Photo

PUNKBUSTER problem

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

APBDesire

APBDesire

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
Ok, so i just downloaded apb 2 days ago. i already contacted a admin and he didnt respond today and 2 days ago he gave me a thread giving me a download to pbsetup. i tried updating the game with no luck. the error is some communication service problem that says punkbuster kicking me out along with the message. For one thing i know and i figured out a few minutes ago. Is that any game i run like battlefield heroes and battlefield play4free that runs on punkbuster as a hack protection system kicks me out. a admin told me to delete pando media booster for another reason to jumpstart the download of apb which is another thing i did and i already completed might be the problem to me i think. but whenever i do it punkbuster kicks me out for all games that runs with it. i even updated the other 2 games with the pb setup with no solution.

I am in need of serious assistance D:

Darkwulf

Darkwulf

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
I will help you out since the devs wont dare show their faces on these forums due to all the farging bugs.

Go to this link

http://www.punkbuste...age=pbsetup.php

Its for APB Reloaded. Download the PBsetup for your operating system.

RUN IT

CLICK ADD A GAME

ADD APB

CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATES

It will download the latest updates and you should be good to go.

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I am getting this same error with the punk buster issue.

Posted Image

I did also do as instructed above with updating APB reloaded with punk buster.

And it worked, for about a minute and disconnected me with the same error.

Edited by flaccidphallus, 25 May 2011 - 05:08 PM.

APBDesire

APBDesire

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
THAT IS WHAT I MEAN.
and when i said updated i meant using the pb setup. but i shouldve been more specific. not blaming u for not understanding.

PS: i dont even know why PB is so popular when it has so many failing things once the problem can't be fixed. using gameguard or xtrap is way better and way less problems

Edited by APBDesire, 25 May 2011 - 05:12 PM.

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I think it might be something to do with APB not accepting the update from what I have found.

I went to check PB again for APB reloaded and it says the latest update isn't installed for the server version even though I just downloaded it a moment ago. So I downloaded it again, still same error, still says not installed on PB. This update stays active for about 5 minutes before going back to not installed.

Edited by flaccidphallus, 25 May 2011 - 05:22 PM.

Laqull

Laqull

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11

I think it might be something to do with APB not accepting the update from what I have found.

I went to check PB again for APB reloaded and it says the latest update isn't installed for the server version even though I just downloaded it a moment ago. So I downloaded it again, still same error, still says not installed on PB. This update stays active for about 5 minutes before going back to not installed.

That's what keeps happening to me.

APBDesire

APBDesire

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
FINALLLLLLLY IT WORKED FOR ME.
i dont know how i did it was keep updating it from the pb setup and i did that for 3 days straight

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I've checked their website and they do have a download for the latest version if the updater isn't working, problem is I have no clue where the pb folder is in my files.

http://www.evenbalan...page=dl-apb.php

APBDesire

APBDesire

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
i ran the apblauncher from gamersfirst/apbreloaded/launcher then apb launcher. i dont think u should put the launcher on ur desktop or any other folders keep all ur files and run the game in the folders?

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
Did you launch it from the start up menu or the gamers first live application?

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I'm getting no luck with this here, any help?

Edited by flaccidphallus, 25 May 2011 - 05:57 PM.

APBDesire

APBDesire

Initiate

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
i ran it from the apb folder

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
This one right here? Because I am still not getting any luck.

Posted Image

Lighty

Lighty

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I have this problem also - Updating the game through pbsetup, says its updated, launch APB, get to the map, choose spawn, watch half all the way to the end of the cut scene then boom, kicked. & then make an attempt to update the game through pbsetup again & watch half/to the end of the cutscene and get kicked again. APB is definitely not 'accepting the update'. Or its not sticking? Idunno.
And of course, running it all as admin & using the apb launcher from its folder.

So what? Just keep updating it for 3 days like that person did and hope it doesn't magically uninstall itself? Lol

Edited by Lighty, 25 May 2011 - 07:34 PM.

Gittyup

Gittyup

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

I've checked their website and they do have a download for the latest version if the updater isn't working, problem is I have no clue where the pb folder is in my files.

