276 replies to this topic

liloldme

liloldme

Clan Tour Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10
I tried the work around for the district connection issue and it still doesn't work, anything else i can try?
Thx to sharky for the sig
I have lived my life, to the best of my ability but i have not been able to escape fate, anger or pain.....
Bring me the answer's and the road that lead's to truth. Reveal to me once and for all how all of this will end....

Ezio Auditore da firenze

MeuMeuLeBigleu

MeuMeuLeBigleu

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Here's a workaround that helps low end computers with 32bits and low memory, and helps with the memory issues, that worked for me and a few others out there :

Add ===> GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=2.2 <=== to your APBMachineOptions.ini.

Hope this "trick" will help some of you! :)

Hughesy9mm

Hughesy9mm

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 28-March 11
What's the work around against the hackers that punkbuster is not banning?

plex

plex

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 30-August 11
Game is barely playable during pvp missions, players won't show red until they shoot. They can be 2m from me and in direct line of sight and they often show neutral until they shoot.

Aeonboom

Aeonboom

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
Armas Marketplace Won’t Load

Issue:

The Armas Marketplace won’t load from within the game. You get a blank screen with a rotating load image.

Solution:

Unblock APB_Geckoprogram on your Firewall.

This doesn't do anything. I've even set all the files in the same folder to run as administrator...with no avail.
The Armas spinning loader, just spins infinitely.

SouthParkMGT

SouthParkMGT

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11
Can someone help me with performance issue? After 30 minutes the game is almost unplayable, I'm getting freezes for minutes. I have 4GB RAM (DDR2-800) and Win 7 SP1 x64. Sometimes alt-tab help for some time. Maybe it's because of my video (GeForce 9600 GT 512MB VRAM)? Also, CPU is Core 2 Duo E8200, HDD is Seagate with 7200 RPM and 320GB, internet connection speed is always 14 megabits per second.

Phenaren

Phenaren

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11
THANK YOU!!! I did the 3g fix and so far NO crashes *Crosses Fingers* APB is finally playable! haha

Ikeda

Ikeda

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
This isn't so much a technical issue or bug as much as it seems like a possible accident and seems like no one's noticed since I haven't seen any posts about it so I'll post it here. In case anyone hasn't noticed for some reason in the Armas Market the Carrying Kit body kits have a 30 day duration while all the other body kits have no duration. Was it a accident when adding it to the market or what? Posting it here because the thread i tried to post for it got buried behind other threads before it could be answered.

Crimson8890

Crimson8890

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 02-September 11
hey umm the link for 60004 has been closed can i post here maybe so i can get my guy back?

Xalon

Xalon

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 02-September 11
PunkBuster fix didnt work for me before will try again :L

TheChaosKing

TheChaosKing

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 03-September 11
Anyone know a fix for this ? Posted Image

DarkSuccubus

DarkSuccubus

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 29-June 11
So your saying your to lazy to fix the game.

How about this for a Solutions. Do your job.

arpanator

arpanator

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11
Username arpanator
world joker NA
enoforcer

ghitchy2

ghitchy2

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-September 11
This game sucks. my character is naked, I can't find police, can't figure out co-op. glitchy as a mother, UI sucks balls. Just an overall piece of junk. I would never spend money on this gae in its current state.

MMOnkey

MMOnkey

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-September 11
HELP IT SAYS I CANT INITIALIZE PnkBstrBprogram! :) :flower:

arbhall

arbhall

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 11-September 11
I am having a spot of trouble with the game, the game installs and patches fine. But once the patcher is done and the game starts to load, it minimizes to the bottom on my window. When I click restore is minimizes again, if i leave my cursor over the tab i can hear the game, but i cant get into it.

What would you do to remedy this situation?

So far I have tried reinstalling, restarting, opening my firewall settings, and disabling my screensaver, nothing has worked so far. Please help.

Edited by arbhall, 11 September 2011 - 05:02 PM.

