Photo

Grinder's Guide to Fallen Earth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

finalstance

finalstance

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 13-November 11

This guide will only work if you're ranged otherwise you'll be taking too much damage from higher level mobs as melee for it to be effective. Also im a rifle user so i cant be certain if pistols will be effective either. All the mobs listed are melee.

I didn't grind in sector 1 and i suggest u don't either, do the missions and learn more about the game. Invest in a sniper rifle before any other weapon, the range will help you level. You will miss out on the AP quests but it'll be much faster to do them at a higher level, also ive been getting loads of random AP when killing mobs. This is the fastest way to level, 5 mobs are giving me 550+ xp in like 20-30secs~ a mission is 500 xp and involves alot of traveling but if you don't enjoy grinding then its best left alone.

You should be around 10 levels lower than the mobs you're grinding on so you get full xp (its capped). Food and drink buffs will speed things up but are not essential.

Sector 2

Level 16-19 Chickens
Posted Image
Waypoint: 4503566 5285525 (head west of the auction npc till u hit the wall)
Nearby Town: Post 23
Drops: Eggs, meat ect
Skill Requirement: Forgot what skill you needed to harvest
Tips: Jump on the wall, clear a good 5-7 and loot! harvest if you can.

Level 30 Zombies
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5744201 5684586 (just south of the lifenet bunker)
Nearby Town: Diesel Town
Drops: Frayed Cotton, Impure Biologic Chemical
Skill Requirement: None
Tips: Bring plenty of ammo because there isn't a Ballistics npc in the town so you'll have to travel to Disel Town to make some. If you're feeling brave shoot a bunch of zombies and let them start running to you(most of them run really slowly) then pick them off as they get close, saves you running around to loot them 1by1. If you npc 2 stacks of loot you'll get 1red+ if i can remember correctly, check the auction house though you may get more there.

Sector 3

Level 31-34 Rats/Cockroaches
Posted Image
Waypoint: 6107912 5671315 (just south of town)
Drops: Weak Biologic Chemical, Tainted Protien
Skill Requirement: Level 45 Nature so you can harvest the rats
Tips: I did level 24-30 here in 8hours. Kill the cockroaches before they reach u, use your stun. Let the rats get close before fishing them so you can harvest them,
a stack of Weak Biologic Chemical npc's for 10 blue. The cockroaches drop crap and i couldnt harvest them so its not worth looting them but the rats alone will make u a profit so u can make ammo. The bunker bar is right next to this spot so keep your Tier 5 Rested up. Clear the rats first, they die much easier.

Mobs Level 41-45 Forest Rats

Posted Image
Waypoint: 6522172 5142145 (south of Trader's Flat)
Nearby Town: Trader's Flat
Tips: Park up and clear a group of 4-5 before looting, store stacks of 100 chems on your mount, 10 stacks = 1 red!(i haven't checked the auction house prices so you may get more there). The NPC's in Trader's Flat don't sell scrap copper/scrap lead so make plenty of ammo in Disel Town before coming here.

Mobs: Level 45 Judge Attackers
Posted Image
Waypoint: 6577786 4986797
Nearby Town: Trader's Flat (Stronghold has crafting/vault facilities)
Drops: The boss will drop mats for all crafting profs
Skill Requirement: Level 35 so you can get the repeatable mission.
Tips: The town crier will tell you how long you have before the next attack, do your missions/grind till 10minutes before that time then head over to Stronghold for the event. Hit the non veteran mobs first so you get the quest done quickly then you can hand it in and leave or stay till the last wave with the boss. The event is roughly every 70minutes and gives a nice amount of xp and 6 blue chips

Deadfall

Mobs Level 45 White Crow Elite's
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5483568 5001791
Nearby Town: Los Alamos
Drops: Average Lead, Average Iron, Superior Copper, Average Leather, Common Aluminium, Common Steel, Frayed Kevlar and drinks/food.
Tips: Stay outside the camp, only melee mobs spawn outside. The mobs are far apart and i didn't really like this spot because of that. Plenty of crafting mats tho... theres a garage/merchant south if you want to sell things.

