[Guide]Making APB:R Faster

136 replies to this topic

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
Hello everyone. My IGN is OmgN00B and real name is Georgie. I will be showing you how to make APB:R run way faster, but there is a catch. Visual quality will be reduced. But it is worth it if you want that nice standard fps.

Method 1: Actual In-Game Settings.
First of all, if you want more fps, put your visual settings on low.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Low Settings:
Posted Image

Still not getting good enough FPS? Don't worry, I am still here to help.

Method 2: HighFPS Config.
I made a HighFPS Config for APB. Using it will boost your FPS.

1: Download the config here: http://www.mediafire...p18y97y187yceq7
2: Rename it APBCompat.ini
3:Place it in this directory: GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config
4: Run APBprogram from this directory: GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Binaries
Now look at how the game looks compared to just lowering settings.

HighFPS Config:
Posted Image

Are you still getting low FPS? I have one more thing for you then.

Method 3: SUPER HIGH Fps Config.
WARNING: THIS CONFIG WILL MAKE YOUR GAME LOOK LIKE AN N64 GAME.

1: Download the config here: http://www.mediafire...w7m47gs8q8uyw4m
2: Repeat steps 2-4 from Method 2.
Man this game looks like crap but it runs so smooth!

SUPERFPS Config:
Posted Image

I made this guide for you people who can't run the game well because of low-end computers.
I hope that this guide will get sticky'd so everyone can see.
Any concerns? IM me: gold_crazy_man@hotmail.com

YOU CAN NOT POST THIS GUIDE ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
Copyright 2011 Georgie Medina.

JoooQC

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
Awsome guide , thanx men

Chino3d

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 28-May 09
I understand your guide to helping low end computers to play this game. But for some reason, if your going to try to play with those graphics, then why just not play at all? That SuperFPS one looks really bad... I wouldn't even play it if I had to run on those graphics.
Miami Heat FTW

iamjay14

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11

View PostKingUba, on May 22 2011, 12:37 AM, said:

Hello everyone. My IGN is OmgN00B and real name is Georgie. I will be showing you how to make APB:R run way faster, but there is a catch. Visual quality will be reduced. But it is worth it if you want that nice standard fps.

Method 1: Actual In-Game Settings.
First of all, if you want more fps, put your visual settings on low.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Low Settings:
Posted Image

Still not getting good enough FPS? Don't worry, I am still here to help.

Method 2: HighFPS Config.
I made a HighFPS Config for APB. Using it will boost your FPS.

1: Download the config here: http://www.mediafire...p18y97y187yceq7
2: Rename it APBCompat.ini
3:Place it in this directory: GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config
4: Run APBprogram from this directory: GamersFirst\APB Reloaded\Binaries
Now look at how the game looks compared to just lowering settings.

HighFPS Config:
Posted Image

Are you still getting low FPS? I have one more thing for you then.

Method 3: SUPER HIGH Fps Config.
WARNING: THIS CONFIG WILL MAKE YOUR GAME LOOK LIKE AN N64 GAME.

1: Download the config here: http://www.mediafire...w7m47gs8q8uyw4m
2: Repeat steps 2-4 from Method 2.
Man this game looks like crap but it runs so smooth!

SUPERFPS Config:
Posted Image

I made this guide for you people who can't run the game well because of low-end computers.
I hope that this guide will get sticky'd so everyone can see.
Any concerns? IM me: gold_crazy_man@hotmail.com

YOU CAN NOT POST THIS GUIDE ANYWHERE ELSE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
Copyright 2011 Georgie Medina.
i have a problem saving it, it says to make sure i have the name right or somthing i and i dont have permission to save it
i can read your mind...but there's nothing to read! d-_-b"
-Jay

LolJoeMad

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 18-April 11
It's a good guide and everything but it makes the game look awful lol, why play the game this way :/
Other than that all these tips will work just fine... Obviously taking the stress off the processor and graphics card...
Sup

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
@Chino3d

Well, there are one of those few gamers that like gameplay > graphics. And if they don't have that great computers, this is to help them out.

@iamjay14

First of all, make sure you have administrator access on your computer. If you do, place a copy of the one I gave you in your desktop and rename it. Then just drag it in, replace the default file.

@LolJoeMad

[Refer to Chino3d]

ElNoobio

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
I approve of this, and thank you dearly for it. It's worked a miracle and made my game far more playable, with a frame rate increase of 30. However, I have a problem that when I open up Groups and Friends, the screen will flash black and then the actual frame very rapidly. Once I close Groups and Friends, I have no HUD.

Once again, thank you.
-Noobio.

Edited by ElNoobio, 22 May 2011 - 08:21 AM.

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

View PostElNoobio, on May 22 2011, 04:48 PM, said:

I approve of this, and thank you dearly for it. It's worked a miracle and made my game far more playable, with a frame rate increase of 30. However, I have a problem that when I open up Groups and Friends, the screen will flash black and then the actual frame very rapidly. Once I close Groups and Friends, I have no HUD.

