Photo

True FPS Config

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
Ok il go into more detail later, but using the same trick from apb rtw u can edit you appcompat file (located @ "C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config\APBCompat.ini") and turn bloom off (the bloom setting in game only remove partial bloom, not all of it) as well as if you lower all the MaxLOD settings from 4096 to like 1024 or 512 you will gain even more frames (game will look like poo, and removing bloom makes the game ALOT darker). 99% of configs being posted here are just basic setting tweaks, they dont modify lods or anything else.

every time u start the apb launcher it will write over any change you make to the configs, so the trick is start the launcher, copy/paste over your new config, and start the game(or not use the launcher at all). U will notice there are 5 AppBucket lines. each number referrers to a quality setting in apb, so appbucket 1 is min, 2 low, 3 medium and so on and so on. so if you edited say app bucket 1 (which is what i normally use to test) you have to make sure u set the in game quality to min, or none of your changes will apply. ANOTHER NOTE, DO NOT change to or from your custom graphics while in game. if u need to change them do it at the login, hit esc/video/ and change to your appbucket there. changing to or from a custom app bucket in game without bloom and lower maxlods will cause the game to crash. ALSO MAKE SURE U CHANGE THE GRAPHICS SETTINGS BEFORE U ADD THE CONFIG FILE! Or when u change the settings u will just overwrite my config.

after fooling around and getting most most my maxlods down to anything between 512 all the way as low as 64 iv gotten the game to run @ 25-30fps constant on my girlfriends 8500 nvidia. I WARN YOU, THE GAME WILL LOOK VERY UGLY, almost as bad as a ps2 or n64 game, but your performance will be thro the roof. its will probable take you a few trys to get everything set just right, but once you do it will pay off performance wise. as for worries about if this is bannable/or illiget me and MANY others did this in apb rtw to get more fps from are older rigs and never got kicked,banned, and even had a few rtw staff talk to us about the setting we were modifying and ways to get even more performance out of it, so id say its safe (aswell as my gf has been using this config for 5 days now without issue). editing ini's has never resulted in a ban UNLESS u change stuff that will effect gameplay, keep it to just video setting (and dont remove wall textures) and its all good. Also me and my friends have been using these configs since reloaded beta start and no issues have arisen

If at any point during your tweaking you run into a problem, just delete the file from your apb folder and the next time u launch apb it will re download the correct files. I will post screen shots (and a config to use) shortly to give u a diea of how massively u can change how this game runs and looks

Girlfriends rig has a 2.3ghz dual intel and a 8500 Nvidia, 4 gigs ram. THESE SCREENSHOTS WHERE TAKEN ON MY RIG, NOT MY GIRLFRIENDS. also the game on min without my tweaks she got 5-8fps with the very odd jump to 10-15 when like looking down

APB_2011-05-07_21-37-20-63.jpg:Posted Image Default maxed no AA - Girlfriends rig = 3fps

APB_2011-05-07_20-29-51-07.jpg:Posted Image This is with maxlods set to 512. - Girlfriends rig = 13fps

APB_2011-05-07_20-37-56-25.jpg:Posted Image This is with maxlods set to 128. - Girlfriends rig = 15-16fps

APB_2011-05-07_22-54-31-77.jpg:Posted Image New 32maxlod, reduced cell distance, reduce shadow count. GAME LOOKS BAD bud great fps :) - Girlfriends rig = 24fps (this screenshot was taken at night compared to the others so thats why its so much darker, but the game DOES get darker the lower lods you go)

Config for 128 Maxlod @ http://www.fileserve.com/file/W5eweUU

File name: APBCompat.ini File size: 60.44 KB

Megaupload @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VFZ70QI7

Rapidshare @ https://rapidshare.c...2/APBCompat.ini

Config for 32maxlod and custom cell distances @ http://www.fileserve.com/file/UeX9a8D
File name: APBCompat.ini File size: 60.39 KB

megaupload @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XA3630JT

Rapidshare @ https://rapidshare.c...2/APBCompat.ini

TO USE THIS CONFIG start the game, set it to minimum graphics slider, close apb. start the apb launcher, let it load, copy/paste over my config and replace the current apbcompat there @ C:\Program Files (x86)\GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config\, hit start in the launcher to start the game. and done, should all be set, u will INSTANTLY notice a HUGE difference, if u dont, u messed something up and try again. remember, everytime u launch the launcher it rewrite your configs, so u ALWAYS have to copy over the file everytime u start the game (after u start the launcher of course). you can also just launch the game using the program and not the launcher.

