279 replies to this topic

Zhihti

Zhihti

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11
Ever since the patch, patch patch and patch patch patch...

I've been getting frequent crashes whit various error codes but all saying "general protection fault".

After over 100 crashes; I would say this all is somehow related to sounds. Enabling the radio brings the crashes more frequently but disabling it doesnt remove them. In pretty much all of the crashes there is cars crashing to each other or wall. Cars exploding or something else exploding. But that just a guess on my behalf.

Windows 7 reports combability problem with APBprogram. I tried combability mode for windows vista but that just altered the "general protection fault" error code but didnt remove the crashes.

How ever; What ever it is; It started on the last patches or the hotfixes... And it made the game pretty unstable; I'd say it goes whitout crash for 2 missions at avarage.

Running on AMD 1090T@3,6, 880G, 8GB 1600, ATI 6870/1GB... The audio is AMD High Definition...
- I have absolutely zero problems with other games; including new ones using dx11.

So is there any common fix for this or is there fix to this coming any time soon? Is there some file I can edit to get the unworking sounds/sound effects off?

Xyl1tol

Xyl1tol

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
I try to start APB it works fine for the part when the launcher comes out and after the launcher starts it says

APB Reloaded has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

I have Windows Vista 64 bit can anyone help me?

jamedog

jamedog

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 23-July 11

I try to start APB it works fine for the part when the launcher comes out and after the launcher starts it says

APB Reloaded has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is
available.

I have Windows Vista 64 bit can anyone help me?

did you try adding game to your firewall? i had a simaler problom

Hatsumiku

Hatsumiku

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5674 posts
  • Joined 10-February 11

http://forums.gamers...howtopic=202366 still LF> solution... =.='
Posted Image
APB Official Contests: "Won by a 1st grader, Judged by a 1st Grader (old team)"
http://www.twitch.tv/moemoekyunh
IGN: Hatsumiku (Joker) HATSUMIKUxEU (Obeya)

Xane

Xane

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-August 11

Armas Marketplace Won’t Load

Issue:

The Armas Marketplace won’t load from within the game. You get a blank screen with a rotating load image.

Solution:

Unblock APB_Geckoprogram on your Firewall.

I tried this, turned off the firewall completely, still hangs at the blank screen. Any other ideas how to fix it? I'd love to go premium.

Yup, same problem. Can't get it to work, and I'm super bummed cause I really want more than 3 decals on my clothes.

Armas will load the first time, but as soon as it gets to entering credit card info the screen freezes and I can't enter anything. Then, after I exit it won't load period, just the rotating loading screen.

This is pretty frustrating, as the workaround also didn't work for me.

Please, someone, helps us out.

Nladeswe

Nladeswe

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 20-May 10

Did you get my DxDiag? I only had it posted on that site for a day.

Hey i have this problem when i launch apb it allways says '' file not found C:/PROGRAM FILES/GAMERSFIRST/APB RELOADED/Binaries/APBprogram. '' Please help.

Rehmes

Rehmes

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11

Since this isn't listed here I'll add it and hope something is finally done about it because this issue has been going on since APB was run by RTW.

There is a bug that causes your whole PC to hard lock at random, the only way of getting out of it is to force restart your PC by holding down the power button. This makes the game almost unbearable to try to play. My PC just hard locked 5 times today because of this crap and it only has this issue with APB.

Some people say the issue is caused by Punkbuster having issues with Realtek soundcards..... except I have a Via HD soundcard so that's obviously not it. All my drivers are up to date, I've tried about 10 different supposed work arounds people have mentioned in different threads and none of them have worked for me. My PC uses Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit so it's not the OS. I have 4 GB of ram so would hope it isn't a ram issue since I have 64 bit instead of 32 bit.

Can someone in G1 please do something about this issue? It's frustrating enough to play APB with the lag spikes without having to fully restart your PC at random because of some bug that should of been fixed before APB was relaunched.

If it's a Punkbuster issue contact the people who run Punkbuster about it. If they can't fix it I'd suggest dropping Punkbuster and getting some other anti-hacking tool or better yet hire a full active GM team to watch for hackers.

