Graffiti? How do I do it?

12 replies to this topic

TheGoat

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
Simple question I hope someone can help me with. How do you, as a crim, spray graffiti, and how do you cover it up as an enforcer?

Do you need special equipment? Only possible in certain places? Do I just run up and hit the 'F' key?

Any help from the community would be appreciated.

The Rogue Wolf

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Joined 17-January 11
Okay, there's two "types" of graffiti in APB, and they're rather different. But keep in mind that neither requires any "special" equipment.

1. There's the graffiti you need to spray as part of a mission; just run up to the spot that has the objective marker, face that wall, and press "F".

2. There's the "open world" graffiti points where you can place your own personal graffiti; these are located on buildings scattered across the Action Districts (and some are harder to get to than others). Same procedure- get to the point, face it and press "F". Your image will stay there until you either respray it on a different open-world point or leave the district.

This is an authentic Rogue Wolf post. Collect the whole set! New to the game? Look here. Why not watch my videos too?

Posted Image

I have to reform the Ninja Empire. That is why I took away the Golden Ninja Warrior.

TheGoat

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
Thank you very much...is there any indication on the HUD that you can spraypaint these places, or do you just have to guess?

The Rogue Wolf

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Joined 17-January 11
I can't remember if it does for the missions (it should show up as a mission target when you aim at it), but for the open-world spots, yes, they show up as "Graffiti" with a "Press (key) to Interact" prompt.

This is an authentic Rogue Wolf post. Collect the whole set! New to the game? Look here. Why not watch my videos too?

Posted Image

I have to reform the Ninja Empire. That is why I took away the Golden Ninja Warrior.

NickVeres

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
The open world spots are almost all VERY obvious. Just look for empty billboards on roofs. Or if you see AC vents making a path up to a blank wall, the blank wall is probably a spray location.
QUOTE (VelleK @ Jun 1 2011, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But this is how most free to play games go. Hackers/cheaters YES they will be there but When you see 9/10 matches you play and some idiot throws nades at your feet DIRECTLY at your feet. Or can curve bullets. It's noticeable. I mean were not in the movie Wanted i have seen this hack first hand. it cost 20$ per month to use it.

Wandira

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Joined 28-May 11

View PostTheRogueWolf, on May 29 2011, 10:50 PM, said:

I can't remember if it does for the missions (it should show up as a mission target when you aim at it), but for the open-world spots, yes, they show up as "Graffiti" with a "Press (key) to Interact" prompt.

Also, note that you don't actually have to be close enough to spray in order to find them; you can drive around in a car and look at the buildings you pass and you'll see the 'Press F' message when you look at a graffiti display point. Then you just have to figure out how to get close enough as many of them are high up on the side of the buildings.

I'm 99% sure you have to go and create a symbol first, there doesn't seem to be any default symbol for the game to use if you haven't created your own.

Hideen

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Joined 12-July 10
My Graffiti is completely messed up. I have made my own and equiped it. But when I spray in missions it still only show the default one, not mine.
I also went to several different graffiti billboards in waterfront, I was right infront of them, as well as far away, but nothing worked, nothing appeard on it.
Name - Meepie
Server - Obeya
Faction - Criminal

Addy

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11

View PostHideen, on May 30 2011, 01:13 AM, said:

My Graffiti is completely messed up. I have made my own and equiped it. But when I spray in missions it still only show the default one, not mine.
I also went to several different graffiti billboards in waterfront, I was right infront of them, as well as far away, but nothing worked, nothing appeard on it.

I have that problem now, plus I can't find the bound button in the controls option under any tab, and I really have no idea where the billboards are lol!!!!

AnnaC

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Joined 29-May 11
Graffiti you designed is simply for display points, not mission objective sprays.

Edit: I haven't looked around Financial much, but there are 2 graffiti points in Waterfront at the Blades Hotel. There are others around too; you'll start to notice them as you become familiar with the area.

Edit2: about the sprays not working, did you equip them, in your Inventory/Character tab? You don't start with a Graffiti symbol equipped (much like musical theme), so you need to equip them for it to work.

Edited by AnnaC, 10 June 2011 - 01:08 PM.

She's an evil enchantress; she does evil dances; if you look deep in her eyes she'll put you in trances; then what will she do? She'll mix up an evil brew; and gobble you up in a big tasty stew sooooo WATCH OUT!

Game names: AnnaComnena (Joker); Marona (Obeya). Both Enforcers.

bartender

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
i had it equipped . it ddint work as well : ( or i just havnt find those spray point yet ..

Edited by bartender, 03 May 2012 - 06:39 AM.

Posted Image

poochyena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Joined 12-August 11
remember kids, look at the date of the posts before posting on a thread

anyways, sometimes your graffiti just takes a few seconds/minutes to load and billboards were you can spray paint are usually somewhat hard to find/get to

Edited by poochyena, 03 May 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Joker server, rank 245+ criminal, sniper/alig
Posted Image
Check out my etsy store!

bartender

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 18-April 12
no , you hear me well smart patootie . it got nothing to do with the date . the problem is there still .

View Postpoochyena, on 03 May 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

remember kids, look at the date of the posts before posting on a thread

anyways, sometimes your graffiti just takes a few seconds/minutes to load and billboards were you can spray paint are usually somewhat hard to find/get to

Posted Image

Nic Shadow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
1. You can spray graffiti on missions and the spots will be indicated on the radar (Only these ones count for the tools advancement)
2. You can spray graffiti on open world (Only these ones count for achievement).
Search for placard, or empty walls, ususally placed on 1st floors or higher. There is usually something behind them to have access to them.
If you point to them, the pointer will change and a text will appear indicating free (or not) graffiti place. Usually, its not so easy to reach them, you have to find the right path.

3. You can use your graffiti even in Social District... But you have not to spray them. You have just to... 'display' them :)

And yes, as per cars on Social District, display graffiti takes some times, its not immediate.

Edited by Nic Shadow, 10 May 2012 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®