ADDED for fun :ok here is a config with EVERYTHING doubled from default max. double cells, doubled lods, doubled shadows, turned high poly characters on. overall I dont see much of a deference, looks a tad better i guess.but that could just be my eyes. why dont you have a look. THIS USES APPBUCKET 5 SO YOU HAVE TO SET IN GAME QUALITY TO MAXIMUM.

Rapidshare @ https://rapidshare.c...8/APBCompat.ini REMEMBER this uses appbucket 5 so im game quality must be set to maximum

Megashare @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EX3ETZR0 REMEMBER this uses appbucket 5 so im game quality must be set to maximum

If your having trouble PM me and il give u my vent info and il go over some stuff with you there. THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU, I can promise at least 10% of people who try this will do it wrong and not notice a difference, if the game doesn't look my screenshots you did it wrong.

Edited by quickshot1010101, 13 July 2011 - 12:18 AM.

CoolMaster 690
Intel Sandy Bridge Quad i7 2600k 3.4ghz oc'ed to 4.7
8 gigs 1600mhz gskill ripjaws
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

Chronix

Chronix

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11
Or... You could stop being a tight wad and actually purchase an up-to-date system for about £500? After upgrading from 4GB to 8GB RAM I've had no more fps stutter. Gaming has moved on way after the 8500 and its not that expensive to get a good-ish system nowadays.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Or... You could stop being a tight wad and actually purchase an up-to-date system for about £500? After upgrading from 4GB to 8GB RAM I've had no more fps stutter. Gaming has moved on way after the 8500 and its not that expensive to get a good-ish system nowadays.

ROFLCOPTER read my sig, MY SYSTEM IS TOP NOTCH, if you think everyone has a system like mine your crazy. This is her college laptop, and it handles what its meant to due perfectly. You must be one of those retards who spends $500 for a computer to use word on...... sigh. Another idiot who does not even read a post before replying. I love how once again someone rages at me trying to help others, shows why this community is so horrid....

Edited by quickshot1010101, 12 July 2011 - 02:27 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

Willeee

Willeee

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 19-June 11
this really works i'm using the config for 128 maxlod hoping the 32 maxlod will really improve even more

thanks for this!

Edited by Willeee, 12 July 2011 - 07:38 PM.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

this really works i'm using the config for 128 maxlod hoping the 32 maxlod will really improve even more

thanks for this!

glad it helped :)

Edited by quickshot1010101, 13 July 2011 - 12:59 AM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

TheJuan

TheJuan

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 26-April 11
You have the same thread from this guy too.

They see me trollin'

They ragin'

Moderators tryna catch me writin' dirty

They ragin' so loud

I'm swanging

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

You have the same thread from this guy too.

Stolen, this was a post I made back in the closed beta. It was the first config of its type. and no changes have been made to my configs since then (this is just a repost on open beta). but feel free to check the date on my old post compared to his. its funny, after i posted about my config within 2 days 10 more posts appeared, giving me no credit or anything... kinda sad. there is a good chance his config may provide more fps, not sure never tried it, tho it does look good. but before me no one even knew u could edit lods. overall just use whatever config works best for you.

*edit* just tried his config, it works fantastic. would recommend it. I WILL SAY i crashed 2 times with his config (could be something on my side) but I never did with mine, so he may be pushing to low of settings. either way, use which ever works best for you :) glad to see others helping the community.

Edited by quickshot1010101, 13 July 2011 - 01:00 AM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

ViolentR

ViolentR

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11
128 maxlod works really well, keeps my ram usage down to a constant 1700mb :)!!
Posted ImagePatriot EU2
ViolentR - Enforcer
ViolentB - Criminal

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

128 maxlod works really well, keeps my ram usage down to a constant 1700mb :P!!