Mobs Level 49 Huge Blightspore's
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5810996 5010536
Nearby Town: Citadel
Drops: Random crap
Skill Requirement: 164 nature to harvest
Tips: These guys have ALOT of health, they'll eat your ammo so bring lots. They move really slow and they'll never reach you even if you afk for an hour lol. Getting headshots is really easy since they have huge heads. Get tier 5 rested from citadel before coming here. Use high damage slow guns to save ammo. Also you wont be making any sort of profit killing these (well maybe if you can harvest them, i cant).

I will update this guide as i level, if anyone wants to add to it be my guest.

Edited by finalstance, 21 November 2011 - 08:00 AM.

My MMORPG Gameplay Videos http://www.youtube.com/mmofortvideos

Moonraker

Moonraker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
Nice info for those wishing to grind. One thing as kind of mentioned, is that the xp given my higher level mobs (not Boss or other different types) is capped. So for example, at level 22, killing lvl 32-35 'Fattened Garbage Rats' in Diesltown will give the same amount of xp as killing the lvl 41-45 Forest Rats near Trader's Flat, which have quite a bit more health than the lower ones. You should be able to kill them just it takes more ammo and no better xp or drops (3 WBC). This goes for all mobs I found so stick to the level difference range suggested.

To give some idea on what health you are looking at, the level 32-35 rats have proportionately lower health than most similar level mobs, with something between 100-125 to kill of a level 32.

Rats generally are good for grinding as the have generally low health and don't move too fast so with a 60-70m range most will be dead before they get to you. So use any abilities that boost rifle power, slows etc over health (Bull's Eye, Bolster, stamina buff food etc.). A shotgun is good to finish any that do get close.

But other mobs that move slow are also good targets for grinding, for example Porkupines or Praerie Chickens, being easy to hit (Porkupines give headshots where PC do not I think) Just check different mobs at the right level range and try one to see. Zombie type mobs as suggested also are easy as they give you plenty of time to kill.

Consider also, if you are Crafter/ Rifles that it is useful to pick mobs that drop components you can/ will use and save your chips on buying. May take little longer searching for right ones but does help on costs and adds bit more variety.

For mobs like rats that tend to die in two shots, just pull with sniper gives you lots of range and not much moving, then swap to shotgun to finish off just as they reach you. Repeat for say 10 mobs, then just harvest them which is easy as they are around your feet. For these don't use any snare ability as it just slows down the action, unless they are close and it gives you time.

The only issue you may find is that others are using the better known spots, but really, just a bit of searching will find you the appropriate level mobs as above in most places if you tasks a little time to look.

Also remember to have a craft running as you grind to max xp along with the Bunker Bar buff. You miss the workshop buff but it still is giving xp.

In the end it is a good way to move onto certain levels which open up skills etc but best mixed with some gathering/ missions/ php to avoid ti getting too monotonous.

ps I would avoid the Bile Roachs' in Dieseltown at lower level, as they are that much tougher meaning more ammo and will take you down if being lazy. They will happily take down the lvl 'Dieseltown Security' npcs' who every so often go and attack them :)

Edited by Moonraker, 14 November 2011 - 07:56 AM.

zibanziban2

zibanziban2

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 11-November 11
I completely agree, and this is what I do to level (different spots, same theory, limiting it to stuff I can skin (*)) ... but something is broken with game balance when "You should be around 10 levels lower than the mobs you're grinding on so you get full xp (its capped). Food and drink buffs will speed things up but are not essential".

Im interested - can melee and pistol routinely grind at this rate ? Has anyone tried it ?

Indigo Jones

(*) Its really, really fricking annoying to not be able to loot mobs you can trivially kill, when your build is a maxed-out crafter.

Hahnsoo

Hahnsoo

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11
Level 5-10 grinding
I prefer to kill Coppermine Judges. Humanoid, can be killed with starter weapons, and great loot drops. You get about a level an hour (faster if you are dedicated and well-equipped).

