Photo

More cheating in APB reloaded?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

stormblaast

stormblaast

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-May 11
Do you think there will be even more cheating in APB reloaded then what there originally was in APB?

Thinking of that its now free and people wont care as much to get their account banned because they can always make a new one for free and continiue with the same hacks!

Edited by stormblaast, 19 May 2011 - 04:47 AM.

Xostean

Xostean

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11
The same hacks which got them caught the first time will only get them caught a second time.

Tbh the only reason RTW APB got to so many hackers as it did was because RTW did not know how to correctly respond to a hacking threat, and showed that it would do nothing to punish the cheaters, hence it blossomed into an pandemic.

G1 on the other hand has a firm "Do it once and you are f*cking gone"

So i'm not to worried about it, from the CB so far i have only come across 1 or 2 people id even to begin questioning no less call them a hacker

QUOTE (Lawdogdude @ May 19 2011, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^^^^^^
reported
QUOTE (Flipp @ Jun 4 2011, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe you should learn how to read Xostean, judging by your lack of ability to read, social district clearly says "Filtered" you've been reported for rude behavior

8BITPiercingFiend

8BITPiercingFiend

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2972 posts
  • Joined 04-December 10

Do you think there will be even more cheating in APB reloaded then what there originally was in APB?

Thinking of that its now free and people wont care as much to get their account banned because they can always make a new one for free and continiue with the same hacks!

There will always be hacks in any game that has hack for it. The only diff thing this time round is that G1 seem to be taking more of a stand against the hackers and are trying their best to stop it. You wont stop them all though! But they can damn well try!

The re-creating an account everytime does worry me and Im still guessing how they will stop this, hardware ban by the looks of the countless threads about it seem like the only way but I dont even know how that works!

But honestly, if your hacking and your account gets banned and then you start over, rinse repeat....will people really just keep recreating after every ban?

farg that lol

But then again, they are hackin bastids so I wouldnt put it past them lol

Hexed

Hexed

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
Good.... I like the zero tolerance that these people have towards cheaters.

Posted Image

Joker NA East: Hexed R150 Gold Crim

DWP

DWP

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
I'd like to think that most Clans/Clubs/Groups don't want to be associated with anyone running a cheat. It's bad press, period.

Tough to brag on a hack, and everyone knows this.

Here's to keeping it clean!

Me, i have no excuse, I'm just old and slow...rofl!!!
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D. H. Lawrence

Crim: DoubleWidePride and Mervin Enf: ExcessiveForce, but always a/on Joker

Avigirl

Avigirl

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11
cheaters in APB ...
While there are prog. like x22cheats there is always some sort of Joe and Ivan, who is willing to pay 10 -20 euros for such a dubious pleasure.
Although I think the fact that to understand the principle of such a program, it is necessary, in addition to purchasing it, to try to decipher complicated code.
I hope they do so. If not - it's a good idea.

shadow3005

shadow3005

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 02-August 10
change the system protection, punkbuster are not efficience.
But in this game is not easy to know when the player hack cause weapon upgrade are cheated too xD( and with cash-shopper is more cheated ^^)!!!!
if u see a player change target too fast with continu fire, it's an aimboter for sure but u can proove it!!
all fps pc game have hack so in the free to play more hack i think!!

Avigirl : "who is willing to pay 10 -20 euros for such a dubious pleasure."

newbies love to buy this kind of cheat because they believe themselves stronger and can purple rain off everyone. or if it is also those who will lose all the time who will buy it. And more as the game is free to play it as it was ca buy (and weapons to the cash shop)

Edited by shadow3005, 19 May 2011 - 05:20 AM.

Avigirl

Avigirl

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

change the system protection, punkbuster are not efficience.
But in this game is not easy to know when the player hack cause weapon upgrade are cheated too xD( and with cash-shopper is more cheated ^^)!!!!
if u see a player change target too fast with continu fire, it's an aimboter for sure but u can proove it!!
all fps pc game have hack so in the free to play more hack i think!!

You can not be sure that the player cheater, yet he did not turn on speedhack:)
Development of anti-cheat than it is similar to the development of signatures against the anti-virus. Need to recognize the algorithm. Only after you can be sure.
For example a person has a good connection, so it seems that he quickly switches the target.

DWP

DWP

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Joined 18-May 11
It will be an ongoing battle to fight them. It tough to anticipate what cheat will arise. Fixes/patches are only to the cheats that are active.

Trying to get a screenie is tough as well. Some things can’t be shown in a screenshot.