Glad it helped :)
CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
Working on a new config, testing it is going to take a bit, but i seem to have gained a few more fps from my old config. il repost the new config when im done :) i can lower screen fill % to 50% but damn the game look SO bad! so bad that u actually CANT see enemys more then 25m-45m away, not sure i can post it like this. im going to make another 'set' of configs tonight after work (should be posted tomorrow early morning.. 3am'ish) that will let u pick between the screen percentage. I am also going to spend a hour or so ADDING new command lines that are known to work with unreal games. its well known that even tho certain commands arnt listen in the config itself they still reside in the game and can be 'activated' accordingly. as i said give me some time, the fact i have to close and reopen apb every time i try something is making it very time consuming. i also need to leave the final configs open for atleast 20-30min running in district so i can see if any new commands cause a pb kick (so far they have not) but thats cause im not editing anything 'illiget'. there are many topics on pb forums and competitive forums about which commands are fine to use and which are not, and be assured im following them to a T

Edited by quickshot1010101, 13 July 2011 - 12:18 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

Rubeus

Rubeus

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
Changing max LOD does nothing for the Win64 + new GPU = bad performance bug.

It is a good idea though, and it does make the textures load quicker.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Changing max LOD does nothing for the Win64 + new GPU = bad performance bug.

It is a good idea though, and it does make the textures load quicker.

just depends, if i drop lods below 64 on my 6850x2 yea it get a weird performance bug, my fps are over 150 but it feels, um choppy i guess, its weird. but on low end cards iv seen people go as low as 24 lods without gaining the weird performance bug. like i stated above these configs wont work for everyone, but if u tweak them a tad yourself u should find that sweet spot. and yea lods really effect load times and ram usage. but may i ask, if u have a new gpu why the heck are u using these configs anyways :) ? these are for low end users. you should try my 'doubled lods' config. I couldn't see a difference in performance hit or graphics but maybe you will. text does come out a tad more clear 'i think' keep in mind the doubled lod config was made in closed beta BEFORE they changed the default compression. so u will have to disable that yourself to get the full glory of apb.

Edited by quickshot1010101, 13 July 2011 - 03:02 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

NitroD

NitroD

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11
Do you know how to lower the Color Quality ?

I saw a similar thread like this, it turned the game almost into an N64 One, The guy changed the color quality from 64 bit ( i think thats the main APB's color quality, if not its 32) to 16 bit, That increases Fps .... but i cant find that option nowhere in the Ini, also maybe lowering the Resolution but i cant find it neither

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Do you know how to lower the Color Quality ?

I saw a similar thread like this, it turned the game almost into an N64 One, The guy changed the color quality from 64 bit ( i think thats the main APB's color quality, if not its 32) to 16 bit, That increases Fps .... but i cant find that option nowhere in the Ini, also maybe lowering the Resolution but i cant find it neither

if your talking about the OLDOLDOLD post from rtw days, thats the config i worked with. and yes, he did a AMAZING job, it was just TOOO ugly i couldn't use it :) if you take my 32 config and lower all the lods and put them down to 4, then basically the configs are identical. tho at least with my setup having lods that low caused some issues, feel free to give it a try. also there are a total of 4 editable ini's. the one posted here is not the ini with that option. i 'think' without checking its the engine ini or engine options or something like that. its the same ini that u can use to uncap fps. when my gf isnt behind me nagging me il post the file name.

Edited by quickshot1010101, 14 July 2011 - 08:25 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
yea i cant seem to find it either. i swear it used to be in the file APBengine ini but its not anymore that i can see (u can still uncap fps). u could easly just force 16bit color through your graphics controller. have a look through the ini's and search for depth or color. but if its that colorless ugly blotchy config which i be leave he titled 'config looks worse then ps2' from rtw yea he did it using lods. and beside, back in the day switching from 32 bit color to 16 did offer a fps gain, now adays it doesnt. you will be lucky if it even gains u 5%, and it will look like garbage. also alot of games now adays especially on windows 7 run WORSE in 16bit then 32bit. just a fyi

Edited by quickshot1010101, 14 July 2011 - 08:34 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