Level 18+
You can kill CoGs north of Blaine pretty easily from levels 18-25. You'll get capped XP up until 22ish (depending on your subscription level), and the XP over time remains good until 25. There are several advantages to hunting S2 CoGs:
1) Melee only - No ranged attackers
2) Fast respawn - The camp is likely to respawn faster than you can kill them
3) Mildly social - you aren't likely to pull a whole group with a ranged attack... it does happen, but it's not likely
4) Humanoid - Headshots galore, and vulnerable to all three PvE stuns (Dent Armor, Dirty Steel, Disrupt). Also, they run out of stamina when running long distances, which means they slow down in their movement rate.
5) Great loot table - Lots of Tier 2 mats drop from these guys, including Salvaged Steel, Iron, Copper, Lead, Frayed Cotton, etc. Lots of food items to sell as vendor trash, as well.

I was killing them with stuns and a pair of mid-tier Zip Guns, to tell you how easy they are. With 3 Stuns, you can reasonably farm them easily as a melee as well.

Note: These advantages remain regardless of where you kill the CoGs, pretty much. Higher level CoGs are found north/northwest of Chemtown and south of Pitchblende, with proportionately higher loot drops.

Level 45 (ish) depending on buff items:
As soon as you can muster 180 Geology and/or Scavenging with buff items, you can head to Office Park and gather Junked Plastic nodes (180 Scavenge) and/or the Titanium nodes (180 Geology) there around the periphery of the PvP zone. They give a large amount of XP for essentially little to no work. You can grind up to 50ish off of those. The downside is the fact that it's a PvP zone, so you may get ganked by a trigger happy PvPer.

Other easy things to kill:
Hydra Weeds north of Deadfall Point. Yeah, they have high health. But they literally can't fight back if you use a long range rifle or hit them at maximum range with heavy pistols. They also drop a lot of the useful Tier 3 plant materials.

Porkupines south of Deadfall Point are also easy to kill, although they can move and fight back. Good loot drops, too.

For most of my PvE builds, I spec 51 points of Power for Dent Armor 1 and 33 points of Dirty Tricks for Dirty Steel 1. This gives me three stuns to use (including Disrupt 1), and makes grinding pretty easy throughout my travels regardless of what weapon I use. It's a minimal point investment for 2 abilities that I can use to grind pretty much anything.

Edited by Hahnsoo, 14 November 2011 - 06:13 PM.

finalstance

finalstance

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 13-November 11
Thanks for the replies, anyone got a waypoint of a place i should move onto after these 41-45 rats?.

I completely agree, and this is what I do to level (different spots, same theory, limiting it to stuff I can skin (*)) ... but something is broken with game balance when "You should be around 10 levels lower than the mobs you're grinding on so you get full xp (its capped). Food and drink buffs will speed things up but are not essential".

Im interested - can melee and pistol routinely grind at this rate ? Has anyone tried it ?

Indigo Jones

(*) Its really, really fricking annoying to not be able to loot mobs you can trivially kill, when your build is a maxed-out crafter.

I can manage fine with a shotgun so pistols should be fine with higher range but melee would probably have to pull the mobs with ranged then kill them cos running in too close gets u swamped.
My MMORPG Gameplay Videos http://www.youtube.com/mmofortvideos

AlexGriffin

AlexGriffin

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
Followed this guide to level 55, bought prem then quit 2 days later because i found out u had to grind an insane amount of faction rep to be able to get armour to pvp with. :( i was sad.

Doobs

Doobs

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11

Followed this guide to level 55, bought prem then quit 2 days later because i found out u had to grind an insane amount of faction rep to be able to get armour to pvp with. :( i was sad.

Hey Alex, sorry to hear you quit already, but I really think you should give it another chance.

If your concern is endgame PVP, you can do just as well using crafted level 55 armor or even level 50 armor. Your primary resists may be slightly lower, but you can always supplement them using higher Armor Use, consumable buffs (Green Moist Paste), or an enhancement buff. The difference between crafted gear and faction gear is minimal and you can be just as effective in PVP. At the end of the day skills matter way more than gear does in Fallen Earth.

