Photo

PunkBuster Service Communication Failure ... Help!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

darkshinobi11

darkshinobi11

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11
Right i've been trying to get into the districts for some time i have also spent about 6 hours browsing google and forums all over the net to try and find a solution (that actually works) for the error code below:

You were kicked by PunkBuster for the following reason:

"PunkBuster kicked player 'PlayerName' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: service communication failure: PnkBstrBprogram driver failure (PnkBstrK.sys) ffab"

i have tried the PunkBuster random kick fix where i need to download the PBsetup and then install that to the APB Reloaded folder, And then run it and install PunkBuster again, Then add APB Reloaded to the game list and check for updates. I've done all this about 5 times i have also download the PBsvc to try and fix any errors within PunkBuster but have not found a solution that has done anything to help, So now i am on here begging for a solution to this pointless annoying problem, in the hope that someone smarter than me might no what i may have missed out on.

Any help would be very much appreciated and would save me getting any more grey hairs trying to sort this out, i like many of you have missed playing this game since RealTime Worlds shut down.

Thanks

DarkShinobi11

Marfnl

Marfnl

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 11-May 11
1: have you done it as admin?
2: Try dowing it whit No Spyware of firewall on
3: Restart pc and try a gen
4: Re-Install Game.
5: Pray To God For help and post it hear that it dit not work

By marfnl at 2011-02-13

darkshinobi11

darkshinobi11

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

1: have you done it as admin?
2: Try dowing it whit No Spyware of firewall on
3: Restart pc and try a gen
4: Re-Install Game.
5: Pray To God For help and post it hear that it dit not work

Thanks for the help
i'll give this a go probably spend all night trying different combinations of things, also sorry i didn't post earlier I've been at work all day and have just got in.

=]

(Update)
well after a long night of trying still nothing has worked it got me into a district for a little bit ..... well enough to watch half the help video before i got the Packet Loss error 9005 *sigh*, so when i do eventually figure this out tomorrow or whenever i'll let you know how i fixed it, cause currently i wish i could find something to help since nothing is working,
i completely uninstalled PunkBuster from my computer including in the windows32 folder and appdata just removed it all to start again and it kinda worked then i came across something that kinda helped and is a good idea to try anyway:
http://forums.gamers...hp?t152286.html
but apart from that getting me from communication and driver failure to heavy packet loss nothing has been accomplished thus far.

any idea and advice is welcome.... unless it's about me not using much punctuation cause i can't be assed!.

Thanks

Edited by darkshinobi11, 22 May 2011 - 07:16 PM.

Paulzombie65

Paulzombie65

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-May 12
I was having the same issue ..here is what I did that fixed it ..

go here http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php
download the setup for windows

go here http://www.evenbalan...vc/pbsvcprogram
download the service top one on list

unpack those to the desktop .... run the installer first ..be sure to right click and run as admin
add game ..APB.. it should be like in C:/program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/APB
then update ..update again .. until it says no update available..I had to do it about 4 times
then run the service patch ..tell it to check for updates..tell it to run a service check ..if everything says its ok go back to setup and run update yet again ..

Go to wherever you installed APB . like inC:/programFiles/Steam/steamapps/common/APB.go to the binaries folder find APB.the program and right click go to properties and compatibility..
set to run in windows XP service pack 3 ..then go back to the APB folder ..go to launcher folder ..find APBLauncher..set it to run in windows XP SP3 as well
then launch the game ..

Like i said this worked for me ..I am able to log in and join districts

hope this helps ...

Edited by Paulzombie65, 23 May 2012 - 01:27 PM.