NitroD

NitroD

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

yea i cant seem to find it either. i swear it used to be in the file APBengine ini but its not anymore that i can see (u can still uncap fps). u could easly just force 16bit color through your graphics controller. have a look through the ini's and search for depth or color. but if its that colorless ugly blotchy config which i be leave he titled 'config looks worse then ps2' from rtw yea he did it using lods. and beside, back in the day switching from 32 bit color to 16 did offer a fps gain, now adays it doesnt. you will be lucky if it even gains u 5%, and it will look like garbage. also alot of games now adays especially on windows 7 run WORSE in 16bit then 32bit. just a fyi

I Can barely run the game with your 32 LOD Config, Sometimes i get Stutters but avg fps its 27 or 25....
But i think thats because i need another RAM , and im probably swtiching back to Windows XP
Because i just have 1 gig of RAM, also, i think APB requieres a Dual Core processor with 2.4 GHZ and mine has 2.0 so Yeah i need 400 MHz more, but i think that just with another RAM and ur config and Running in XP ill get a decent Gameplay.

EDIT: Can i lower the Resolution ? Like in this Video

Edited by NitroD, 14 July 2011 - 09:43 PM.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

I Can barely run the game with your 32 LOD Config, Sometimes i get Stutters but avg fps its 27 or 25....
But i think thats because i need another RAM , and im probably swtiching back to Windows XP
Because i just have 1 gig of RAM, also, i think APB requieres a Dual Core processor with 2.4 GHZ and mine has 2.0 so Yeah i need 400 MHz more, but i think that just with another RAM and ur config and Running in XP ill get a decent Gameplay.

EDIT: Can i lower the Resolution ? Like in this Video

1 gig ram wont EVER run apb well, even if u had the best quad core and gpu 1 gig of ram would bottleneck you
CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

NitroD

NitroD

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

1 gig ram wont EVER run apb well, even if u had the best quad core and gpu 1 gig of ram would bottleneck you

Okay but what about the processor ? , i dont think that just upgrading my RAM will do it, i need 400 MHz , Overclock Maybe?..

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Okay but what about the processor ? , i dont think that just upgrading my RAM will do it, i need 400 MHz , Overclock Maybe?..

nope u could have a 7ghz dual core, wouldnt matter, u need the extra threads that u get from a quad core or hyper threading (tho hyper threading is just 'fake' threads). apb is thread intensive.
CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

Natalia

Natalia

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1451 posts
  • Joined 01-June 11

Or... You could stop being a tight wad and actually purchase an up-to-date system for about £500?

Oh look. Another person who fails to realize that not everyone has money to throw around.
| NA West (Colby) | Enforcer Marcella | Criminal Natalia | Threat Silver 5ish |
Not playing APB:R. See my profile for details.

Yofui

Yofui

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 27-June 11
Hi, wanted to let everyone know. I tried the "Config for 128 Maxlod" and I got an immediate boost, about 10 more fps.

Before the config, my FPS would like to hang out at around 15 to 30 fps, now it runs around 25 to 40. The game world was noticeably dark after the change, so I increased the brightness and everything looks OK. I also noticed that I can smoothly swing camera 360 degrees without it stuttering now, which is also pretty cool. Thank you for help.

Windows 7 64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400
4 GB RAM, DDR 400
160 GB HDD, 7200 RPM
Geforce GTX 460

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Hi, wanted to let everyone know. I tried the "Config for 128 Maxlod" and I got an immediate boost, about 10 more fps.

Before the config, my FPS would like to hang out at around 15 to 30 fps, now it runs around 25 to 40. The game world was noticeably dark after the change, so I increased the brightness and everything looks OK. I also noticed that I can smoothly swing camera 360 degrees without it stuttering now, which is also pretty cool. Thank you for help.

Windows 7 64
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400
4 GB RAM, DDR 400
160 GB HDD, 7200 RPM
Geforce GTX 460

Glad it helped :)
CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

WakeWorkRepeat

WakeWorkRepeat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 30-April 11
24 fps is still absoloutely dreadful. I'd never play under 40.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

24 fps is still absoloutely dreadful. I'd never play under 40.

yes, but for my gf it lets her customize a toon (which is all she wants to do). for someone allrdy getting 20-30fps it should bring u past 30. also go watch the dev videos from a while ago, the devs only got 20-30fps. so 30+ is fine. i agree with u that personally i dont like playing below 60 or 125fps, hence my beefy rig, but some people are just happy to play, they dont care about there fps