I’m sure G1 will do what it takes to combat cheats. Of course that’s only if their funding holds out.
I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D. H. Lawrence

Crim: DoubleWidePride and Mervin Enf: ExcessiveForce, but always a/on Joker

madashell

madashell

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 10-October 11
Almost a year later after the last posting in this topic and the cheating/hacking problem in apb still isnt resolved.

'I’m sure G1 will do what it takes to combat cheats'.....dont make me laugh. G1 dont give a rat's a-s-s about this as long there are paying customers (read: paying suckers). Why should they work seriously on this cheating problem as long as the money comes in from those idiots? People complain all the time ingame (where is a gm when you need one ingame but that aside...) but those skilled less hypocrites still pay monthly for their overrated and overpowered guns.

And instead of us delivering movies/screenshots etc. of people caught cheating or whatsoever, those lazy bastards called G1 should do this work by employing gm's ingame thats solves problems immediately, use better anti cheat programs like DMW (not for apb, yet that is, but there are better things than punkbuster..)and do something about these cheaters/grievers/ghosts/spammers in a serious matter.

I understand why this game loses people every week. Soon the only people who will be playing this game are paying hypocrites and cheaters. Sad...

Edited by madashell, 02 May 2012 - 05:33 AM.

danar

danar

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-November 12
APB is full of cheaters! and cheats works! i can assure that bcse a friend of mine is using, you have so many people using and paying G1 than you cant ban all, but APB is infected and thats really sucks! Im really desapointed about this game, im turning to AION. babay APB

DrV

DrV

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Joined 13-December 11

So i'm not to worried about it, from the CB so far i have only come across 1 or 2 people id even to begin questioning no less call them a hacker

Good.... I like the zero tolerance that these people have towards cheaters.

lol. What game are you guys playing, because it sure as hell is not APB.

NZT48

NZT48

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12
I've seen more blatant cheaters reaching higher ranks lately.

It's really a sad sight.

Pylat

Pylat

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts
  • Joined 20-July 11
Holy thread necro batman!
If you are offended by the above post, you need to lighten up.

NZT48

NZT48

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12
didn't even notice^

deathglock666

deathglock666

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11

APB is full of cheaters! and cheats works! i can assure that bcse a friend of mine is using, you have so many people using and paying G1 than you cant ban all, but APB is infected and thats really sucks! Im really desapointed about this game, im turning to AION. babay APB

Im sorry... um ... wha?

<facepalm>

I cant.. understand.. just.. No
;-;
And if your "friend" has hacks, then.. get proof of him sub a ticket and hey! you just attempted to help solve the problem.
:D

Posted Image

RTW Vet - CBT Vet
Story of my life:
Too good for silver, too bad for gold.

--░Deathglock - Colby DxrkAlice- Colby YowaneHaku - ColbyDarkArielx - Joker --

Dean Hall

Dean Hall

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Joined 12-July 11
Posted Image
Look at dates before you post.
Posted Image

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6575 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

Yeah that explains why i keep seeing banned rerolls playing still right?

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

Mayson

Mayson

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7458 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11
People are so wise,
they necro'd this thread twice!

First after one year and then now.

Also, G1 does have a stance against cheaters, but executing it seems to be a problem for them.

Emerald, more valuable than Copper and Aluminium, but at least the two latter are useful.

Terminal Woody

Terminal Woody

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
Hacking isn't an easy problem to solve.
All games suffer from this.

The question is which side you're on.
Do you try and maintain a clean player base or hack yourself silly.
Make your choice.

G1 does more than EA, that should tell you something.

Mayson

Mayson

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7458 posts
  • Joined 24-May 11

Hacking isn't an easy problem to solve.
All games suffer from this.

The question is which side you're on.
Do you try and maintain a clean player base or hack yourself silly.
Make your choice.

G1 does more than EA, that should tell you something.

EA doesn't really care about its releases. That is nothing new though.

And to be honest, I rarely meet cheaters, so G1 seems to be effective enough.
Emerald, more valuable than Copper and Aluminium, but at least the two latter are useful.

Terminal Woody

Terminal Woody

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13

EA doesn't really care about its releases. That is nothing new though.

And to be honest, I rarely meet cheaters, so G1 seems to be effective enough.

EA cares when they have something to sell you and they use PB among other things.
They only act when the complaints are many.
When they have extracted as much cash as they can...they care little, like they do now. BF4 is now their cash cow. There hasn't been a major ban wave in months in BF3 for the major hack sites. Might get one before Endgame but I wouldn't bet on it.
As for cheaters...if you haven't seen a rise in such things then I guess you play on a different server.
At least I have the feeling G1 are actively banning ppl which is good...yeah, I know they come back...
Not all cheaters use hack sites though.
This game is far too open for those to gain an advantage.

I think G1 are upping their game.
It's a good thing.