Photo

The old Crosshair in APB? (Or modified?)

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

MikeSmith

MikeSmith

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 29-July 11
Hello, I wanted to ask if you can introduce the cross-hairs by the then current APB APB in the back?
I think the crosshairs with the center point have much better fits the goals and so on.

Or is there a possibility the old crosshair install itself? Say, modding?

I hope you can grant me my wish, sounds a bit ridiculous but I like this Crosshair and that helps a lot for the goals.

Sorry my english is bad im from germany and that it's from Google Translator

////////////////In German///////////////

Hallo, ich wollte fragen ob ihr das Fadenkreuz vom damaligen APB in das jetzige APB wieder einführen könnt?
Ich finde das Crosshair mit dem weisen mittleren Punkt viel besser, passt auch zum Zielen und so weiter.

Oder gibt es eine möglichkeit das alte Fadenkreuz selbst einzubauen? Sprich: Modden?

Ich hoffe ihr könnt mir meinen Wunsch erfüllen, klingt etwas lächerlich aber ich mag dieses Crosshair und das hilft viel für das Zielen.

example crosshair:

http://img824.images...1/exampleet.png

MFG

George

Edited by George8747, 31 August 2011 - 01:41 PM.

Dvah

Dvah

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11
I did like those, yes.
Proud member of the Rational Entities Club, along with Voerman and Tune. And also Freyar, sometimes.

GhosT 8747

GhosT 8747

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4780 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11
Still dont get why you fell in love with that dot.. imo it would just be pointless and annoying, blocking my sight.

| Obeya [EU1] | RTW Veteran | GhosT8747 yfqv.png |

Forge

Forge

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 05-February 11
I made this thread back in Closed Beta. Had pictures and everything. This is the response I got from Qwentle.

The reason we removed the dot was simply because people would focus on it too much. The crosshairs show accuracy, and with a dot in the centre we found the majority of people ignored the expanding crosshairs. They would fire fully automatic regardless of accuracy and then got annoyed when they wern't hitting anything despite their crosshairs being 'right on the guy'.

While the crosshair (and UI in general) is generally seen just as a tool to show information, it can also be used to sway player behaviour patterns.

I still want my dot.

Edited by Forge, 31 August 2011 - 04:36 PM.

Karyl

Karyl

Banned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3732 posts
  • Joined 11-November 10

I made this thread back in Closed Beta. Had pictures and everything. This is the response I got from Qwentle.

I still want my dot.

response from qwentle basically means "our average playerbase is too speshul to understand a crosshair, so we had to change it"

sad but true

ikinz

ikinz

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11
Just like in any other game, why not let the players pick the crosshair themselves. Put it in the options.

Pofka

Pofka

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Joined 03-August 11

Just like in any other game, why not let the players pick the crosshair themselves. Put it in the options.

They will rather put it at the armas marketplace for G1 credits... That's the truth...

Qwentle

Qwentle

APB:R - Lead Designer

• Reloaded Staff
  • 847 posts
  • Joined 25-November 10

They will rather put it at the armas marketplace for G1 credits... That's the truth...

Actually we were thinking of allowing players to create their own static crosshairs through the symbol designer...

MikeSmith

MikeSmith

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 29-July 11

Actually we were thinking of allowing players to create their own static crosshairs through the symbol designer...

Does this mean that one can create his own crosshairs soon?

Forge

Forge

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 05-February 11

Woot! Thanks alot Q. I was gonna post some idea or another but you just fixed my issues with a single sentence.

If possible though, could we have the option to keep (or create!) some dynamic part of the cross-hair?

Edit: Also, I know you're busy, but it's nice to see you posting again!

Edited by Forge, 03 September 2011 - 08:25 AM.

Itchypantz

Itchypantz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 15-July 11
The Crosshairs need to have COLOR!!! The tiny little white marks blend into the background so fast! I can hardly see them far too often. Static crosshairs wont' do, as the feedback of the crosshairs expanding and contracting tell me alot about accuracy. Home-made static crosshairs will also lead back to the original point of "my crosshairs were on him the whole time!! boo hoo hoo" because of the lack of feedback that dynamic crosshairs provide.

I want BRIGHT PURPLE crosshairs that do not blend with anything.

Arvie

Arvie

Supreme

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5082 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Just gimme my old crosshair back.
Posted Image