- - - - -

28 replies to this topic

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
So i downloaded and installed all the stuff but when i click the icon of APB or the launcher icon nothing happened.Infact after 1 minute a small completely white windows appears but nothing happenes.The system check told me everything if fine.
Also i have Windows Xp

Please help me
''You are intelligent if you only believe half of what you hear.You are wise if you know wich part to believe''

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Also the small white windows seems that it should be the launcher windows but it wont display,
Ok so after i downloaded APB:R i installed it and extracted the archive in the same folder then i tried to launch the game from its icon and from the launcher, tell me if i did something wrong
''You are intelligent if you only believe half of what you hear.You are wise if you know wich part to believe''

Skymanfree

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 01-March 11
youve got to launch it from the gamerfirst live app

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Gamersfirst live tells me like it wouldnt even be downloaded...:)
EDIT:Wait,it shows the play now button.But when i click it i get the same white small window

Edited by SocialDistrict, 24 March 2011 - 09:55 PM.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Oh god, now how could i fix it?:)
It`s so close, but the white windows wich should have been the launcher won`t display:((Ill restart my PC.But still looking for a fix

Edited by SocialDistrict, 24 March 2011 - 10:00 PM.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Nope...still having that problem...

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Ahhhh farg this!Noone beside some kindly member of community seems to care.I am sick of this i got loads of problems and i solved them by myself what the farg is so hard for you mods to open that ****** forums and post a reply???
Now it unistalled completely ,I AM SICK OF THIS!I CANT SOLVE EVERYTHING BY MYSELF,i did what i could....

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
There has to be a fix!The system check told me i meet the minimum requirements...

Mahaprema

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2036 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10
The small white window should be the launcher as you describe, but still there are to many emotions there to be specific.

APB takes sometime to launch, dont press anything and stay cool.

What are your specs... you have to help us to help you.

Edited by Mahaprema, 24 March 2011 - 11:12 PM.

we are unstoppable, another world is possible

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Windows Xp Professional 32 bit SP3
Processor:AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+,MMX, 3DNow(2CPUs)
Memory:2046 MB RAM
DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series

Idk...What else would you need to know...I could post all the DxDiag but its long lol

Mahaprema

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2036 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10
Man, bluntly honest?

You are lucky if it runs at all. You hardly have 1.3 ram gigs to be given for the game. This is very low for any measures.

First, let the lil white window sit there for say 10 min, dont click dont close, go mke a sandwich and tell me what happens.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
I am re-downloading APB caused idk how it unistalled everything but the launcher icon...Imma let the white windows there and even if i get an error over some time it means it would start.

Anyway ill soon go to some friends and let the APB download continue,and when its done ill try launch it again and let the window there for a time

EDIT:This is bad...APB:R was the only game i was really waiting for to play.I could live with nothing but APB:R :)

Edited by SocialDistrict, 24 March 2011 - 11:31 PM.

Mahaprema

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2036 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10
Dude let it load, you´ll have to patch it 4 times if I´m not wrong... open it and let it be... don´t go gmail, youtube or [insertpref****].

Let it be... my game runs on a 6 core with 8 gb ram and 2 gpus and it doesnt open instantly.

Be cool. Or buy a cooling jacket.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
So what you mean is that it`s kinda updating right now?

Turkishness

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 30-January 11
i have the same problem, but the problem only occurred when i changed drivers (game used to work just fine before), so i think they're driver related. Some people are suspecting pando media booster though.

David7992

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11
You have a 32bit system, upgrade to 64bit.

(Gamerscore Reset in January)

Turkishness

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 30-January 11
just a followup. i swapped drivers to 260.99 and it works again. hope this helps.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
I am re-downloading it atm...sadly, if it wont work ill have to quit :)

Skymanfree

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Joined 01-March 11
i suspect it works now?