AlexGriffin

AlexGriffin

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11

I have maxed armour use and dodge with level 50 armour/55helmet i still die in 3-5 shots from a pistol and pistols do more damage then my level 55 sniper rifle. :P

wiccan0

wiccan0

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 10-August 12

This guide will only work if you're ranged otherwise you'll be taking too much damage from higher level mobs as melee for it to be effective. Also im a rifle user so i cant be certain if pistols will be effective either. All the mobs listed are melee.

I didn't grind in sector 1 and i suggest u don't either, do the missions and learn more about the game. Invest in a sniper rifle before any other weapon, the range will help you level. You will miss out on the AP quests but it'll be much faster to do them at a higher level, also ive been getting loads of random AP when killing mobs. This is the fastest way to level, 5 mobs are giving me 550+ xp in like 20-30secs~ a mission is 500 xp and involves alot of traveling but if you don't enjoy grinding then its best left alone.

You should be around 10 levels lower than the mobs you're grinding on so you get full xp (its capped). Food and drink buffs will speed things up but are not essential.

Sector 2

Level 16-19 Chickens
Posted Image
Waypoint: 4503566 5285525 (head west of the auction npc till u hit the wall)
Nearby Town: Post 23
Drops: Eggs, meat ect
Skill Requirement: Forgot what skill you needed to harvest
Tips: Jump on the wall, clear a good 5-7 and loot! harvest if you can.

Level 30 Zombies
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5744201 5684586 (just south of the lifenet bunker)
Drops: Frayed Cotton, Impure Biologic Chemical
Tips: Bring plenty of ammo because there isn't a Ballistics npc in the town so you'll have to travel to Disel Town to make some. If you're feeling brave shoot a bunch of zombies and let them start running to you(most of them run really slowly) then pick them off as they get close, saves you running around to loot them 1by1. If you npc 2 stacks of loot you'll get 1red+ if i can remember correctly, check the auction house though you may get more there.

Sector 3

Level 31-34 Rats/Cockroaches
Posted Image
Waypoint: 6107912 5671315 (just south of town)
Tips: I did level 24-30 here in 8hours. Kill the cockroaches before they reach u, use your stun. Let the rats get close before fishing them so you can harvest them,
a stack of Weak Biologic Chemical npc's for 10 blue. The cockroaches drop crap and i couldnt harvest them so its not worth looting them but the rats alone will make u a profit so u can make ammo. The bunker bar is right next to this spot so keep your Tier 5 Rested up. Clear the rats first, they die much easier.

Mobs Level 41-45 Forest Rats

Posted Image
Waypoint: 6522172 5142145 (south of Trader's Flat)
Nearby Town: Trader's Flat
Tips: Park up and clear a group of 4-5 before looting, store stacks of 100 chems on your mount, 10 stacks = 1 red!(i haven't checked the auction house prices so you may get more there). The NPC's in Trader's Flat don't sell scrap copper/scrap lead so make plenty of ammo in Disel Town before coming here.

Mobs: Level 45 Judge Attackers
Posted Image
Waypoint: 6577786 4986797
Nearby Town: Trader's Flat (Stronghold has crafting/vault facilities)
Drops: The boss will drop mats for all crafting profs
Skill Requirement: Level 35 so you can get the repeatable mission.
Tips: The town crier will tell you how long you have before the next attack, do your missions/grind till 10minutes before that time then head over to Stronghold for the event. Hit the non veteran mobs first so you get the quest done quickly then you can hand it in and leave or stay till the last wave with the boss. The event is roughly every 70minutes and gives a nice amount of xp and 6 blue chips

Deadfall

Mobs Level 45 White Crow Elite's
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5483568 5001791
Nearby Town: Los Alamos
Drops: Average Lead, Average Iron, Superior Copper, Average Leather, Common Aluminium, Common Steel, Frayed Kevlar and drinks/food.
Tips: Stay outside the camp, only melee mobs spawn outside. The mobs are far apart and i didn't really like this spot because of that. Plenty of crafting mats tho... theres a garage/merchant south if you want to sell things.