Wookin Puh Nub!!

arbhall

arbhall

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 11-September 11
I could play for a few hours yesterday, but this afternoon when I tried to log in the game minimized itself and refuses to go back to full screen. Can't play, cause the game itself wont sit at full screen.
Please respond soon.
Wookin Puh Nub!!

BananaMartyr

BananaMartyr

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 14-September 11
Vista
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
RAM: 6.0 GB
Graphics cards: GeForce GTS 250 x2

Did Can You Run It and maxed the settings.

First I had trouble downloading the installer, had to keep stopping it via the processes and restarting it until it finished, found that solution by searching around. Next the game let me in for a minute or so and kicked me out with some problem with Punk Buster, when I tried to come back, it would just get stuck and freeze at loading district. I managed to fix that by messing with more crap and I got a new patch outta nowhere to finally let me back in.

Now my problem is the game locks up and crashes my entire computer anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple hours of playtime. If it just crashed the game, I wouldn't mind much and I'd just restart it but it's annoying as hell to have to hard restart my compy anytime it feels like going off. My drivers are ALL up to date, I did that 3gb switch that was recommended even though I have a 64bit. Same as everybody else, I've never had trouble like this with other high end games, especially the complete computer crashing, it sucks.

More detail on it is that the screen freeze shutters and music starts skipping around when it happens but I don't think it's overheating because it comes out of nowhere, game runs perfectly fine until then and it can turn off in 5 minutes from a freshly turned on compy, or play for hours on one I've been playing other games on all day. If anybody finds a solution, I'd be really happy. Great game, sucky stability.

Edited by BananaMartyr, 14 September 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Nabuh

Nabuh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Joined 14-September 11
It's the first time that happens to me, and it's connected to the latest patch. After the update, at connecting it says that my client version's differs from the server's . Any advice ? ( Error 10001 )

Nabuh/Nabuhris | Enf/Crim | 255/100+ | Gold | Citadel

Instanta

Instanta

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

It's the first time that happens to me, and it's connected to the latest patch. After the update, at connecting it says that my client version's differs from the server's . Any advice ? ( Error 10001 )

I have the same problem. :)

Nabuh

Nabuh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Joined 14-September 11

Vista

That is the major problem. Windows Vista, no matter of the version SUCKS, and is recommended to install either XP or 7. I thought that at that tank you have you would be more experienced in operating systems. Windows VISTA SUCKS greatly. Put everything else and it'll work better. Guaranteed. For example i have windows xp sp2 , 2.7 dual core, 3 gb ram ddr2-667, gt220 nvidia and it works smoothly at 1280x1024, high quality.

Nabuh/Nabuhris | Enf/Crim | 255/100+ | Gold | Citadel

BananaMartyr

BananaMartyr

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Joined 14-September 11
Wasn't asking for opinions on my operating system, I was asking for an explanation and or solution to why this is happening to so many people. Whether or not you think Vista is bad has nothing to do with why this isn't working unless it's proven.

My game runs completely fine on max settings, not overheating, doesn't stutter then out of nowhere it crashes, that'd be the problem, hasn't ever happened before. I lowered the settings to the lowest possible and it crashed even quicker :) Tried windowed mode, another 5-10 minute crash. It seems pretty random to me, sometimes goes for hours on a compy I've already been playing heavy games on for hours, sometimes it happens 5 minutes after I newly turn it on. I wish I could locate something similar (Other than being in the middle of missions, because I'm always in the middle of missions) that the crashes have in common.

I've heard something about soundcards could be the problem, what's with that?

POSSIBLE SOLUTION IF IT WASN'T ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD:
Yep well, turned off my sound card (SoundMax) from device manager, I played 3 times longer than I ever have, at least 5-7 hours straight (As opposed to 5min-2 hours). I'd say that seems to be a problem solved. First time I exited the game of my own free will.

Now playing without sound can be hard, but maybe other players need a handicap from me? :flower: Can't tell I'm being shot at until I'm bleeding or on fire or they blimp up on radar. It really needs to be fixed. Hope it helps somebody though, it really isn't so bad when you get used to it, kinda helps focus without sound or you can use an mp3 player. Not hearing cars about to run you over is about the worst thing.

