another 100 bucks of resets. I might just add them from the vendor info.

5) In regards to build, I already stated I don't like to just give general infos.
Of course players can then tune them to their likings, but A LOT of players don't like/care to make a build or even about stats, just like other players don't like to craft, etc, so this will be very useful to them, on top of giving the best builds to all players.

1) Maybe you missed the crucial information of my post: "3rd sentence" so I'll type it in full length: "Determines the effectiveness, critical chance weapon selection and special attacks while using melee" ...which is WRONG!

2) It was a clearification issue because Precision has this additional information and Power dont...this lets people assume that only Precision is countered by dodge if they dont remember the previous dodge info or only read info for prec and pwr.

4) You dont have to test them all...just visit the friendly "halls" NPCs and they'll list you all currently available mutation skills :)

5) this is maybe a personal preference or experience and I wanted to say that in a more diplomatic way with my previous post but now that you claim that this build are one of the best. Sorry to say that but they are at least usable for PvE but at best average for PvP.

Edited by Virpy, 19 December 2011 - 07:30 AM.

Aertis

Aertis

Clan Leader of Playboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

1) Maybe you missed the crucial information of my post: "3rd sentence" so I'll type it in full length: "Determines the effectiveness, critical chance weapon selection and special attacks while using melee" ...which is WRONG!

2) It was a clearification issue because Precision has this additional information and Power dont...this lets people assume that only Precision is countered by dodge if they dont remember the previous dodge info or only read info for prec and pwr.

4) You dont have to test them all...just visit the friendly "halls" NPCs and they'll list you all currently available mutation skills :)

5) this is maybe a personal preference or experience and I wanted to say that in a more diplomatic way with my previous post but now that you claim that this build are one of the best. Sorry to say that but they are at least usable for PvE but at best average for PvP.

Very nice guide Red but i would not use any of those builds...
"I like that you try to compete with me - at least you have a goal

Unrealistic and unattainable, but it's a goal."

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

Very nice guide Red but i would not use any of those builds...

Well, your strongest enemies use some of those builds so you might want to reconsider.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

Aurioch

Aurioch

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-October 11
This is one of the best guides I've seen on the forums yet. I have been following along with some of your information pertaining to the builds Red, but I'm pretty stumped right now so advice would be great! Here's my build currently.

After reading through some of the posts online I've been starting to regret ever putting points into Dodge, which is why I stopped there. Currently I'm considering respecing to something similar to your Assault Crafter's Build or possibly your other hybrid builds. Could you please clarify on why Dodge should not be spent on as opposed to Strength and Power? I've also heard that mutations are a must in this game, Empathic being one of the most common. Could you please give me some advice on what to do from my current build? Thanks very much!

Edited by Aurioch, 20 December 2011 - 05:48 PM.

Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11

This is one of the best guides I've seen on the forums yet. I have been following along with some of your information pertaining to the builds Red, but I'm pretty stumped right now so advice would be great! Here's my build currently.

After reading through some of the posts online I've been starting to regret ever putting points into Dodge, which is why I stopped there. Currently I'm considering respecing to something similar to your Assault Crafter's Build or possibly your other hybrid builds. Could you please clarify on why Dodge should not be spent on as opposed to Strength and Power? I've also heard that mutations are a must in this game, Empathic being one of the most common. Could you please give me some advice on what to do from my current build? Thanks very much!

Dodge reduces dmg and crit chance bonuses from Prec/Pow by negligible amounts (5-10%). Dodge skills are jokes.
For instance a guy can shot you for 280 damage without dodge and 270 with dodge. Does that make any difference? Barely.
Is that worth 180 APs? Nope.

Mutations generally suck.
Empathy has been nerfed into oblivion, the amount it heals is negligible. Just look at the mutation trainers.
It heals like 100 at high ranks. In a game where you can 3-shot people it's hardly of any importance.
It helps a little, but it won't decide a fight.
Another good mutation is suppression, as you can drain stam from riflemen to prevent them from spamming BE/PH, using bandages and prevent gamma-based heals.
If you have 130 -spare- AP take Emp or Sup, but if those points can be spent in something remotely decisive do it.
Leader of DRLP.

Posted Image

CptBoby

CptBoby

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
hi there ,ty for the guide its very helpful.
just an information about downloading the client, direct download (5gb version) worked just fine, downloaded it with firefox's download manager.

shorts

shorts

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 20-December 11
Nice job red

too bad so much info was lost with the change
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Carl Sagan-Boycott Camp Sagan

Aertis

Aertis

Clan Leader of Playboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Well, your strongest enemies use some of those builds so you might want to reconsider.

dont think so

Aertis

Aertis

Clan Leader of Playboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 16-August 11

Heres is a basic power/full crafter/ rifle build i just made up, ues this website to play with your build statistics, it is completed

http://fallenearthpl...101010101010101

Edited by Grievance, 03 January 2012 - 04:29 AM.

DeadSpaceGamer

DeadSpaceGamer

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12
I just want to know i have downloaded the Fallen Earth Launcher now it's done downloaded the Launcher now i logged in and everything but it's downloading other stuff in the Launcher i'd like to Know what it's downloading.(I've downloaded the launcher At the direct download) And If it's done will i be able to play Fallen earth or what?

MICFILLER

MICFILLER

Rabble Rabble Rabble

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1544 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11

No they are not. Those are some pretty bad builds. 1 of those builds has patho...a terrible skill line with no real use in anything. Every single one of those builds has precision...you have a build that has 2 weapons and both power and precision. None of those builds have empathy. You have 1/2 ok builds but that's it.

Information is INFINITELY more useful to people because of the fact only they know their playstyle and them knowing how to build helps them a lot more in the long run rather than 'this one looks good and worked for billy bob joe so shut up and use it'.

@Grievances power crafter build

That'd mommy on most of these builds any day. Although he prob meant 186 fa not 183. Etc etc etc.
Tiggs mad.

Aurioch

Aurioch

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 16-October 11
After all of the debate I've seen throughout the forums, I'm totally lost on what to do for my build. I know for a fact I want to be a Rifleman/Crafter, but I'm not sure if I should invest points into any of the mutations lines, power, strength, dodge, etc. This is what I have so far for my build. What I want do in Fallen Earth is to focus on PvE all the way up to level 55 along with PvP in the higher levels. Although I'll probably never do anything in Blood Sports considering how there's rarely anyone who competes in it. If someone does post a new build, could you please explain why it is set up the way it is or why the build I've planned on should be changed up? Thanks.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users