Once again, thank you.
-Noobio.

@Noobio

I am aware that it flashes, it is a visual glitch problem dealing with screen percentage(what makes it look bad).
What you need to do is press esc again and then the HUD should come back, then press the red X on the menu. Sometimes this works, other times, it does not. If it doesn't work then you have to restart APB. If this gets too annoying then try using the HighFPS config. If the HighFPS config isn't enough for you, I can tweak some settings on it so you can still have that nice frame boost. But at night, you can hardly see anything.

bopdeebop

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

View PostKingUba, on May 22 2011, 06:44 PM, said:

@Noobio

I am aware that it flashes, it is a visual glitch problem dealing with screen percentage(what makes it look bad).
What you need to do is press esc again and then the HUD should come back, then press the red X on the menu. Sometimes this works, other times, it does not. If it doesn't work then you have to restart APB. If this gets too annoying then try using the HighFPS config. If the HighFPS config isn't enough for you, I can tweak some settings on it so you can still have that nice frame boost. But at night, you can hardly see anything.

hi there
can you do some tweaks for me because i wont the high fps but i wont to be able to use the menus

cheers bopdeebop

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
You ask and I give. Here you guys go.
http://www.mediafire...t6jxbgboq7og3ew

Nekokid

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11
Minecraft much?
Obeya Criminal : Neko
Obeya Enforcer : Nekokid

PlayerOneSVK

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 02-November 10
I downloaded Method 2: HighFPS Config. and i run it without lanucher tottaly suck errors everything... But i have this game on another win... i did it with launcher i log intogame but skyscapers was black everything was black and i have 16 bit color mode is this ok ??? for mothed ?

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

View PostPlayerOneSVK, on May 24 2011, 05:55 AM, said:

I downloaded Method 2: HighFPS Config. and i run it without lanucher tottaly suck errors everything... But i have this game on another win... i did it with launcher i log intogame but skyscapers was black everything was black and i have 16 bit color mode is this ok ??? for mothed ?

Eh, I don't really get what you are saying. Yes it is suppose to look like that.

westxvii

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Joined 02-October 10
Even with 6 GB ram, Out of Memory!

BananaBrain

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
Thanks a ton, this sped my game up a ton!

Akatora

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
Very nice, Using your HighFPS did what it's title says. :)

Dvah

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11
I want a magical game config which replaces fences with low opacity white walls.
I want a solid 62 FPS and constant 30 ms latency. That's cheating, isn't it?
Proud member of the Rational Entities Club, along with Voerman and Tune. And also Freyar, sometimes.

NAKURWIACZ

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
Just tell me how to turn off Bloom effect because it sucks!
Everything glowing like lightbulb. I feel like John Travolta in Disco Fever.

You did it in HighFPS config, i just want to turn off bloom with saving my high quality textures because my PC can handle it well with 60-62 FPS all the time.

@EDIT
I edited my config and found "Bloom=True" changed it to False everywhere (like 5 times in all config?!)
WTH is [AppCompatBucket1], 2, 3, 4, 5?

Edited by NAKURWIACZ, 25 May 2011 - 06:02 PM.

Xocolatl

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/457
Where we're going, we won't need eyes.

But yeah, thanks for the setting. I might consider grabbing the medium one later, seeing as my laptop probably wouldn't handle big firefights well.

Casz

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 05-March 11
Wouldn't these config also work under APBMachineOptions.ini under Settings?

NAKURWIACZ

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11
still have farging bloom effect! help me OP how to turn off this doodoo how u did it here
Posted Image

Nadroev

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
There is almost no difference between playing on max settings, min settings or the highfps config. Low settings seem to work a little better than min for me. And that superhighfps config doesn't work.

superhelp555

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11
i dont know why but every time i change it myself it reverts back i save it but it goes back to the old settings in the config file. i used your config but the same thing happens as soon as save and close, the game still has bloom. it runs smoothly but from time to time the frames would just for no reason then goes back up again (just randomly sometimes even when nothing is going on. sometimes a big fight doesnt lag and sometimes it does )

Kimble

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 26-May 11
This is quite interesting, is the High-SuperFPS suppose to change the ingame screen size? Or was this my doing?
I can't tell anymore, since I have been messing around with the files for the last 2-3 hours.

Jadus

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11
First of all, thank you very much for this.

However, when I use the first file (not the nintendo 64 one :)), it suffers from a side effect where a lot of the textures are black and either take 10-15 seconds to load or don't load at all. It's a nightmare trying to navigate anywhere indoors and even in some cases trying to drive at all. I'm sure thats just the price we have to pay for having better FPS though, but I'm wondering if its at all possible if you could make a "Sort of fast" .ini files that has lower settings that the "minimum" video option, but maybe not all the way like your original "HighFPS" config file. So even though we sacrifice a few FPS, we could get a little bit improvement in how it looks so there isn't so much black texture.