I have the same problem.. Hard-lock and no responses at all and if I try to wait for an error report my pc closes.
I also had this on another game known for the same issue.
Tried all fixes, memtests and tests. Nothing worked.
Here's my dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/zq3bbfLQ
I've disabled the realtek in bios and replaced it with a usb sound card. Also no effect.

Edited by Rehmes, 12 August 2011 - 11:45 AM.

PsychoRin

PsychoRin

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Game Update 1.5.2 (117)
"The World List should now display premium only worlds at the bottom."

Dear G1,

Not sure if this can be considered a technical issue, but I just went into APB twice to check, and I don't see the new premium only worlds. There are only the 4 original servers (Joker, Colby, Obeya, Patriot). I'm playing from Asia, so you can see why I'm pretty excited about the new Hong Kong server. I still have 16 days of premium service left, so I don't understand why the new worlds are not showing up.

I would like to know if this is a bug that only happens to a few of us, or if the new worlds are still inaccessible?

Anyway, good work so far, and looking forward to playing on the new server :)

Roses are red, violets are blue. You got your mind farged, boo hoo hoo.

PsychoRin

PsychoRin

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
I just logged in to check again, now I can see the Hong Kong server, though it says the server is still offline. I will check back a couple of hours later.

Keep up the good work! :)

Roses are red, violets are blue. You got your mind farged, boo hoo hoo.

Dannytj

Dannytj

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
Hi, I'm new to this Apb reloaded, But When i Connecting to district I either Crash then or I go into financial and i crash Does any one know why its happening?

Renge

Renge

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11
i have been playing the game for few weeks now and all os a sudden it wont allow me to enter the districts it just keeps staying on the connecting screen ive tryed to download the resent PB version but didten help anyone got some ideas?
Posted Image

Carpathian thug

Carpathian thug

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11
I greet all! I much where about it already wrote, but perhaps I will write here again, it is superfluous will not be. After the last update many people as well as at me had an error "WORLD ENTER FAILED", it is impossible to get to a window of a choice of areas any character, I play the server the Patriot. I was directly on mission in game when without the prevention the server was disconnected, through a floor of day I have started game both updating has begun to rock, and this problem, and at very considerable quantity of the people, many of which about a premium has begun an account. Why it has occurred? And when it will be corrected? We cannot already enter three days into game!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Error code World Enter Failed
Character: UrsulaRex
Side: Criminal
Server: Patriot EU 2
My IP 93.153.234.194

Edited by UrsulaRex, 14 August 2011 - 11:48 AM.

SeiZon

SeiZon

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
Just one thing I think I should add to the list.

It's commonly known that APB can cause computer freezes, and there's a lot of different ones.
The one I'm getting, is where the computer freezes completely, with no sound, no mouse movement, no response from any inputs. This has developed to cause BSODs now, after the freeze.
I read on the forum, that this can be an issue of either Punkbuster or the Unreal Tournament engine and Realtek onboard soundcards, but as I have a SoundMAX card, I thought this didn't apply to me... But it did. After deactivating my sound-drivers, I didn't get any freezes or BSODs anymore.

So if you are experiencing the same thing as me, freezes in any way, you should try disabling ALL, (emphasis on the ALL, as you will also have to deactivate recording-drivers, if those are separate on your computer), sound-drivers, no matter what brand.
At least I can play now.. But without sound, and that's really not the way to "fix" things, is it? Neither is being forced to buy new hardware to play a game.

SnackbarJones

SnackbarJones

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Joined 06-July 11
^ You mention you have a soundmax sound card, this is an add in card I take it. Do you have on board sound? If so you still may need to disable it for the crash to disappear.

You can also try to update audio drivers, if this doesn't work try reverting to 2 prior to the latest. That sometimes fixes odd bugs like this.

Edited by SnackbarJones, 15 August 2011 - 12:41 PM.

"I'm storing this post in the "How to look like a total d0uche without really trying" category. " - Neume

Join the Tactical Respawn list. Show your support by joining the list.
And linking to it in your signture.