Mobs Level 49 Huge Blightspore's
Posted Image
Waypoint: 5810996 5010536
Nearby Town: Citadel
Drops: Random crap
Skill Requirement: 164 nature to harvest
Tips: These guys have ALOT of health, they'll eat your ammo so bring lots. They move really slow and they'll never reach you even if you afk for an hour lol. Getting headshots is really easy since they have huge heads. Get tier 5 rested from citadel before coming here. Use high damage slow guns to save ammo. Also you wont be making any sort of profit killing these (well maybe if you can harvest them, i cant).

I will update this guide as i level, if anyone wants to add to it be my guest.

sorry but your wrong dude, melee can do just fine as a range char can..i guess you forgot the healing that we have that heals a TON so yes melee can and do greatly killing them..i for one have no problem.

Price Morgan

Price Morgan

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14
I know this is an old old guide but I like to add since I have exp with this build, Pistols do work great for all grinds, I've tried a melee build they seem weak to me but maybe thats just I.

Hade Helix: Founder of Brimstone Blood Gang

Anneshirley: Officer

Recruiting: All chota & new players looking to become a chota!

Level: all levels

benefit's: giving away FREE mounts & vehicles, (new players only low levels) first 5 that hits level 35-40
gets 15 red chips! clan events each month (great prizes) such events is Mount race, Hide & seek etc.

What we do: PVP/PvE, Boss hunts, role play & clan wars!

Apply@ http://bbg.shivtr.com/

Guide to Farming Fasteners 
http://forums.gamers...s/#entry3836083
aim_zps95f2c4a2.png

Chrispy Cream

Chrispy Cream

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Joined 21-July 12
Get level 7 from missions and npc grinds in s1 then take a motorcycle all the way up to Newton and grind rotters.

Level on rotters from 7-15

15-** Pick a faction *Best to pick the faction with GTC* You will earn a ton of exp per mission.

20-30 Rat farm in s3

30-50 Citadel but instead of whitecrow (since it can get destroyed or no one plays) Go to wasted wood cogs in between cit raids.

50-55 Round 1 dome farm ants. I was told this is not an exploit so it is fair game.

PRO TIPS:
1. Spec pistols raise up your power/au/fa/empathic each level.
2. Pick a faction with GTC most current.
3. Stack commander aura and buff it with Team shots/clone shots and bunker bar tier rest 5
4. Play with someone.. Grinding sucks, but leveling with someone is easy and can be fun.
5. Stock up on ammunition You will need a lot of ammunition.. the more the better
6. Commander aura is great, expensive for in game money but proper use of it or any other premium is GG

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5676 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Get level 7 from missions and npc grinds in s1 then take a motorcycle all the way up to Newton and grind rotters.

Level on rotters from 7-15

15-** Pick a faction *Best to pick the faction with GTC* You will earn a ton of exp per mission.

20-30 Rat farm in s3

30-50 Citadel but instead of whitecrow (since it can get destroyed or no one plays) Go to wasted wood cogs in between cit raids.

50-55 Round 1 dome farm ants. I was told this is not an exploit so it is fair game.

PRO TIPS:
1. Spec pistols raise up your power/au/fa/empathic each level.
2. Pick a faction with GTC most current.
3. Stack commander aura and buff it with Team shots/clone shots and bunker bar tier rest 5
4. Play with someone.. Grinding sucks, but leveling with someone is easy and can be fun.
5. Stock up on ammunition You will need a lot of ammunition.. the more the better
6. Commander aura is great, expensive for in game money but proper use of it or any other premium is GG

1-7 : Whatever works best for you... I just go to Zanesville generally.
7-35 : Rats in S3 (Diesel Town to about 25-28 and then Trader's Flat rats)
35+ : Whitecrow
45+ : Citadel when it pops
50+ : Dome

Edited by Reaps989, 19 July 2014 - 02:58 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.