Should be like Program Files/GamersFirst/APB Reloaded/Binaries/pb

There are also manually installed updates at http://www.evenbalan...page=dl-apb.php
Follow their directions after you find your pb folder. Make sure to use the right versions for the client files and stick them directy into the htm folder(they don't say there but I would remove the ones that are in there prior to sticking these in, or overwrite them if they are same name)

You can also try submitting a ticket with them, I had a real long time ago for some game and got a decently quick response. http://www.evenbalan...et.php?game=apb

Lighty

Lighty

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11

Should be like Program Files/GamersFirst/APB Reloaded/Binaries/pb

There are also manually installed updates at http://www.evenbalan...page=dl-apb.php
Follow their directions after you find your pb folder. Make sure to use the right versions for the client files and stick them directy into the htm folder(they don't say there but I would remove the ones that are in there prior to sticking these in, or overwrite them if they are same name)

You can also try submitting a ticket with them, I had a real long time ago for some game and got a decently quick response. http://www.evenbalan...et.php?game=apb

I used to the correct versions and successfully saved them to the correct folder & overwrote the old ones, so it should've been manually updated, launched the game again as an admin from the program & it made it all the way to the end of the tutorial cut scene & gave the same error, still dunno how to fix it. And still haven't even made it in the game, walking around/shooting/etc, just to the map & the cut scene.

Goodluck to the person you were suggesting it too though, I'll try again tomorrow.

Shadowtalon

Shadowtalon

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
Tried everything mentioned in the thread, still getting kicked. Maybe if I add another post to this thread the problem will get fixed.

Gittyup

Gittyup

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

I used to the correct versions and successfully saved them to the correct folder & overwrote the old ones, so it should've been manually updated, launched the game again as an admin from the program & it made it all the way to the end of the tutorial cut scene & gave the same error, still dunno how to fix it. And still haven't even made it in the game, walking around/shooting/etc, just to the map & the cut scene.

Goodluck to the person you were suggesting it too though, I'll try again tomorrow.

See the below post with a section from this link.
http://www.evenbalan...page=faq-q3.php

Edited by Gittyup, 25 May 2011 - 11:19 PM.

Gittyup

Gittyup

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

I am getting this same error with the punk buster issue.

Posted Image

I did also do as instructed above with updating APB reloaded with punk buster.

And it worked, for about a minute and disconnected me with the same error.

This is a section of the faq from my above link.

I get kicked a lot by PunkBuster for Service Communication errors like "initialization failed" or "heartbeats stopped", how do I fix that?

If you run some type of personal firewall or security software, make sure that you configure it to fully allow our services, especially PnkBstrAprogram. These kicks are most often caused by our PnkBstrAprogram service failing to properly install our PnkBstrBprogram service during gameplay. Also, several Windows 7 users have reported that the following steps corrected the issue for them: 1) login as an Administrator user, 2) open Windows Explorer and browse to c:\windows\system32 (or wherever the windows folder is on your machine) - note: if you run Windows 7 64 bit, you need to browse to c:\windows\syswow64 instead, 3) scroll down and find PnkBstrAprogram, 4) right-click PnkBstrAprogram and choose Properties, 5) click the Compatiblity tab, 6) click the button at the bottom of the window that reads "Change settings for all users", 7) click the checkbox for "Run this program as an administrator", 8) click the "Ok" buttons to accept the changes and get back out.

flaccidphallus

flaccidphallus

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
Well I am running vista 64bit, but I proceeded along with your tutorial.

I checked my firewall, and it seemed all in order there.

Posted Image

So I went to check in sysWOW64 folder, and despite being the admin of my computer, I went to turn on UAC so it would allow me to select the privilege level.

Posted Image

And ran punkbuster one more time to update APB reloaded, though I got a message from UAC saying the program may have not installed properly. I proceeded along with launching APB annnnnd....

It worked! Been playing it for about an hour or so, no disconnection issue.

Lighty

Lighty

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
I also checked my firewall settings, I found that everything was alright & PB was allowed.etc.

Then I went over to syswow64 & actually did not find pnkbsterAprogram? I believe. However, I found PnkBsterBprogram. So I gave it a shot & checked run as administrator in the Compatibility tab, updated APB again through PnkBuster & launched APB andddd it worked >:) Just like the guy above me!
Ty gittyup! & I hope others solve there problems and get in-game like me & flaccid did.

Edited by Lighty, 26 May 2011 - 10:28 AM.

HuntGod

HuntGod

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

I also checked my firewall settings, I found that everything was alright & PB was allowed.etc.

Then I went over to syswow64 & actually did not find pnkbsterAprogram? I believe. However, I found PnkBsterBprogram. So I gave it a shot & checked run as administrator in the Compatibility tab, updated APB again through PnkBuster & launched APB andddd it worked >:) Just like the guy above me!
Ty gittyup! & I hope others solve there problems and get in-game like me & flaccid did.

This cleared up my packet 9005 error as well...thanks!