"I saw "Batman" in obeya yesterday, however I am 99% positive it wasn't the actual Bruce Wayne." -Barnarner

Rehmes

Rehmes

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11

So if you are experiencing the same thing as me, freezes in any way, you should try disabling ALL, (emphasis on the ALL, as you will also have to deactivate recording-drivers, if those are separate on your computer), sound-drivers, no matter what brand.
At least I can play now.. But without sound, and that's really not the way to "fix" things, is it? Neither is being forced to buy new hardware to play a game.

Well good for you. I wouldn't watch tv on mute nor play a game on mute. So it's not a fix.

^ You mention you have a soundmax sound card, this is an add in card I take it. Do you have on board sound? If so you still may need to disable it for the crash to disappear.

You can also try to update audio drivers, if this doesn't work try reverting to 2 prior to the latest. That sometimes fixes odd bugs like this.

I've allready tried 2 different sound cards with the different update drivers there is. Realtek and creative sound blaster SB play. Also disabled in bios and used a driver remover.

SeiZon

SeiZon

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

It's onboard.

Well good for you. I wouldn't watch tv on mute nor play a game on mute. So it's not a fix.

Did you even read my whole post? My last lines were:
"But without sound, and that's really not the way to "fix" things, is it? Neither is being forced to buy new hardware to play a game."
So I kinda never said it was a fix.

Rehmes

Rehmes

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11

It's onboard.

Did you even read my whole post? My last lines were:
"But without sound, and that's really not the way to "fix" things, is it? Neither is being forced to buy new hardware to play a game."
So I kinda never said it was a fix.

Must have missread it somehow.
Found this http://forum.ea.com/...ist/436128.page which has somethings I havn't tried yet. Dunno when I'll get time trying it out but there could be something there.

SeiZon

SeiZon

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

Must have missread it somehow.
Found this http://forum.ea.com/...ist/436128.page which has somethings I havn't tried yet. Dunno when I'll get time trying it out but there could be something there.

I'll give it a whirl right now. I'll report back.

SeiZon

SeiZon

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
IT BLOODY WORKED! So it's basically us who have shady windows versions, who have used RemoveWAT. :<
I just ran the scan, because I had an idea that was it. It started when I removed WAT, but I tried adding WAT again, but I still crashed..

So.. That fixes it. You're awesome for finding that post! I CAN PLAY AGAIN! SPREAD THE WORD!
Start -> CMD -> Run as administrator -> type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
Reboot, go buy windows, play APB! :)

Edited by SeiZon, 18 August 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Drexxxx

Drexxxx

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-August 11
Could not download and copy 'EnvironmentGame.ini' file for region
'No Region (NO)' in to place. However, a version downloaded in a
previous session may still be in place.

How do i fix this ?

Rehmes

Rehmes

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11

IT BLOODY WORKED! So it's basically us who have shady windows versions, who have used RemoveWAT. :<
I just ran the scan, because I had an idea that was it. It started when I removed WAT, but I tried adding WAT again, but I still crashed..

So.. That fixes it. You're awesome for finding that post! I CAN PLAY AGAIN! SPREAD THE WORD!
Start -> CMD -> Run as administrator -> type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes.
Reboot, go buy windows, play APB! :)

It's nice that it worked for you. However read the last pages on the thread I've sent as well. There may not be a reasson to go pay to play. However supporting is always a nice thing to do.

My scannow however didn't work so I might have to wipe windows completly and reinstall and maybe look on the last page of that link. Cheers.

Punisher999

Punisher999

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-August 11
Hy! I have 2gb ram in my pc, and the windows see only 1,7 gb. I can use this? : Frequent Crashes

Issue:

Most frequent crashes are due to 32-bit operating systems not allocating enough RAM to the game regardless of how much RAM is on your PC.

Potential Solutions:

•Upgrade to a 64-bit operating system.
•3 GB+ switch on a 32-bit OS:

◦Click here to learn how to perform the 3GB switch

AltimaNEO

AltimaNEO

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1061 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11
I get a constant issue where if Im running the game in windowed mode and click on another window, and then return to APB, it will freeze up. After about a minute it comes back. Except when Im in the character select menu, it freezes up to the point where I have to close the game and start it up again.

Running Windows 7 x64
i7 2600k
Radeon HD 6950 2GB

so my system shouldnt be an issue.

