Photo

Mods for OBIR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Neonis

Neonis

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11
I was thinking HS3 for starters. Other than that I have no clue. Maybe IR or CJ? No idea.
Help. :)
RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran   -   T12/Gold for life; It is just a color though, not a representation of skill.

Enf:
Neonis - Joker [Elite Inc]
Neonis - Colby [Elite Inc Colby Division]

Crim:
Rozial - Joker [Joker Rejects]
Sorley - Joker [Third Street Gentlemen]

Fiance of Sadira

Protect yourself!

NAKURWIACZ

NAKURWIACZ

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
OBIR sucks

Neonis

Neonis

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11

OBIR sucks

Thanks for the help. >.>

I rock pretty well with it. Just started using it today and going to hit Marksman 5 soon and this is 97% OBIR kills. I used the SR15 for like one mission a week or so ago.

Edit: My list of used weapons will remain as: ALIG, OCA, N-HVR and OBIR. I just can't play well enough with the others.

Edited by Neonis, 01 June 2011 - 01:36 PM.

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran   -   T12/Gold for life; It is just a color though, not a representation of skill.

Enf:

Crim:

Fiance of Sadira

Protect yourself!

proxie

proxie

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2844 posts
  • Joined 13-February 11

OBIR sucks

Idiot.

You sould look into CJ, makes it leathal in CQC.

Criminal: Amie
EU2 - Patriot

Enforcer: Yatai
EU1 - Obeya

hekt0r

hekt0r

barnacle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11
The OBIR is already a very accurate weapon in marksman mode, so I haven't found Hunting Sight to grant much advantage.

Cooling Jacket would seem to be the best option to improve your TTK by reducing the time between bursts. Any OBIR user will intimate the details of the many failed encounters involving the almost dead opponent just begging for a final lovely burst. Mathematically, though, CJ makes such a minute difference that I doubt it's practicality.

The stock OBIR carrys 24 rounds. A full kill requires 3 bursts (9 rounds), meaning you can only get two full kills before reloading. Additional ammunition in the magazine (not clip, you uneducated blasphemers) can really improve your defensive capabilities. The cost though is making a slow reload.... painfully slower.

Conversely, a faster reload would be nice, and really won't affect your 2 full kill ability. As long as you don't miss. In more mobile situations I would prefer a faster reload to having a larger magazine. If you are spraying and praying with an OBIR you are doing it wrong.

Bandolier has always been kind of pointless, because most of the time you will either die and get fully reloaded, or there will be a lull in the fight and you can drop a field supply.

Three Point Sling has an obvious benefit for the OBIR, especially when you secondary the MURDERDEATHKILL NFA9 for CQC emergencies.

I would be interested to see how an OBIR could be improved in close and medium range by using reflex sight 3. There has not been much discussion of how much an impact on long range performance this set up would have. I am a long ways from unlocking this to test.

Draecor

Draecor

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
The obir is great. My main primary after the nl9. I suggest cj. This is the only mod I use atm in my one slot obir. After that, hs and rifling.
CPU: Q6600 2.4 @ 3.6
RAM: Corsair XMS2 4 gigs
GPU: Nvidia GTX 570
PSU: Corsair TX650W

East Coast Server (Joker)
IGN: DiZaRkY (Primary LTL Enforcer, Cop Rank 13)

Neonis

Neonis

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined 24-February 11

Idiot.

You sould look into CJ, makes it leathal in CQC.

The OBIR is already a very accurate weapon in marksman mode, so I haven't found Hunting Sight to grant much advantage.

Cooling Jacket would seem to be the best option to improve your TTK by reducing the time between bursts. Any OBIR user will intimate the details of the many failed encounters involving the almost dead opponent just begging for a final lovely burst. Mathematically, though, CJ makes such a minute difference that I doubt it's practicality.

The stock OBIR carrys 24 rounds. A full kill requires 3 bursts (9 rounds), meaning you can only get two full kills before reloading. Additional ammunition in the magazine (not clip, you uneducated blasphemers) can really improve your defensive capabilities. The cost though is making a slow reload.... painfully slower.

Conversely, a faster reload would be nice, and really won't affect your 2 full kill ability. As long as you don't miss. In more mobile situations I would prefer a faster reload to having a larger magazine. If you are spraying and praying with an OBIR you are doing it wrong.

Bandolier has always been kind of pointless, because most of the time you will either die and get fully reloaded, or there will be a lull in the fight and you can drop a field supply.

Three Point Sling has an obvious benefit for the OBIR, especially when you secondary the MURDERDEATHKILL NFA9 for CQC emergencies.

I would be interested to see how an OBIR could be improved in close and medium range by using reflex sight 3. There has not been much discussion of how much an impact on long range performance this set up would have. I am a long ways from unlocking this to test.

Thanks for the help, both of you. =D

Enf:

Crim:

Fiance of Sadira

Protect yourself!