Update: Just saying that it's still working flawlessly without the soundcard on, been playing for hours and hours at a time for a couple days with no problems.

Edited by BananaMartyr, 19 September 2011 - 04:33 AM.

flashrobin

flashrobin

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 18-September 11
farging connecting to district server.The support here fails this place should atleast have some type
of technical support system

MrVash

MrVash

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 25-August 11

That is the major problem. Windows Vista, no matter of the version SUCKS

You can't sit there and just blame windows vista for having an issue, if EVERYONE with vista had the issue then yes vista would have been the problem then could have came out with a patch for it.

But to voice your opinion on an operating system and saying IT SUCKS that's not really an answer for help lol.

I have windows vista and let me say there are pro's and con's. SAME with all operating systems it just depends on your personal preferences.

Before the update about a month ago... APB Worked PERFECTLY FOR ME. I mean perfectly.

Now whenever I try to load the game and get inside of the district. It disconnects me, sais I been disconnected, And then it crashes my router, It's not vista. It's the game other players had same problem as me, And im sure there are others who use vista and it works perfectly for.

If anybody finds a solution, I'd be really happy. Great game, sucky stability.

I agree, And the tech support here, I know there busy dealing with other stuff, But UPDATES woulbe nice to let them know what there trying to fix, what is the progress, I'm irritated i have had my problem now for a month I LOVED APB first week I played.

But now it just seems like.. Oh well, Yea we see your having a problem, Were gonna be attempting to fix it (1 month later no word) I even asked for updates just to see if they have had an idea on whats going on but nobody responded.) BUT Ill give them the benifit of the doubt and say there busy right now <3

No point in being rude, Screaming I WANT MY GAME FIXED lol ;P Guess ill camp out the wait and just hope i can get back in game soon <3

Edited by MrVash, 19 September 2011 - 08:32 PM.

K9ne

K9ne

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-September 11
for me its the market place it wont load for me at all and i tried the workround section and did all those things and it still wont work i have over 4k in g1 credits i want to use and have 40 days of premium left it is a waste to me and i already sent a complaint to support a few days ago and have not heard anything back yet.........it is really annoyin and is makin me not want to play like it worked no problem at all before this update came out and no it just keeps loading with that lil spinny thing please help me out i want to buy things for in game.................i am gettin really annoyed

Rylaji

Rylaji

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-September 11

IT BLOODY WORKED! So it's basically us who have shady windows versions, who have used RemoveWAT. :<
I just ran the scan, because I had an idea that was it. It started when I removed WAT, but I tried adding WAT again, but I still crashed..

So.. That fixes it. You're awesome for finding that post! I CAN PLAY AGAIN! SPREAD THE WORD!
Start -> CMD -> Run as administrator -> type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
Reboot, go buy windows, play APB! :)

"Go buy windows"? Is that your subtle way of saying cracking it again?

I tried everything and my fking game still hardllocks every 5 min. I cba with this really, and still not a word from GamersFirst about the issue.

I wont recommend this to any of my mates thats for sure.

swisha251

swisha251

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
for the 60004 error code I may have found a solution. Every time it crashes and my char gets stuck, all i had to do was switch chars on the same account and go to a action district, return to lobby, then switch back to stuck char and bam, i was unstuck from district. I was able to successfully unstick myself 3/3 times.

cheers,

swisha251

S.W.A.T. is recruiting. Submit an application HERE

scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 30-September 11
Hi all.

I bought a vehicle Display Point Token from the SystemAuction (Breakwater Galleria DCS, F) but it seems that anybody can activate it. I noticed that the Display Point in Marina Convention Center is locked to one specific person and can't be activated by anyone else so why is my Display Point open for anyone to use? It cost me 70,000APB$!!

Is this a known problem with purchased vehicle display points?

Thanks peeps.

