Photo

APB Error Reports

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

MasivB

MasivB

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11
Edit: This issue seems to be related to 32-bit OS. I am installing 64-bit ATM and will post back results.

Hi I am getting tons of errors after about 1 hour of gameplay saying I ran out of memory then when I try to send the error report I get a error report of the error report saying "Failed to write file to disk (error 7)."

My system is more than capable of handling this game...
Core i5-750 @ 2.66 (Quad core)
EVGA GTX 470 SuperClocked edition
4GB DDR2 RAM

Edited by MasivB, 05 May 2011 - 07:36 PM.

Cassedy

Cassedy

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
Thats pretty funny. Got the same problem.Though your PC is a beast. Im surprised many people have this and we get no answer from the devs?
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
ATi RADEON HD 5850 OC ED.
2GB RAM
Maybe cause of ram? :) Just dont know.
Yes, I play League of Legends, too.
Posted Image

GrnBeret2B

GrnBeret2B

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6857 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
out of memory typically refers to you being on a 32-bit OS. Regardless of error codes you're getting from the crash reporter, the report is still being sent, so don't worry too much about that.
The opinions expressed in the post above are not necessarily those of GamersFirst. GamersFirst is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site.

MasivB

MasivB

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

out of memory typically refers to you being on a 32-bit OS. Regardless of error codes you're getting from the crash reporter, the report is still being sent, so don't worry too much about that.

Its pretty annoying I cant even test the beta without it crashing within 30-1 hour of gaming. I have another PC thats almost as good and it runs on 64 bit. Could you tell me how I can locate my downloaded files from the GamesFirst LIVE downloader so I can transfer them and install on my other PC instead of having to re-download the entire package.
Thanks

GrnBeret2B

GrnBeret2B

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6857 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
see if it's in C:\Program Files\GamersFirst\LIVE! If it's not there, I'm not sure.
The opinions expressed in the post above are not necessarily those of GamersFirst. GamersFirst is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss, or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in these sections of the site.

MercedesBenxx

MercedesBenxx

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 25-February 11
Is there even any way to fix this with 32 bit? Like give APB more acces to more RAM.

My friend has this problem?

R1otUK

R1otUK

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
Ive ran this game on both my PC's one on windows 7 32bit and one on windows 7 64bit and get the same memory loss error on both so in my experience its not the 32bit OS thats the problem.

not sure if this helps but just thought id give some insight from my experiences.

Scarlet22

Scarlet22

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 22-April 11

Ive ran this game on both my PC's one on windows 7 32bit and one on windows 7 64bit and get the same memory loss error on both so in my experience its not the 32bit OS thats the problem.

not sure if this helps but just thought id give some insight from my experiences.

Meh same ploblem also i hope they fix this its not our fault and i think they said that in blog about it i made a new post about it damn me :P fogot to look for this. 1 hour of game play and then bam crashes i defrag but still nothing i
formated still nithing i deleted wow i dont play any more who cares :). and still nothing, also do you get ms drop rate too?

MasivB

MasivB

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

see if it's in C:\Program Files\GamersFirst\LIVE! If it's not there, I'm not sure.

Yeah thats where I thought too but its as if its a secret location where the files are downloaded but thanks for the fast reply.

Also I thank the person saying that this issue is occuring in 64 bit as well because I was about to re-install 64 bit.

Hopefully the next beta patch it will be fixed. However I do notice some people do not get this error at all... Hmm

Thanks again and hope this clears up things for others

GrnBeret2B

GrnBeret2B

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6857 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08

How much RAM do you have?

Is there even any way to fix this with 32 bit? Like give APB more acces to more RAM.

My friend has this problem?

I've heard rumors, but nothing substantial. There might be a program from microsoft that will modify the way the 32-bit architecture works somehow?

Yeah thats where I thought too but its as if its a secret location where the files are downloaded but thanks for the fast reply.

Yea, that was a bit of a hail mary from me. From what I recall, the LIVE! client downloads the installer, then when you choose install, it installs the game client, followed by deleting the installer.

R1otUK

R1otUK

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11
ok basic system breakdown:
Windows 7 32bit
i3 3.2Ghz(quad core)
Ati Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
750W PSU

and do i get ms problems? not to my knowledge no lol

Edited by R1otUK, 05 May 2011 - 05:33 AM.

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
so i got the same problem, I got 4 gb rams and it crashes cuz not enough rams :) , APB crashes every 30 mins after playing and im getting very anoyed here :P so anyone knows how to fix this?

R1otUK

R1otUK

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

so i got the same problem, I got 4 gb rams and it crashes cuz not enough rams :) , APB crashes every 30 mins after playing and im getting very anoyed here :P so anyone knows how to fix this?

noone seems to know how to fix this...appraently alot of people are fixated on "its because of a 32bit OS" which is a croc of s**t...and im pretty sure 4GB RAM is plenty to run this game as i ran the original fine on 2GB RAM.

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
know its plenty :) but god dam GamersFirst fix it!!!!

Edited by Higijenicar, 05 May 2011 - 10:04 AM.