NailbombAPB

NailbombAPB

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2525 posts
  • Joined 17-November 10
FYI, Cooling Jacket doesn't actually reduce the firing time between bursts, it increases the rate the 3 shots within a burst are fired. It's a bit farged, I know.
Nailbomb | TurnCough | ClayMorrow
Colby
"out from creation's core..."

Coreldan

Coreldan

For Freedom!

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8507 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11

FYI, Cooling Jacket doesn't actually reduce the firing time between bursts, it increases the rate the 3 shots within a burst are fired. It's a bit farged, I know.

Which is what I wrote earlier, ninja'd!

Even if it did, it would hardly be anywhere near good in CQB. It has a 1,1-1,2s TTK to like 80 meters or something. Even CJ3 wouldn't bump that low enough to be able to match stock N-Tecs 0,71s or STARs 0,75s TTK.

And when we think about the gains of CJ on an OBIR. The three shots come out faster. Gain: Close to none, they come out so fast already. Loss: More bloom - more shots missed.

Edited by Coreldan, 02 June 2011 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Core - Lieutenant Colonel | HIVE | Patriot

Coreldan - Battalion Commander | HIVE | Obeya
Visit us at wasp-inc.com and YouTube

NailbombAPB

NailbombAPB

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2525 posts
  • Joined 17-November 10

Which is what I wrote earlier, ninja'd!

haha it reminded me is all :)

but yes, ninja'd

Rifling is and always has been my option of choice for my 2 slot OBIR when I unlock it, the OBIR is deadly right up until that 90-100m threshold at which point it's damage seems to drop sharply. Last night roof camping (lawl) it took about 5 or 6 bursts to down an HVR user who was sitting just at the 100-103m range, could still hit him (even out of view and just watching for the red crosshair) but yeah it took a lot of bursts.

Edited by NailbombAPB, 02 June 2011 - 12:14 AM.

Nailbomb | TurnCough | ClayMorrow
Colby
"out from creation's core..."

Gosu

Gosu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11
I'm pretty sure hunting sight doesn't affect the obir much, or at all even. HS is unlocked by leveling up the riflemen role, which is gained with fully automatic rifles. HS put on assault rifles (ntec and star) makes the crosshair a bit smaller/more accurate when in marksmanship mode. I put HS3 on an obir and it does nothing to the crosshair. The crosshair is the same as in marksmanship mode with and without HS3.

As nailbomb stated, rifling is the best mod to put on an obir, imo. If you're shooting at someone really far away, the damage the obir deals out is less than usual. With rifling, the damage is the same as if they were ~5m in front of you. I'm working towards rifling 3 (or hoping it gets put up on the marketplace) and I'm about to unlock the 2-slot obir. Rifling is a must for me, now I'm just trying to find out what the second mod should be.

I'm leaning towards magazine pull, but there have been times when I take an opponent out with the last three rounds, right before they get behind cover. Extended mag would probably be better, giving you one or two more bursts. But the obir does reload pretty slow, and I'm not sure how much slower it would get. hektoror hit the nail on the head with bandolier; you'll have time to do the field supply. Heavy barrel reduced the damage, and I can compensate for the recoil pretty well, so that's off the list. Reflex sight might be nice, but I already have the PIG for cqc. Hunting sight doesn't help much if at all imo. I'm neutral on cooling jacket since I have no idea how it affects the obir, but it bursts fast enough as it is. Only thing left is 3-point sling which is always handy

Spudinske

Spudinske

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3297 posts
  • Joined 08-December 10
This might be a little far fetched, but wouldn't rs be of some help? Just think about it for a second. Ever since g1 has taken over, spread takes a significant longer time for crosshairs to zoom when you go marksmen mode. But if rs reduces the spread initially outside of it, it would require slightly less time to get the crosshairs on marksmen to zoom in. Allowing better CQC abilities.

Wonder if anyone understands.

Posted Image

OdinTGE

OdinTGE

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined 27-May 11

This might be a little far fetched, but wouldn't rs be of some help? Just think about it for a second. Ever since g1 has taken over, spread takes a significant longer time for crosshairs to zoom when you go marksmen mode. But if rs reduces the spread initially outside of it, it would require slightly less time to get the crosshairs on marksmen to zoom in. Allowing better CQC abilities.

Wonder if anyone understands.

I get what you're saying but doesn't RS also reduce the benefit of zoom? So it would get your crosshairs to their best zoomed in state faster but that state wouldn't be as good.

Posted Image

Torrential - Enforcer - Joker || Torrent - Criminal - Joker

Coreldan

Coreldan

For Freedom!

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8507 posts
  • Joined 26-January 11
Mmh, I'd figure the built-in downside outweighs the gain.

Posted Image
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Core - Lieutenant Colonel | HIVE | Patriot

Coreldan - Battalion Commander | HIVE | Obeya
Visit us at wasp-inc.com and YouTube