Not sure why my firewall wasn't asking me if I wanted to allow those or not.

RJMazz

RJMazz

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11
No luck for me... I dunno, I just did everything you guys did.

Posted Image

I got this though.

Edited by RJMazz, 26 May 2011 - 02:18 PM.

noenvy

noenvy

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 09-July 11
since the last time i played i havent changed any settings or anything and every 2-5 mins i get kicked for no packet flow so this is what ive done:

- went to apb binaries folder and deleted pb -> ran pbsetup again
- reinstalled
- readded apb to pbsetup then checked for updates
- checked fire wall pb A and B are allowed
- turned off firewall
- went to my system 32 folder and deleted all Pnkbuster files
- ran msconfig and made sure PB A and B were allowed in services...
- got the pb exe thing that lets you uninstall and reinstall PB

still nothing...

SIGH

PS everytime i get kicked for no packet flow i open up pbsetup and server version says not installed but before i run the game i check for updates and it says the game has been updated then after it says not installed....?
anything else im missing? :)

Edited by noenvy, 11 July 2011 - 09:12 AM.

lokey

lokey

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

since the last time i played i havent changed any settings or anything and every 2-5 mins i get kicked for no packet flow so this is what ive done:

- went to apb binaries folder and deleted pb -> ran pbsetup again
- reinstalled
- readded apb to pbsetup then checked for updates
- checked fire wall pb A and B are allowed
- turned off firewall
- went to my system 32 folder and deleted all Pnkbuster files
- ran msconfig and made sure PB A and B were allowed in services...
- got the pb exe thing that lets you uninstall and reinstall PB

still nothing...

SIGH

PS everytime i get kicked for no packet flow i open up pbsetup and server version says not installed but before i run the game i check for updates and it says the game has been updated then after it says not installed....?
anything else im missing? :)

Are you still having this problem? If so I believe I have your fix.

MonsterKittie

MonsterKittie

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

I will help you out since the devs wont dare show their faces on these forums due to all the farging bugs.

Go to this link

http://www.punkbuste...age=pbsetup.php

Its for APB Reloaded. Download the PBsetup for your operating system.

RUN IT

CLICK ADD A GAME

ADD APB

CLICK CHECK FOR UPDATES

It will download the latest updates and you should be good to go.

OK so I did that yesterday and it worked but I was wondering does uninstall punkbuster or does it just help keep you in the game? Because today I checked if punkbuster was installed and it was still there, and I tried updating it again but it said there was nothing to update.

MonsterKittie

MonsterKittie

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

Just open Computer in the Start Menu. Then on the computer screen go to the search computer in the top right and type in "pbsetup" and you can also choose the dat modified so you can put in the date that you installed it, but it will go slow even without the date. And after about a minute (that's how long it took for me) it will have results. :thumbsup:

Ouin

Ouin

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 25-April 11
Still happens to me no matter how many times i manually update it.
Joker (NA-East) | Ouin | Criminal | The Prelude

reamer

reamer

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 13-October 11
Try this.

Delete the following, Reboot, then run launcher repair tool
APBReloaded\Binaries\PB
APBRelaoded\TPI\Punkbuster
c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\Punkbuster

The last one you will have to show hidden files. In win7 that is Control panel>folders>View>Show/Hide hidden files and folders checkmark.
Posted Image

Meowwww

Meowwww

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 14-May 12
i have the PB kick problem too about every 10 mins i get kicked out of whatever district im playing in, also social seems to be not letting ppl join it just loads an nothin happens but how can i fix this PB kick ?? -_-

Jennacide

Jennacide

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 07-May 12

i have the PB kick problem too about every 10 mins i get kicked out of whatever district im playing in, also social seems to be not letting ppl join it just loads an nothin happens but how can i fix this PB kick ?? -_-

For starters, and I'm not talking to you Meowwww, this post was necro-posted to, which if I'm not mistaken is against the ToS.

As for your issue there Meowwww, you'll want to completely remove Punk Buster via the Control Panel. Once the software has been removed, you'll want to then navigate to it's physical location on your hard drive (details on how to find that are actually in this post) and manually remove the left over folders and or files. Then go ahead and reboot your machine.

You now have two choices:

1. Launch APB:R and hope that the patcher catches the missing PB install and forces a new download/install/update

or

2. You can manually download and install PB then launch APB:R

Instructions on how to do all of this and where to go to find the software is already in this thread. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Posted Image
Got PunkBuster errors and getting booted? Click here for a walkthough in fixing that! - Best site in the WORLD!