* * * * * 60 votes

280 replies to this topic

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12
Im...speechless, KillerEon, you have some killer ideas, I also like Primans, ideas, and changing your lightbar color, would be nice on one hand but on the other hand, everyone running around with different colored lights would seem odd.

APB: Reloaded

District of Waterfront Police Department

Tatical Response Division

LtSpike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

View PostOddbro, on 31 March 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Im...speechless, KillerEon, you have some killer ideas, I also like Primans, ideas, and changing your lightbar color, would be nice on one hand but on the other hand, everyone running around with different colored lights would seem odd.

It'd look awesome :D

Criminal Clan Recruiting (Joker NA EAST) UpPeR CuTT Inc!
Message Me (LtSpike),Pestilience, or Weediiboy, or send us an email at uppercuttinc@hotmail.com!

We do have our own ventrilo server (It's not a requirement though.)

Check out my blog, [blank]'s universe!

JohnnyonFlame

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 01-May 11
Well, I'd love some dynamic lights in this game, driving during the night feels so bland and boring right now.
Posted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12
I also have to agree, if you cant give us ELS, fine, but at least enhance the lights. Give some ACTUAL flash pattern, put some environmental lighting in, and maybe a pinch of some revamped lightbars. Wouldnt that be a delicious cake? ^^ And i dont FULLY agree with putting up for sale on ARMAS, because some people like me, just cant put forth real life money, and I tried earning credits, but Im still trying to get them to credit my account. We could get rewarded with them, by maybe doing arrests, light we already do with front enforcer lights and stuff. Also I have to 100% agree with that, we need back lighting, people need to see us coming AND going, and besides, what cop car doesnt have back lights? ALSO! I just thought of this while writing this reply: Ok, we have music designer, symbol designer, ect. Well...why dont we have lighting designer? That would be INSANELY cool, with all your unlocks, you could put some strobe here on the bumper, maybe some here in the window, then you could adjust flash patterns, all sorts of fun stuff! Geez, that would be fun, and cool, and would be even better to show off ah the car show platforms. Agree?

LtSpike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

View PostOddbro, on 01 April 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I also have to agree, if you cant give us ELS, fine, but at least enhance the lights. Give some ACTUAL flash pattern, put some environmental lighting in, and maybe a pinch of some revamped lightbars. Wouldnt that be a delicious cake? ^^ And i dont FULLY agree with putting up for sale on ARMAS, because some people like me, just cant put forth real life money, and I tried earning credits, but Im still trying to get them to credit my account. We could get rewarded with them, by maybe doing arrests, light we already do with front enforcer lights and stuff. Also I have to 100% agree with that, we need back lighting, people need to see us coming AND going, and besides, what cop car doesnt have back lights? ALSO! I just thought of this while writing this reply: Ok, we have music designer, symbol designer, ect. Well...why dont we have lighting designer? That would be INSANELY cool, with all your unlocks, you could put some strobe here on the bumper, maybe some here in the window, then you could adjust flash patterns, all sorts of fun stuff! Geez, that would be fun, and cool, and would be even better to show off ah the car show platforms. Agree?

Even if we can't get ELS, or even dynamic lighting, underbody lighting, at least give us some stuff. We ask for using more lights from real life (such as tail lights / head lights), and some more designs from real life, please :D
Message Me (LtSpike),Pestilience, or Weediiboy, or send us an email at uppercuttinc@hotmail.com!

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Good to see this thread is still moderately active! :D I shall contribute, with another pair of concept images! This time I decided to do an image within the city streets rather than in the garage. Hope you like them both :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you all think? o:
Posted Image

PriMan

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

View PostTheKillerEon, on 01 April 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Good to see this thread is still moderately active! :D I shall contribute, with another pair of concept images! This time I decided to do an image within the city streets rather than in the garage. Hope you like them both :3

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's just unreal looking cool! Very realistic!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Nicknames - PriMan; OfficerDonaghy \ Server - Obeya EU1 \ Clan - SPPD AntiCrime Force
Support emergency lighting system [ELS] Support clan equipment

LtSpike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

View PostTheKillerEon, on 01 April 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Those lights.. Look amazing!

Renalds

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-March 12
I think that the idea of an ELS in APB reloaded is excellent. however, a lower performance computer would have Issues with this Idea. I suggest that if an ELS were put into place, lower graphics qualities would not have the ELS effects.

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Going to have one more round of concept coming later today. I'm going to take a crack at making more light types :3
Posted Image

NeoSurenosLA

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Download link?
Char 1
[img]http://http://bf3stats.com/graphic/avIoIlIU#ps3/USScoutSniper[/img]

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12

View PostNeoSurenosLA, on 03 April 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Download link?

Its a suggestion, not a mod.

Looks good, but my APB Doesn't look as neat as that... How?

Posted Image
Metropolitan Police Service || Patriot || Enforcer Clan

FlatHeead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 14-October 11
It looks so freaking ossum *-*
Also the neons for criminals are awesome idea!
Lets hope G1 will do something for us ^^

Edited by FlatHead, 04 April 2012 - 08:10 AM.