Edited by AltimaNEO, 21 August 2011 - 12:18 AM.

nickhamma

nickhamma

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-August 11
I still get stuck on the "connecting to district server" part. im new to this game but i havent been able to play it at all cause of this problem. i hope these problems are resolved soon

sharper

sharper

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 28-July 11
:)

Hi this is my problem it is solving this forum I read every day thanks in advance for the answer

Compiled by Czech dictionary I apologize in advance for text

http://imageshack.us...7/errorapb.png/

Derpy101

Derpy101

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
I'm not exactly sure why but when I install APB:R it seems to have a Client manifest error. I fixed the Enviroment.Ini and it just started to crash after I fixed the patch server offline error. I keep clicking repair but nothing works is there a solution?

georgewesker97

georgewesker97

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 21-August 11
Hi. I have this problem. I managed to run APB twice and now when I click on a start button and the circle on the mouse rotates for a while but nothing appears. I checked in Task Manager and there are two APB processes running while the circle rotates and when the circle stops they disappear. I am using a 64-bit Windows 7 do you have any idea how to fix my problem?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz
GPU: ASUS ENGTS250 1GB GDDR3
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB 1600MHz Blu CL9

MTH

MTH

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-August 11
Code 60004
Character got stuck
Name: MTH
Faction: Criminal
World: Financial

Edited by MTH, 22 August 2011 - 08:01 PM.

GrueKun

GrueKun

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 22-August 11

Issue:

Most frequent crashes are due to 32-bit operating systems not allocating enough RAM to the game regardless of how much RAM is on your PC.

Potential Solutions:
[list]
[*]Upgrade to a 64-bit operating system.
[*]3 GB+ switch on a 32-bit OS:

Installing more memory won't change the fact that the general memory limit per 32 bit process is around 2GB (sometimes 3GB, depending on the configuration), even in a 64-bit environment.

[rant]
The fact that the software even gets close to this limit in anyway is absurd. My system can run this game smoothly for about an hour, then I usually end up with terrible stuttering unrelated to my connection followed by a freeze of the game unless I restart it. It's always as the game starts to near its memory cap. I have 4gigs of RAM as it is, and I typically exit any memory consuming processes before starting this game knowing how memory hungry it is. It never helps.

I understand its a cutting edge game, using a modern game engine and all. So are the three dozen other modern games I run in my collection, none of which ever give me such issues.
[/rant]

That being said, my specs for reference:
Windows 7 Professional x64
AMD Phenom II X2 @ 3.65ghz (which is stable as a rock, if anyone asks)
^COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 CPU Cooler
2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM
Zotac Nvidia GTS 250 Graphics Card. GDD3, 256-bit, 512-MB, PCI-e
^ Zalman solid copper GPU cooler.

Thank you.

Edited by GrueKun, 22 August 2011 - 08:58 PM.

VoidShark

VoidShark

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

Ever since the patch, patch patch and patch patch patch...

I've been getting frequent crashes whit various error codes but all saying "general protection fault".

Windows 7 reports combability problem with APBprogram. I tried combability mode for windows vista but that just altered the "general protection fault" error code but didnt remove the crashes.

How ever; What ever it is; It started on the last patches or the hotfixes... And it made the game pretty unstable; I'd say it goes whitout crash for 2 missions at avarage.

So is there any common fix for this or is there fix to this coming any time soon? Is there some file I can edit to get the unworking sounds/sound effects off?

Very Important bug
General protection fault, Please developers, put this bug on the top 10 problems to solve

Players even try to get theories of what is that returned bug.
But still these suckers(Game devs) don't even explain us What the hell is that bug !!
Do they even know what is that returned "fault" is ?

I really think that the firsts developers coded so well their game that G1 doesnt farging know what code is it.

P.S.: Gamers-First <<< Read carefuly this name; look at APB:R's status. think. Nice joke huh ?

Edited by VoidShark, 23 August 2011 - 06:29 AM.

Ill be there as long as the game devs are laying on their asses doing nothing about their game(Expect yelling when we hack their market place LOLILOL)

GrueKun

GrueKun

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 22-August 11

Very Important bug
General protection fault, Please developers, put this bug on the top 10 problems to solve

Players even try to get theories of what is that returned bug.
But still these suckers(Game devs) don't even explain us What the hell is that bug !!
Do they even know what is that returned "fault" is ?