Blueberry

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 19-March 11
seems u have problems with ur Launcher yeah. Thats the one that updates the clients etc.
maybe try and update ur graphics card or maybe it might be something network related. like ports or something. I suggest you eliminate that trying to download with another comp on ur network.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
I am extracting the acrhives now.Ill try one more time and see if it works

Blueberry

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 19-March 11
Just remember , it can be ur network and not ur comp.!
have u tried running the launcher in other compatibilities etc? we have the same windows XP , however I can launch and get the whole way to game menu . I just need to be activated:P

Blueberry

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 19-March 11

View PostMahaprema, on Mar 25 2011, 08:17 AM, said:

Man, bluntly honest?

You are lucky if it runs at all. You hardly have 1.3 ram gigs to be given for the game. This is very low for any measures.

First, let the lil white window sit there for say 10 min, dont click dont close, go mke a sandwich and tell me what happens.

The launcher should still be able to use with a really bad comp .. the actual requirements u use ingame , not at launcher.

SocialDistrict

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Now it works!I can get to the log in screen but i get error code 8 please help:(

Lickthetip

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-July 12
I was having problems opening my launcher itself and I finally fixed it. I tried to open the launcher and when it wouldn't I went to my processes in ctrl+alt+del and ended the APB launcher, then I re-opened it with my Steam shortcut and it works again.

SleepyLaRocha

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11
Actually I have the same problem, and it only started in the last day or so. It's really weird (normal though for G1); you click "start" in the launcher, you wait like you normally do for the game to start but, nothing. After hitting "start" the game launches into the Twilight Zone, or God-knows-where. It certainly isn't starting for ME =). Repair does not resolve the issue. I'll wait for G1 to fix it.

SleepyLaRocha

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11
On closer observation, via Task Manager, the launcher comes up and is accounted for in Task Manager. After clicking "Start" APBR disappears from Task Manager. Hmm...

Dante Rai

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 19-July 12

View PostLickthetip, on 14 July 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

I was having problems opening my launcher itself and I finally fixed it. I tried to open the launcher and when it wouldn't I went to my processes in ctrl+alt+del and ended the APB launcher, then I re-opened it with my Steam shortcut and it works again.
I also having this problem, sometimes when I launch the game, and click start on the launcher, nothing pops up after awhile and my cooling fan blows fast as if it trying to load it. I waiting for a couple of minutes, after that my laptop crashed.
My laptop is an Asus laptop with windows 64-bit with an intel core i7, nvidia geforce 610m, and 6gb memory.

NSJDawg

Supreme

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5599 posts
  • Joined 13-November 10

View PostSocialDistrict, on 24 March 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

Windows Xp Professional 32 bit SP3
Processor:AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+,MMX, 3DNow(2CPUs)
Memory:2046 MB RAM
DirectX Version:DirectX 9.0c
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5500 Series

Idk...What else would you need to know...I could post all the DxDiag but its long lol

You do not have sufficient resources to play APB:R, or even launch it. APB on any given day for me uses 2.2-3.5 GB of RAM depending on how long I have been in a district, and how many people have come and gone, and how much of the districts I have covered.

You have a total of 2GB of RAM. Windows is most likely using 1/4 of it with everything else you might have running. That being said, theres not enough RAM left to even adequately launch APB.

The above is the least of your worries.

Your CPU will Choke hard on APB. Even if you went to 4GB of RAM, you might be able to launch the game, but you will have cruddy FPS... in the 20's if your lucky.
You have a 32 Bit OS. This is bad in two ways: One, it can only see 3.25-3.5GB of RAM, no matter how much you put in physically. And on top of that, the OS can only allocated 2GB of RAM to any given application, MAX. THere is a 3GB switch you can run to allow the system to allocate up to 3GB, but you don't even have 3GB to start with. Even if you boosted to 4GB , you will only have roughly 2.8GB left for APB to run on...

Culmination of problems that you have indicates you need a new system.

500$ will build you a decent system AMD based, and play APB flawlessly.

Posted Image

APB:R Mod|SPCC|SPCT|SPCM

Curiosity was framed. - Hezeki

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 GamersFirst.com, Reloaded Games, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.®