Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5231 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Start with these simple steps for Installation, Connection and Updater issues:
  • Verify your User Name and Password.
  • Confirm you can access/surf the internet as usual.
  • Turn off your modem and then restart it.
  • Make sure you are logged onto your computer as the unrestricted full access Administator.
  • Turn off any 3rd party application that acts as a web filter or inhibitor. These could be programs such as proxomitron, some browsing toolbars and other applications that create any filters.
  • Make sure Fallen Earth is allowed through your router (Ports 3000-3020 and 80). For testing, get completely off your router and connect directly to your modem.
  • Make sure FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram (located in your Fallen Earth Folder) are added to any Firewall or Anti-Virus exception lists.
  • Remove ANY DvDs/CDs from drives prior to installing/updating.
When I login to the updater, it gives me the error "Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection_"

If you are receiving this error, it may mean that something on your system is not allowing Fallen Earth to connect to the internet. Presuming you are indeed connected to the internet and can surf elsewhere normally, the first thing to do is to make sure you are running FEUpdaterprogram as administrator (right-click and select "Run as administrator"). If this doesn't help, make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. You may also wish to reboot your modem. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80, please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

After logging into the updater and clicking "Next" the updater stops at "Negotiating..." and does not progress forward in a reasonable timeframe.

If you are experiencing this issue it may mean that something is disrupting the connection between your system and the login server. The first step is to make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram (located in your main Fallen Earth directory) are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. If this doesn't solve the issue, try disabling the program only long enough to see if the results change. If this doesn't help, try closing down all other applications like Instant Messaging, Voice over IP, active virus scanners in case they are causing interference. You may also wish to reboot your modem. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80, please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

While trying to patch, the download freezes at the same spot no matter how many times I restart it.

Verify your installation location (Hard Drive) has sufficient space to accept the data.

Start Fallen Earth and from the first screen you see click on "Defragment Game File System".

Then if needed, restart Fallen Earth and select "Perform Complete File Check" and proceed with login.

If issues persist, make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram (located in your main Fallen Earth directory) are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. If this doesn't solve the issue, try disabling the program only long enough to see if the results change. If this doesn't help, try closing down all other applications like Instant Messaging, Voice over IP, active virus scanners in case they are causing interference. You may also wish to reboot your modem. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80, please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

I'm getting the error "Connection timed out, please try again later." every time I try to log into Fallen Earth.

If you are receiving this error, it may mean that something on your system is not allowing Fallen Earth to connect to the internet. Presuming you are indeed connected to the internet and can surf elsewhere normally, the first thing to do is to make sure you are running FEUpdaterprogram as administrator (right-click and select "Run as administrator"). If this doesn't help, make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. You may also wish to reboot your modem. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80, please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

When trying to patch or play Fallen Earth, it shuts down my internet completely!

If your internet connection is disconnecting on a regular basis while trying to play or update Fallen Earth, this may indicate issues with your network hardware or software. The first thing you should do is update your network drivers. Any network adapter you're using should have drivers whether it's wireless or Ethernet. If this doesn't help, you should reset your modem/router for possible issues there. Make sure you are running FEUpdaterprogram as administrator (right-click and select "Run as administrator"). If this doesn't help, make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80, please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

When trying to install the game from a disk I get the error "Error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file E:\Sounds4.cab has as invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust."

This error may mean that either the data on the disk is unreadable (Disk may have a scratch, fingerprint etc.), or that the disk is incompatible with your disk drive. Clean the Disk, try a different drive. Some are able to resolve the issue by copying the data directly from the disk onto the hard drive then running it.

When the game launches, all I see is a black screen and I hear sound. I never even make it to the character selection screen!

This could mean that the server is down for a scheduled maintenance. In order to make sure, please visit the Fallen Earth forums and check the Server Status section for the appropriate server.

If this is happening when the servers are not down, your system may be having trouble connecting to the login server. The first step is to make sure that FEUpdaterprogram and frontendprogram (located in your main Fallen Earth directory) are added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. If this doesn't solve the issue, try disabling the program only long enough to see if the results change. If this doesn't help, try closing down all other applications like Instant Messaging, Voice over IP, active virus scanners in case they are causing interference. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag, Ping Test and Tracert to support for further assistance. Information on how to obtain the DxDiag, Ping Test and Tracert information can be found in the Fallen Earth knowledge base.

When I get to the character creation screen, none of my characters are there!

If this happens, you should contact support by sending an email tosupport to get assistance. This doesn't commonly mean that your characters are actually gone, but the sooner support knows about the problem, the sooner it can be resolved. Please provide exact Username and exact names of the Characters affected.

When trying to install the game, I get the message "Failed to open IFS filesystem - Error code: ifsERR_BLOCKDEVSHARINGVIOLATION

This code shows this error only when another instance is already running. You may try deleting the data.ifs file located in the FE install folder and try running the game again.

When I start the patching process of the updater I get the message "Failed to open IFS filesystem: C:\Program Files\Fallen Earth\data.ifs".

If you are getting this message it usually means that you are trying to run a second client on the same machine. Since this isn't allowed, it will give you this error message and then close the updater. Make sure that frontendprogram is not already running when trying to run the updater.

Why won't Ventrilo/Teamspeak work while running Fallen Earth?

If you are having issues running one of these programs with Fallen Earth, make sure that you're running them as Administrator. If you are using Windows, right-click the program and select "Run as Administrator" and see if this resolves your issue. If the problem persists, please send an email to support at support

When trying to load Fallen Earth I get the message V3D_CreateContext Failed: 7 Error, what do I do?

If you're receiving this error, please turn off anti-aliasing in the updater options. This will stop the issue of crashing on the loading screen.

Edited by Tiggs, 21 February 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users