I copy-and-pasta'd this from the thread I made, as it had like 30 views and no replies :)
Posted Image

Demosthenez

Demosthenez

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 23-March 11
Okay. I have played this game since RTW launch. Always worked fine for me.

Now since I haven't played in about a month, my launcher loads, I update the game rather quickly but when I go to run the game nothing happens.

I look at my processes and I see APB but after about 10 seconds it just quits randomly. Not sure how to correct this, I have run repair and tried rebooting computer but nothing so far.

Never happened to me before.

Can someone tell me how to Upload my DXdiag. This is very strange and I dont see why it would just quit without anything coming up.

coaster45

coaster45

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 17-November 09
Help i cant log in it keeps saying error code 8 but the wired thing is i was playing fine about 10 mins ago and know when i try and login i get error code 8 please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neo123

neo123

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-October 11
Hello...i am having problems with only music sound while i am inside the car..i dont hear game's music or even imported music..please help

Travor

Travor

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
Posted Image i keep getting this error

Poadhf9

Poadhf9

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11
LOL! Does it really support Crossfire if rename APBprogram to Crysisprogram? Or is this just another bad joke from this mommyty community with noob programmers?

SixthFistHermit

SixthFistHermit

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 07-October 11
I keep getting an Error while I'm trying to load the launcher, this is what it said from my last attempt before posting here:

3 file download failed APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\APB_CharacterTool\Male\M_Facewear_Mask_Clown.upk:StatusDownload
APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\APB_CharacterTool\Male\M_Hair_Moustache_Functional_Fumanchu.upk:StatusDownload
APBGame\Content\Release\Packages\APB_CharacterTool\Female\F_Trousers_Combats_Enforcement_US.upk:

Any help with this Error would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance! (This is a repost from another topic on the 22nd)

xDWhale

xDWhale

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 22-October 11
Im having the District Disconnection Issues has anyone overcome It?

Arcon

Arcon

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 24-October 11
Ive had an issue connecting to the district server that may be connected to steam: After logging in using my g1 login data (steam was running but the game threw an error message when i tried to connect via steam) I created my 1st character, and tried to connect, after the district loading screen there was this nice "program x isnt working anymore"-windows message. I tried it again another time, and then another time with another character on another server, same thing.

Then I turned of steam and I actually could connect and finally play the game afterwards! Didnt try to reproduce the error since then though so maybe you want to test that a little more (having the game installed using the Gamers First LIVE! application while being logged in on steam at the same time, trying to play the game afterwards using the gamers first login data).

This may also be a double post, in that case please delete it. For some reason I got redirected to an error page when I tried to use the "Search topic" function on the forums... maybe you want to check that as well. Looks and feels like a great game, but i keep getting sent against ppl with higher threat lvls than me, and ive got an urge to throw grenades through open car windows, is that possible?

Edit: Tried it again without exiting steam -> crash | And to be clear, I guess this isnt connected to the district connection issues most people seem to have, I had that myself when trying to enter a district that was nearly full yesterday, this seems to be a completely differend problem.

Edited by Arcon, 25 October 2011 - 06:46 AM.

Zundrium

Zundrium

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-October 11
My main problem is audio stuttering.

Using Realtek audio HD (driver)

windows 7 ultimate x64
i7 processor
8 gb ram
nvidia geforce 540gtm

Any way to fix this?
I've seen more people with this problem.

Edited by Zundrium, 24 October 2011 - 11:54 PM.

THEKaaN

THEKaaN

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 26-October 11
APB team have a solution to armas logged in issue ?

Lazermatt

Lazermatt

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11
I have a radeon 6990 card on Win 7 64 and the work-around listed here to fix the crossfire issue doesnt work.. is there any plans to do anything about it? I really want to keep playing this game but so far I've got this problem, audio issues and the game doesnt even want to pick up my mic. It feels like GamersFirst really just want me to quit lol..

kushmiester

kushmiester

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
ENGLISH windows XP disconnect right after log in.

I log in, it works.... then immediately dc'es

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users