I really think that the firsts developers coded so well their game that G1 doesnt farging know what code is it.

P.S.: Gamers-First <<< Read carefuly this name; look at APB:R's status. think. Nice joke huh ?

General protection faults occur when a program attempts to access memory it was not allocated, or in this instance, when it runs out of memory. They know what it is, they just have to optimize the game better to alleviate the problem.

VoidShark

VoidShark

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

General protection faults occur when a program attempts to access memory it was not allocated, or in this instance, when it runs out of memory. They know what it is, they just have to optimize the game better to alleviate the problem.

Ok Sorry for the flaming and thanks for the info.

But still the majority of the codes used in a game such a C returns "segmentation fault", wich is much more explicit. So i really dont see any good reason for changing it's name.
I think you have 73% chances to be right.
Also i would have said "they have to make it better" instead of "they are trying to optimize"

i still dont like them.

Edited by VoidShark, 23 August 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Ill be there as long as the game devs are laying on their asses doing nothing about their game(Expect yelling when we hack their market place LOLILOL)

BigMistake

BigMistake

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 12-March 11
I keep getting kicked by Punkbuster because I "lose key packets". Anybody else have this problem? Reinstalled PB 3x now ...

EDIT: Happened again. Getting really fargING pissed off!

Edited by BigMistake, 23 August 2011 - 01:10 PM.

Scrimm

Scrimm

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11
Every time I attempt to log in I receive Error Code 4 and I have rechecked my password and email several times and reset it as well. Eventually I decided to create another account and still received the same error

VoidShark

VoidShark

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

I keep getting kicked by Punkbuster because I "lose key packets". Anybody else have this problem? Reinstalled PB 3x now ...

EDIT: Happened again. Getting really fargING pissed off!

It must come from your internet connection, you may be loosing some few seconds of connections wich makes that all the packets aren't sent in time. Punkbuster doesnt care about that. they should be aware that the Server has to Change for the client, not the client for the server.

Solution ---> Take off punkbuster because this Cowdoodoo isn't a anti hack, its just a Popup, it sucks as APB's game devs mom's do suck a donkey muscet

kukki

kukki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3230 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
I just had a general protection fault error, what doesnt happen to me very often. I started game again, and instantly received such error

Result failed
at c:\work\apb\branches\versions\1-5-2\1-5-2_gouda\development\src\d3d9drv\src\d3d9device.cpp:869
with error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

now i get this error every time i start the game, when that apb loading screen disappears, and the game is about to launch

P.S. im using apb . exe, not launcher, cause of apbcompat.ini tweakings. ive been doing it for about 400 hours and it never caused problems b4

EDIT . i restarted my pc, everythings fine, its wrong topic 2, prbbl, sry ^^

Edited by Imehiel, 26 August 2011 - 04:09 AM.

fnmod_character_aircontrol.png

Zeanous

Zeanous

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 18-June 11
the armas market place dose not work for me at all. i tryed the workaround but it dose not work or i dont know how to do it some instructions would be nice im on windows 7 64bit

insaniusLegend

insaniusLegend

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11
i'm getting error 9 code (my acc suposedly is used from somewhere else)

i was just getting my outfit costumized whit those ,,pictures'' and just get kkicked out

what the hell?? and i was thinking on getting the premium whit car parts and wepons tommorow lol

someone tell me what to do (my e-mail: stefpista@gmail.com)

Edited by insaniusLegend, 28 August 2011 - 02:40 AM.

kukki

kukki

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3230 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
erorr code 10004, cant login in my acc.

i was transferring group to another instance, got disconnected and when i tried to log in again i get 10004

EDIT: its ok now O-o

Edited by Imehiel, 28 August 2011 - 02:36 AM.

fnmod_character_aircontrol.png

insaniusLegend

insaniusLegend

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-August 11
getting error 9 code (my acc suposetly used somwhere else, WTTF ???)

was getting outfit costumized and got kiked out

fix this or tell me what to do plz (my e-amail: stefpista@gmail.com)

Edited by insaniusLegend, 28 August 2011 - 02:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users