Anyway, I understand if this isnt possible but thanks again regardless!

baikanmess

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11
Hi i seem to run it glitchy. it keeps blinking everytime i login and if i open up settings or chat it wont show at all. I try to edit my settings wont let me

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
Sorry I have not been around lately. I am back now so feel free to ask questions.

JackInTheBox

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 24-January 11
I can see people using the first two settings, but the last one? I'm not sure you can even tell friend from foe (and NPC for that matter).

But +1 for the guide, players without a gaming rig will thank you.
JaneInTheBox
SPEAR
EU Patriot

INoScopedJFK

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11
What does FPS actually do?

Fr33zm4n

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

View PostCasz, on May 26 2011, 10:04 AM, said:

dunno try i've found somthing new...

for the ones with the black textures try to set depthoffield=true ( works for me )

And i self found a good one StreamInTextures=True ( It made my game much better ) ( only problem the bloom is returned)

View PostJadus, on May 31 2011, 09:42 AM, said:

However, when I use the first file (not the nintendo 64 one :)), it suffers from a side effect where a lot of the textures are black and either take 10-15 seconds to load or don't load at all. It's a nightmare trying to navigate anywhere indoors and even in some cases trying to drive at all. I'm sure thats just the price we have to pay for having better FPS though, but I'm wondering if its at all possible if you could make a "Sort of fast" .ini files that has lower settings that the "minimum" video option, but maybe not all the way like your original "HighFPS" config file. So even though we sacrifice a few FPS, we could get a little bit improvement in how it looks so there isn't so much black texture.

Turn DepthOfField to True then the black textures are gone..

View PostINoScopedJFK, on Jun 6 2011, 11:56 AM, said:

What does FPS actually do?

Frames Per Second --> your game goes faster / graphics are not so good

ps. i think you know what FPS means but for the ones who not xD

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
Black textures are there so you don't have to load textures.

FiveO

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined 27-March 11
Last pic look like minecraft.

Posted Image

Videos: Random Gameplay

FiveO

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • Joined 27-March 11
Oh you might want to fix the HighFPS, I did a test and it actually darkens the game, like all the lights are off. Brighten it will look crappy.

Posted Image

Videos: Random Gameplay

Spineeater

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3561 posts
  • Joined 02-June 11
Lol we're going back to N64 textures are we now? XDDD Nice guide tho!
Ex-APB player. Currently laughing at APB Vendetta.
Posted Image

KingUba

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11
I will check it once I come back.

Woostaire

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-June 11

View PostCasz, on May 26 2011, 10:04 AM, said:

I tried the medium one. It didn't improve much, and considering the drawback regarding black surfaces and lesser viewing distance it wasn't worth it.

I get like 18-20fps when I drive in to places where the doodoo has hit the fan, and im around 35-40 otherwhise.

What buggers me the most is how my audio starts to sound like crap sometimes. I wonder if this is due to my laptops (Acer 5820TG) hardware, or some software conflict?

I'm using WIN 7 x64 sp 1 and the gun runs like crap on low settings, and as I stated with your config.

i5 450M 2.4Ghz
4gb ram
Ati Radeon HD 5650 mobilty.

Paullax

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
This engine is so **ucked up that i get lag with those minecrap graphics.
i had 32bit no lag, but now when i got 64bit i lag alot.

3.2 3core
2gb of ram
512vram ati hd5450

:)(

ZeekJW

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

View PostJadus, on May 31 2011, 09:42 AM, said:

I have this EXACT problem. The first file works wonders for me, but I can't play when the server enters night time or in some very dark in door buildings because everything is pitch black and I can't navigate at all. Other than that it works great!

EDIT: just seen the post that might fix this, going to try that tonight

Edited by ZeekJW, 25 June 2011 - 08:49 AM.

ZeekJW

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 23-May 11

View PostZeekJW, on Jun 25 2011, 05:42 PM, said:

I have this EXACT problem. The first file works wonders for me, but I can't play when the server enters night time or in some very dark in door buildings because everything is pitch black and I can't navigate at all. Other than that it works great!

EDIT: just seen the post that might fix this, going to try that tonight

just tried setting the depth feild thing to true, it didn't help at all. indoors/back alleys are still pitch black.

Edited by ZeekJW, 25 June 2011 - 09:34 AM.

Naly

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 01-June 11
I wonder if anyone found a way to actually use screenpercentage without messing up the UI? using 75% almost doubles my framerate while keeping the resolution above eye cancer level, but the ui blinks, only to vanish unretrievably once I try to use the menu.
Lowering the screen resolution in the ini file to that same resolution, which is lower than the lowest 16:10 resolution the slider offers, increases my fps only by about 50% though, in addition to a lower ui resolution ofc. I can't really think why other than the gfx card/drivers possibly being optimized for the standard resolutions.(edit:) only lowers the resolution to 1024x768, which I guess is the minimum (and the wrong ratio).
Being able to use screenpercentage with high res UI would therefore be far superior, and maybe allow me to use bloom, shadows and all that.

Edited by Naly, 25 June 2011 - 10:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®