When creating a character or clan name for Fallen Earth™, we encourage you to select a name that reflects the post apocalyptic genre. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both first names and surnames, as well as clan names. You may not use names that are equivalent or substantially similar to:
1. Any names that violate this Code. This includes the use of names that are hateful, profane, defamatory, racist, religious slurs, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, sexual innuendo, or contain any other language that is offensive in nature.
2. Names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of Fallen Earth.
3. Names of any employee of Fallen Earth.
4. Names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products.
5. Names from popular culture or media.
6. Names that are religiously or historically significant.
7. Proper names of areas within Fallen Earth™. Clan names MAY use the proper names of specific areas, to help promote role-playing.
8. Proper names of game creatures or characters within Fallen Earth™.
9. Names containing titles or ranks within them.
10. Names that refer to illegal substances or drugs, or that are otherwise drug related.
11. Names that contain a phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence.
12. Names where a combination of the first and last names violates any of the above rules.
Naming Policy Enforcement
If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy, these are the steps that will be followed to address the issue.
1. If you violate items C1 or C2 above, you may be issued a warning on your account, and will be given a new name by one of our customer service staff. You will NOT be contacted in game to discuss this. If you would like to discuss the renaming, please send an e-mail to mailto:email@example.com.
2. For all other types of violations, a customer service representative will contact you to discuss the manner of the violation, and you will be told to send an e-mail with the following information within 24 hours to mailto:Names@fallenearth.com: your account name, the name of the character to be renamed, and your choice of names that you would like us to give you. This is intended to give you the opportunity to think about and choose your new name. If we do not receive a valid name from you within 24 hours, then one will be chosen for you by our customer service staff. If you would like to discuss the renaming, please send an e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing your name
You may change your Character name by purchasing a Name Change Form from our webstore.
Changing your Clan emblem
Clan Emblems within Fallen Earth™ will not be changed for any reason, unless there is a verified bug related problem with them.
Edited by Tiggs, 03 August 2011 - 12:07 PM.