What to do before you create a thread!
1) Clean & Update your PC!
- Update your Graphic, Sound and Network Driver on the sites at the bottom of the Thread!
- Update DirectX.
- Update Windows via Windows Update
- Uninstall Crap you don't need anymore.
- Defrag your HDDs.
- Run CCleaner and delete crap.
- Update Punkbuster.
- Reset you'r BIOS settings to default(s). (Read what this changes from your current settings in the manual.)
- Reinstall the game completly.
2) Search the forum and important topics! Look at these sites and read the posts:
3) Still nothing? Now you should create a topic!
- Get a topic title with a short (!) description of your problem.
- Create a dxdiag.txt file and upload it somewhere to provide the link.
- Explain your problem in detail.
- How often did this happen to you?
- Attach screenshots or videos.
- Explain how to reproduce it.
- Explain what you have tried so far.
- Explain what you expect to happen instead of the bug/problem you have.
- Wait for an answer and don't push your thread.
How to update you'r driver properly:
- Get DriverSweeper and install it.
- Uninstall your driver via System Controls.
- Reboot your PC in safe-mode.
- Run DriverSweeper and delete anything left over from your old driver.
- Reboot in normaly.
- Install the new driver.
- Last Reboot.
- You'r done.
- Note: This is not valid for all kind of drivers.
How to create a dxdiag.txt file:
- Press Start, press run.
- Enter "dxdiag" without "".
- Wait till it's loaded.
- Press "save all" and chose a download location.
- Get to a upload site such as rapidshare.com and upload the file.
- Copy a link to the download in your thread.
- Alternative copy the content of the file in [ CODE ] [ / CODE ] tags at the bottom of your Thread's first post.
Do a BIOS update only if you know what you do, otherwise you could damage your components!
Network (Ethernet, wireless, router)
Do a FIRMWARE update only if you know what you do, otherwise you could damage your components!
Feedback? Something missing? Answer here or write me a PM!
Edited by nXe, 01 July 2011 - 03:41 AM.