Edited by quickshot1010101, 17 July 2011 - 08:57 AM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

LoadBomb

LoadBomb

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 06-June 11

> stuff <

I play the game at the default settings when i installed it, runs at 32-60fps
I have Q6700 2.6ghz @ 1050mhz fsb
Windows 7 Pro 64
ATI 5830 1GB
8GB of DDR2
Installed on a 1TB SATA 7200

Theres no ddr3 no xfire/sli no install on a soild state drive and no 16/32GB of ram so i dont think my rig is top of the line as it could be but its at least able to play the game normally. Im not running a core i this or amd 6 core that also my ram is last generation and i dont remember what the bus on that is running at.

my proccessor isn't overclocked either.

so i think like 60% of all of that is just having enough ram avalible for the game and the system and a who bunch of extra

The only Oh Wow thing my system has is as Coolermaster HAF-932 case and a coolermaster cpu cooler thats like a big piece of aluminum and has two 140mm fans on it.

maybe it has to do with over heating and having plently of ram. i dunno just though i would add my info in to help you out on figuring where your fps issue is.

But i would say put 8GB+ and make sure your OS supports it.

quickshot1010101

quickshot1010101

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

I play the game at the default settings when i installed it, runs at 32-60fps
I have Q6700 2.6ghz @ 1050mhz fsb
Windows 7 Pro 64
ATI 5830 1GB
8GB of DDR2
Installed on a 1TB SATA 7200

Theres no ddr3 no xfire/sli no install on a soild state drive and no 16/32GB of ram so i dont think my rig is top of the line as it could be but its at least able to play the game normally. Im not running a core i this or amd 6 core that also my ram is last generation and i dont remember what the bus on that is running at.

my proccessor isn't overclocked either.

so i think like 60% of all of that is just having enough ram avalible for the game and the system and a who bunch of extra

The only Oh Wow thing my system has is as Coolermaster HAF-932 case and a coolermaster cpu cooler thats like a big piece of aluminum and has two 140mm fans on it.

maybe it has to do with over heating and having plently of ram. i dunno just though i would add my info in to help you out on figuring where your fps issue is.

But i would say put 8GB+ and make sure your OS supports it.

your cpu is by NO MEANS top of the line, it is actually low-medium end now. any i3-i5-i7-Bulldozer DESTROYS your cpu. sorry to say but as much as that cpu can run basically anything to date, on the scale of current cpu's its VERY low end. but even with your setup u should hold 60fps easy, so somethings up. is your gpu oc'ed. do u have AA on? i really find it hard to think that 2.6 quad is bottle-necking that system but it seems it might be. my buddie has nearly the same rig as u EXCEPT he has a i7 and ONLY a 5770. so his gpu is worse then yours but his cpu is better. he hold 62 fps without a problem. so id say its your cpu causing the issue atm. also ANY GAME will run with only 2gigs of ram, for absolutely no bottle-neck go 4gigs (apb likes 2.5GB+). anything over that games DONT NEED. 6-8-12 gigs is for video rendering and photoshop and doodoo, not gaming. also ddr2 SUCKS, ddr2 with a 5830 is kinda funny, really should go ddr3, also if u have a ddr2 mobo that scares me too. ddr3 has been standard for what.. 3-4 years now?

(also keep in mind 32-60fps maxed is VERY playable, be happy, tho that system should be pushing more)

Edited by quickshot1010101, 17 July 2011 - 03:02 PM.

CoolMaster 690
1gb ATI 6850 x2
Win7 64bit
Rogers high Speed 50/10

ThaTrip

ThaTrip

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
RAM does a lot in this game. Not the amount but DDR2 vs DDR3 is big.

Example:

My system:

Intel I7 920
12Gb RAM (6x 2048mb DDR3)
2x Ati 5770 in crossfire (disabled crossfire because had graphical issues with APB)
Windows 7 64 bits

As you can see my 1x ATI 5770 is not a really top line graphics card. If crossfire would work it would be faster then a 480GTX. But I have Crossfire disabled for APB so I run on 1 5770 card.
And with only 1 5770 I get a stable 62FPS (everything ingame set to maximum).
I have never lag, or FPS drops.