Jido Xeed

Jido Xeed

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 30-April 11
Same problem here.
Running APB:R with 4GB RAM on Windows 7 32-bit
Any solutions yet for this problem? I can't enjoy this game anymore with all the crashes. :)

kudos128

kudos128

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11
hmm 32 bit only reads 3 gb of 4 but some 64 bit users say its happening to them too so im not sure if it has to do with the games "leaking" too much memory or what >.>but i also get this problem like 30min to an hour and it crashes idk what to do i hope they fix it.

Jido Xeed

Jido Xeed

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 30-April 11

hmm 32 bit only reads 3 gb of 4 but some 64 bit users say its happening to them too so im not sure if it has to do with the games "leaking" too much memory or what >.>but i also get this problem like 30min to an hour and it crashes idk what to do i hope they fix it.

My pc can use 3.25GB of the 4GB RAM. But I see APBR uses around 1.8GB.
I tried running APBR alone and even then it crashes. I think it has something
to do with the complex coding/programming of the game.

Nemowski

Nemowski

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11
Uh, I'm running it with 2GB RAM and no crashes... well , almost. I get like a crash or 2 a day but after like 2 hours of straight playing I get a mountain of lag, making the driving impossible.

MasivB

MasivB

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

Uh, I'm running it with 2GB RAM and no crashes... well , almost. I get like a crash or 2 a day but after like 2 hours of straight playing I get a mountain of lag, making the driving impossible.

Are you 32-bit?

And btw I am installing 64-bit as I am posting this... If I get same error I can guarentee everyone that it is not due to bit OS... Anyone interested in my results I will post back. Thanks all for continually posting more knowledge on this matter. I hope the Dev's will see this and respond or hopefully respond with a patch fix.

SocialDistrict

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
My system is also 32 bit but i am not getting any kind of error.Just sometimes iit crashes when i try enter a district but that happenes rarely.
''You are intelligent if you only believe half of what you hear.You are wise if you know wich part to believe''

Nemowski

Nemowski

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 16-February 11
32 bit , sorry I forgot to mention. On the other hand I'm running on low quality.

Edited by Nemowski, 06 May 2011 - 05:26 AM.

ayrton2388

ayrton2388

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
Same error for me.
"Out of memory!"

It sucks. I got 4 gb RAM now (only 3.2 work) 32bit Windows 7. Lowest details, except resolution, which is around the middle. It sucks, because during RTW era, it never crashed, and i had only 2 GB Ram, Windows Vista. I cant play more than 30 mins - 1 hour without a crash. It`s ANNOYING as hell.

Checked out in the task manager, W7 uses around 700 MB or so, so there`s still 2,5 GB available, right? So what the hell is the problem?

The video memory maybe? Anyway, my point is : this NEVER HAPPENED when RTW ran the game.
So please, G1, dont come with a "install a 64bit OS" , "buy a new video card" or something like this :s

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
ye its lame i got like 4gb and i can play 30 mins then crash, im quiting APB till they dont fix it >.<

DarkClawz

DarkClawz

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11
Same thing happens to me.... so mad about it

My computer can handle this game at Maximum Settings but idk why it keeps crashing my game and making that APB Error Report.... so annoying

ayrton2388

ayrton2388

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
One important thing , i guess.
If there`s a memory leak, usually the game starts running slower and slower, longer loading times, lower fps as the time goes. But this does not happen for me, at least.

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
no memory leak for me just that 1.9 gb limit, i hope they see this thread and fix it.

JoseOu

JoseOu

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11
Hi i need help on "Failed to write file to disk (error 7)" i cant find any topic that say how it fix??

R1otUK

R1otUK

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Are you 32-bit?

And btw I am installing 64-bit as I am posting this... If I get same error I can guarentee everyone that it is not due to bit OS... Anyone interested in my results I will post back. Thanks all for continually posting more knowledge on this matter. I hope the Dev's will see this and respond or hopefully respond with a patch fix.

no offence but have you actually read all the posts before yours? or just a few before yours?

and to everyone else who has posted it has nothing to do with 32 or 64bit OS atall!!! hense the first 5+posts saying this lol.

Edited by R1otUK, 06 May 2011 - 12:43 PM.

Lopert

Lopert

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
I am getting the same issue.

XP 32 Bit over here.

About 30 minutes to an hour of playtime before it crashes, as others have reported.

My game will freeze up a few times and clear out (about a 5 second freeze) while I am playing, eventually, it does the same kind of freezing thing except is permanent, and the error reporter will come up. The sound continues playing (APB sound) and the task manager reports the game as still Running, so maybe its a graphics thing? I'm on a GTS 450 .