Excuse my bad English,please!

Posted Image

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Here's another image for you guys. For those of you that actually await these easily made images, I apologise for not posting anything yesterday seeing as I made a post saying that I'd have something new up.

Here I have a new car in the image, a Moirai. Made to resemble a Dodge Charger Interceptor, since the Moirai is the closest thing to it in the game. I dropped in some front bull bars and stuck a total of 6 lights onto them plus an extra 2 piece set of dual dashboard lights to make up a new Front Enforcer Light design.

Posted Image

Hope you guys like it. I gotta go to work.
Posted Image

PriMan

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11
My version)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by PriMan, 04 April 2012 - 08:01 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Nicknames - PriMan; OfficerDonaghy \ Server - Obeya EU1 \ Clan - SPPD AntiCrime Force

LtSpike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12

View PostPriMan, on 04 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

My version)

Posted Image

Oh my... Those are beautiful.

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Amazing :')

Posted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

View PostPriMan, on 04 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

My version)

Posted Image

"Me gusta"

And even yours Killer, you both got amazing colors, and lights there. The decals, make them looks even more real...I wish I could make decals. :(
Anyways, yea those are killer..aha get it, "killer" xP *achem* Except for you Priman, your 2nd picture seems a tad over done, but still amazing. Im some what good with 3d modeling, Imma try and make some ideas and such, keep it up guys. :)

EDIT:

Ok, I did a VERY VERY basic idea for a lightbar, of course it is kind of based off RL, the colors are just there, and always can be changed. The white you see on the side could be take down lights, which havent been suggested that would also be nice. I placed a amber traffic director on the back. Now personally I like window advisors better, but again this is just a concept idea. Tell me what you guys think, and maybe Ill make more. I could even take some pics, or have Killer and/or Priman add lighting effects to it. :D

EDIT 2: The video my help, hehe.

Edited by Oddbro, 06 April 2012 - 12:35 PM.

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
While I would like to contribute to more, like say animated lighting, I cannot. At this time I am restricted to a free image manipulation program known as GIMP 2.6. While it is free and can do quite a bit, it is very lacking in the animating department. I tried, but I couldn't even use gradients in it to simulate lighting effects. Furthermore, I am no animator. I can make simple images that require a lower skill level (basically that of looking up how-to videos on YouTube), but real high quality animation not only takes a high degree of knowledge but patience and skill too. Not to mention such high quality animating is kinda out of my skill reach plus I lack the tools to do it (Photoshop, Sony Vegas which are both great but kinda pricey media studios).

Sorry D:

I might see if I can get a trial for either Sony Vegas, Photoshop, or both. no telling how long they would last if either even does have a half decent trial or one available at all.

Edited by TheKillerEon, 06 April 2012 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

View PostTheKillerEon, on 06 April 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

While I would like to contribute to more, like say animated lighting, I cannot. At this time I am restricted to a free image manipulation program known as GIMP 2.6. While it is free and can do quite a bit, it is very lacking in the animating department. I tried, but I couldn't even use gradients in it to simulate lighting effects. Furthermore, I am no animator. I can make simple images that require a lower skill level (basically that of looking up how-to videos on YouTube), but real high quality animation not only takes a high degree of knowledge but patience and skill too. Not to mention such high quality animating is kinda out of my skill reach plus I lack the tools to do it (Photoshop, Sony Vegas which are both great but kinda pricey media studios).

Sorry D:

Well now that I know you cant do animation, what were your thoughts on my lightbar? you didnt give any feedback...D:

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12

View PostOddbro, on 06 April 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well now that I know you cant do animation, what were your thoughts on my lightbar? you didnt give any feedback...D:

It's interesting. In the real world, modern light bars are a bit more flat and rely on LED style lighting which what you showed does abide to. It is a rather crude example, of course. Looks like you may have made it in that 3D Google thingy... not sure what the name is. But you did do ok for a first attempt.

I did get a trial for Sony Vegas and Photoshop, buuuuuuut the who user interface is completely foreign to me. I can probably design good lighting in GIMP (where I am most fimiliar) and then using the lighting effects in Vegas. That is once I figure out how to use it.

Not easily done with a headache while sick.

Edited by TheKillerEon, 06 April 2012 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

PriMan

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11

View PostTheKillerEon, on 06 April 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

It's interesting. In the real world, modern light bars are a bit more flat and rely on LED style lighting which what you showed does abide to. It is a rather crude example, of course. Looks like you may have made it in that 3D Google thingy... not sure what the name is. But you did do ok for a first attempt.

I did get a trial for Sony Vegas and Photoshop, buuuuuuut the who user interface is completely foreign to me. I can probably design good lighting in GIMP (where I am most fimiliar) and then using the lighting effects in Vegas. That is once I figure out how to use it.