So why my weak single 5770 can run this game easily then. Compared to other players here having 58XX series ATI cards? Because of my memory :) I guess

But the reason I was checking this thread out is for a friend of mine.
He doesn't get over 30fps. And on Waterfront district he gets like 15fps max. He raging so much then. And stops playing then again.

So I hope this will help him out. Btw quickshot1010101 why I don't see your 512 config file up here as well.
You forgot to put the link in the OP I think

Edited by ThaTrip, 01 August 2011 - 02:04 AM.

Dracozirion

Dracozirion

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11

nope u could have a 7ghz dual core, wouldnt matter, u need the extra threads that u get from a quad core or hyper threading (tho hyper threading is just 'fake' threads). apb is thread intensive.

Wrong. They're real threads, just "fake" cores.
Desktop: i7 920 C0 @ 3.8GHz - 1,232V ~ Club3D 6950 Unlocked 880/1375/1.155V ~ 1920x1080 ~ 12GB - 1600MHz - 9-10-9-25 ~ Win7 Ultimate x64
Laptop
: i7 2630QM @ 0.8-2.9GHz ~ Nvidia Geforce 540M GT ~ 1600x900 ~ 8GB ~ Win7 Ultimate x64

Dracozirion

Dracozirion

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11

my buddie has nearly the same rig as u EXCEPT he has a i7 and ONLY a 5770. so his gpu is worse then yours but his cpu is better. he hold 62 fps without a problem. so id say its your cpu causing the issue atm. also ANY GAME will run with only 2gigs of ram, for absolutely no bottle-neck go 4gigs (apb likes 2.5GB+). anything over that games DONT NEED. 6-8-12 gigs is for video rendering and photoshop and doodoo, not gaming. also ddr2 SUCKS, ddr2 with a 5830 is kinda funny, really should go ddr3, also if u have a ddr2 mobo that scares me too. ddr3 has been standard for what.. 3-4 years now?

(also keep in mind 32-60fps maxed is VERY playable, be happy, tho that system should be pushing more)

Your "buddie" must be somewhat of a noobie, buying a 5770 and an i7. He should rather spend his money on a decent video card. Besides that, DDR2 doesn't suck as much. The RAM speed isn't very important. Also, DDR2 doesn't affect your GPU's performance. This can only be the case if memory remapping is allocating free RAM to your video card, but that won't be the problem with cards above 512MB VRAM. And it barely affects it.

Edited by Dracozirion, 01 August 2011 - 04:16 AM.

Desktop: i7 920 C0 @ 3.8GHz - 1,232V ~ Club3D 6950 Unlocked 880/1375/1.155V ~ 1920x1080 ~ 12GB - 1600MHz - 9-10-9-25 ~ Win7 Ultimate x64
Laptop
: i7 2630QM @ 0.8-2.9GHz ~ Nvidia Geforce 540M GT ~ 1600x900 ~ 8GB ~ Win7 Ultimate x64

L3vity

L3vity

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
thank you very much, really worked well. tho i did some modifications with your CFG and i got even more fps. your cfg file dropped only Bloom and few shadow parts ( and kept lights and few others things ) where i removed them and downgraded further. id uploade it if anyone wants.

and the MaxLOD editing was indeed good. appriciated.
Reset TL system, or remove it once and for all.

Spineeater

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11
This is underrated because many people thought TL;DR and didn't bother.

WE HAVE IT ALL TO OURSELVES >: 3
Ex-APB player. Currently laughing at APB Vendetta.
Posted Image

Elanye

Elanye

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-March 13
can somebody reupload the files?

BOGA50

BOGA50

Initiate

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 31-December 13
Upload File please?

I am getting 15 FPS with lowest Settings sometimes i get 5 fps ..

Can someone send me this Settings? E-Mail: memoli9450@hotmail.de

Deadliest

Deadliest

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13
Holy DDR 400 that ram is old

Posted Image
Computer Specs: CPU Intel core i5 4670k 3.4ghz MOBO MSI Z87 G45 Gaming mother board RAM 8 GB (4x2) DDR3 Corsair vengeance 1600 GPU Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Mouse G400s Keyboard Steelseries 6Gv/2