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
I got that too but no graphic problem cuz i get an error wich says Out of Memory! so i dont think so its about graphic, i just hope that they read this and fix it

vagos

vagos

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 01-January 11
Same problem here!every 20 min the game crash because of the memory!it reach 1950mb and bam!
My system is very strong CPU 3.16 ,RAM 8 G but it recognice only the half ,grafics card 1G . . . .
So i dont understant what they did and the game need so much memory!Its imposible !they have done something wrong.Other games better need less memory and apb uses 2G???I am huge fan of this game but always something happens and i cant enjoy it . . .G1 PLEASE FIX IT !YOU CANT MOVE ON WITH THAT KIND OF PROBLEMS!WHY TO PAY FOR THE GAME IF I CANT PLAY IT??
I noticed that the last patch you gave us did this!I used to have crashes every 1-2 hours now after this update i have every 20 min!I didnt have such problem at the original . .dont know what is going on and i am realy very disapointed. . .

DonDonat

DonDonat

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
Hi all :)
I have got the: Unable to write to disk (error 7),
Then i start APB the patcher wont patch the last 1,89MB......
System: 6GB Ram; WIN7 64 Bit; Intel Core Duo P8700; GTX260M[Laptop Version]
I tried to swich of my Antivirus system but it didn´t help, and i gave APB ports in windows firewall free.
Somebody knows how to fix this bug ?.?

Greetings DonDonat :P

R1otUK

R1otUK

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 03-March 11

Hi all :)
I have got the: Unable to write to disk (error 7),
Then i start APB the patcher wont patch the last 1,89MB......
System: 6GB Ram; WIN7 64 Bit; Intel Core Duo P8700; GTX260M[Laptop Version]
I tried to swich of my Antivirus system but it didn´t help, and i gave APB ports in windows firewall free.
Somebody knows how to fix this bug ?.?

Greetings DonDonat :P

well with the patcher its a case of click the option tab at the bottom left and then click repair...usually does the trick. cant help you with the error.

DonDonat

DonDonat

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

well with the patcher its a case of click the option tab at the bottom left and then click repair...usually does the trick. cant help you with the error.

I can´t klick repair -.-*
I just can klick on Language......

I took a look in the Luncher log and i found somethink strange:

11:45:09 AM 3348 Delete old files
11:45:09 AM 3348 Launcher1.3.1.563208.xml version regular expression failed
11:45:09 AM 3348 Previous manifest not found
11:45:09 AM 3348 Delete old manifests
11:45:09 AM 3348 Read C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\LauncherFiles.xml
11:45:09 AM 4332 STATUS_PATCHER_UPDATE_COMPLETED
11:45:09 AM 4332 STATUS_CLIENT_UPDATE_START
11:45:09 AM 1032 Deleting PunkBuster server files:
11:45:09 AM 1032 Read C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\ClientFiles.xml
11:45:09 AM 1032 Forcing Scan local specific files
11:45:09 AM 1032 Read C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GAMERSFIRST\APB RELOADED\ClientFiles.xml
11:45:09 AM 1032 Writing local manifest
11:45:10 AM 1032 WARNING: http://apb.patch.gam...mentGame_NA.ini (Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu))
[ProtocolError] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Hosting.cDownloader.DownloadFile(String sTargetURL, String sDirname, String sFilename, Int64 nExpectSize, Int64& nDownloadSize, cDownloadFileControl DFControl)
11:45:10 AM 1032 WARNING: GetLastWin32Error:2

i don´t know if its normal but it doesn´t look like its normal xD

Edited by DonDonat, 07 May 2011 - 01:52 AM.

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11
did you try reinstalling the game? (know its a stupid question)

reynold

reynold

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
the problems are on windows 7 32 bit, i play on the xp 32 and dont have to much problems with apb, 2-3 hours of gameplay and the game crash with error general problem.

emir4nt

emir4nt

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-May 11
I'm getting this error VERY often and it's making me quite mad. Only "solution" I can tell is that it doesn't happen _too_ often on low population servers.

Cheeseburger

Cheeseburger

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 07-May 11
Im running windos 64-bit I have 3gb of RAM and I have no problem on social district editing my car and clothes(which is actually fun) but as soon as I go to action district and start a mission I can perhaps do the first objective but I will eventually crash withing 20min of starting the mission because of "Unable to write to disk (error 7)"

I also managed to play the orginal game with the only problem being server lag.

I also would be ready to buy all this cool stuff for real money but I just dont wanna pay if I crash 20min into the action. please fix it so I can buy these cool guns

Higijenicar

Higijenicar

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11

I'm getting this error VERY often and it's making me quite mad. Only "solution" I can tell is that it doesn't happen _too_ often on low population servers.

True, im playing on Waterfront district and I play like 1-2 hours, but its still anoying

DonDonat

DonDonat

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11
Before the last update came i could play but then came the last update and since then i cant patch anymore -.-*
I tried reeinstall but still same bug.
My problem is that i cant open the patch link from the last 1,89MBs and i dont know why -.-
________________________________________________________________________________
11:45:10 AM 1032 WARNING: http://apb.patch.gam...mentGame_NA.ini (Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu))
[ProtocolError] System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Hosting.cDownloader.DownloadFile(String sTargetURL, String sDirname, String sFilename, Int64 nExpectSize, Int64& nDownloadSize, cDownloadFileControl DFControl)
________________________________________________________________________________