Try it and you will succeed.

http://sketchup.goog...83&prevstart=12

Edited by PriMan, 06 April 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

View PostTheKillerEon, on 06 April 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Oh man, trust me, Im a light bar fanatic, like I said, is was a very basic concept idea. If I truly wanted to go into detail, I would place in the mini LEDs and even put the brackets that would mount to the vehicle. The basic idea was based off this: https://speedtechlig...&catid=5&id=286

EDIT: Ok, so I went ahead and added some LEDs. Again, just learning this stuff, so its basic. I tried to put it into a video and add animation, but my brainprogram had failed, and I couldnt continue. Lol, Ill add more here and there, whatcha guys think? Posted Image

Edited by Oddbro, 07 April 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Sounds like me 'Lightbar Fanatic'.

Anyway been playing some GTA Lately with the ELS Menu, would be so nice to have all the keys working. L for Alley Lights, J for primary lights (front lights perhaps just blue), K for secondary lights (perhaps a LED Stop sign in the back instead of 2 blue, red strobes.)

Posted Image

Aesk

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-November 11
This needs to be STICKIED.

As I've debated on previous pages, if players with insufficient computers can not use this system, make it an OPT-OUT. Just like anti-aliasing, V-sync, and other graphic types are change-able in options, do the same for this. There is no excuse for G1 not to do this besides being lazy.

Edit:
And just so you can know G1, if GTA can do it, then so can we.

Edited by Aesk, 12 April 2012 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Alright, I know it was rather half-arsed, but here's another piece of concept work. I took a stab at using Vegas, and the results are... okay, at best. No huge and amazing lighting effects, just what could be possible with the engine as it is now. But compared to what is in game right now it's a heck of a lot better.

Edited by TheKillerEon, 12 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Posted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12

View PostTheKillerEon, on 12 April 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Alright, I know it was rather half-arsed, but here's another piece of concept work. I took a stab at using Vegas, and the results are... okay, at best. No huge and amazing lighting effects, just what could be possible with the engine as it is now. But compared to what is in game right now it's a heck of a lot better.

Thats hot...really hot. ^^ Lol, but really I like it, alot...alot.

LtSpike

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Joined 03-February 12
Looks nice.

Looks nice.

NeoAgentX

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
I decided my first post on these forums should be here...

PLEASE G1 implement this. I fully support this!

Joker NA East
Enforcer: NeoAgentX
Criminal: ThugX

LittlePhenomena

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
This is an excelent suggestion. I support this 9001% That's over 9000!

I used a mod like this on GTA IV and it was by far my favourite.

Please add this G1
I'm on a signature!
Swan Dive!
This post is now Diamonds!

knoptix

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 04-February 12
I would love to see this in the game. It is actually what I have been wanting forever! I talk about in in a few of my videos
youtube.com/AOUxSilentWisher

As far as it being to resource expensive for lower end computers....If players cannot handle it just have a option to turn them off for client side viewing. I think this would make the game 8x better. Why? Its way more realistic than the cruddy back and forth pattern on everything. :computerbrain:

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Just felt like I'd post one more video here of me speaking my mind and also showing how I made the concept video (to a certain extent). Congrats, you get to see how nerdy I actually sound! lol

Edited by TheKillerEon, 21 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

Oddbro

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12
Very nice video, great mini tutorial, and some amazing points were made in there. I really like where you showed it can be done with ease, and well for free. If anything that video needs to be sent directly to G1, to show them that we want this, we kinda want it know, it can be done, and it can be done with ease, quickly and most of all, it can be done without going bankrupt. Heck, if we push them hard enough they could put it out when they put out part 2 for New Breed, although I dunno when that comes out, hehe. oh, and last note, your voice isnt nerdy, I actually like it, like the slight accent to. :P

TheKillerEon

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Nice to know you enjoyed :3 It sucks that my Vegas trial expired, it was a good video making program >.<
Posted Image

Oluapenn

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10
this thread is A M A Z I N G !!!!!

WHERE ARE THE DEVS, so they can make this happen for EVERYONE !!!

BUMP

Deathstrik

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 16-March 11
A bump here with some nice news for those who haven't seen it yet, seems your suggestions were heard (Which is nice, I've keeped tabs on this thread for sometime now and it's had some of the better suggestion input than any other.)

So, if you haven't seen what new lights they've introduced with the new Espacio. Here you go, courtesy of PeterF.

They are a step in the right direction in my mind, looking forward to see some of these options replace older ones or be added on.

Posted Image
www.met-clanuk.com
Patriot || Enforcer Clan || Looking for new members
Post an application today on our forums

Pasta

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Joined 27-February 11
I'd would LOVE to see something like this. Would be great if we could toggle this on/off to allow players who don't have super-rigs to continue playing normally whilst the players with capable machines can bask in the glory of those effects.

Oluapenn

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 09-March 10

View Postduelpad, on 28 April 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I'd would LOVE to see something like this. Would be great if we could toggle this on/off to allow players who don't have super-rigs to continue playing normally whilst the players with capable machines can bask in the glory of those effects.

I agree 100%

Hyburnate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Yup, however I'm no longer keen on the tall lightbar. Its too old. I'll make a video of mine later.

Posted Image

ExisionGameR

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12
love it but where can i get that menu whit things i really need it?! please send me pm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®