Photo

APB - Contacts Remade: Javez (G-Kings)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

DBaggins

DBaggins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-December 10
This is a small picture series I'm starting, as un-original and un-imaginative i am, i decided to remake a certain G-King Contact from the Criminal faction.

I will be doing other contacts in the future (Probably Open Beta or Full Game). Keep in mind this is for entertainment purposes, please do NOT troll and give complete un-constructive criticism to this work. Constructive criticism is always welcome, though.

Front:
Posted Image

Back:
Posted Image

Edited by DBaggins, 13 March 2011 - 04:38 PM.

Starblaiz

Starblaiz

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2085 posts
  • Joined 28-December 10
That's some good work there.

And it's a good thing you kept those screenshots from the old game, because as you know it would be against the CBT NDA agreement you signed if these were recent screenshots from the current beta. But you know that, right? :) *HINTHINT*

But yeh, seriously like it mate, can't wait to see how accurate you can get some of the others... after the NDA is lifted for OBT / Live launch, of course :P

JesusHChrist

JesusHChrist

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
I hope those aren't screen shots from the current beta which is forbidden by the NDA...
I tried snorting coke once. The ice cubes got stuck up my nose.

DBaggins

DBaggins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-December 10
While a couple of hours ago i did finish making Javez in CB, these screenshots however are NOT from Closed Beta of APB: Reloaded.

These screenshots were taken from the original game.

nightshadowz

nightshadowz

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 09-March 11
that's some nice work keep it up :)

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15189 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
Hehe, I was thinking about recreating Grissom a few weeks before the game shut down.
He'd be a lot easier to create than Javez, though. Good job!
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER

IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION

DBaggins

DBaggins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-December 10

Hehe, I was thinking about recreating Grissom a few weeks before the game shut down.
He'd be a lot easier to create than Javez, though. Good job!

Getting Javez's Checker tattoo on his right hand (Thanks to Lulu in game for helping with the tattoo) is a HUGE pain, adding on how much complexity his clothes take up. I actually couldn't use the Zoosh T-Shirt so i just had to make a yellow shirt with black stitches.

For me, Grissom and Javez are honestly the most bada$$ looking contacts in the game. They both look like their own faction.

There's a lot of people saying it's un-original and stupid to re-create characters. But, at the end of the day it's fun and most people will be amazed by how you pulled it off (If you pull it off near-perfect the better).

I've just made an Enforcer so i might Re-create Grissom or LaRocha during this week, got a lot of work to do for the preset clothes, though.

I appreciate all the feedback. Feel free to request contacts for me to make, i will do my best to re-create them identically.

As for the 100 pages APB story thing I've read in the past, i really hope G1 gives the contacts some great back story, if they ever decide to pull that off.

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 15189 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

I've just made an Enforcer so i might Re-create Grissom or LaRocha during this week, got a lot of work to do for the preset clothes, though.

LaRocha is basicly impossible, because his headwear/hair combination can not be reproduced.

IJVJaCR.png

DBaggins

DBaggins

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 04-December 10

LaRocha is basicly impossible, because his headwear/hair combination can not be reproduced.

Mhm, you're right there. I don't get why they did that, same with Javez. Javez's Mohawk has actual hair under it, where as in the persona editor you just have a big bald spot there.

Twitchy

Twitchy

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 13-August 11
Don't give up on LaRocha just because of the hat! Just use hairstyle 2. (At least it's 2 in open beta). I'm trying as we speak, but it's been really hard to find the Iron Cannon Skull that's on his shirt. I'd like to see what people come up with, knowing up front it's impossible to be identical.

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • 15189 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09
Enforcers can use the preset Iron Cannon sleevless.

IJVJaCR.png

Soffia

Soffia

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 31-May 11
My enforcer is Akiko X =)
NA EA Joker
Faction: Enforcer
Name: Soffia

Bloodclott

Bloodclott

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11
I think I've seen you before, ethier that or someone else designed the contact on my server....
Posted Image
Steam gamer profile
Colby West, Criminal Terrion
Joker East, Enforcer Graus

Ignorance is bliss...

Back2Back

Back2Back

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
Whoa Man AWSOME!!!!!!! dude iv been planning to make this guy too, so it was cool when i saw someone else had! 1 question did you have to be premium to make him? oh yeah and can you release the formula on youtube or something. (the formula being how to make him) oh yeah, and about la Rocha... well the thing is: 1 he has a gun on his back, 2 he has different hair (as mentioned above) 3 he has tons of custimisation on his trousers, (e.g a brazil sticker, handcuffs, etc) and he also has a unique beanie (but thats only really noticeable if you look for it). but i mean feel free to try and make him. (no sarcasm)
in my opinion, Seung Bloodrose looks BAD@$$!!! i don't know whether you've see hom or not, but if you havn't check him out!
So anyway awsome job, keep up the great work, and i hope to see a fromula on youtube!! :D

Edited by Back2Back, 15 May 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Anetta

Anetta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 12-March 12

I think I've seen you before, ethier that or someone else designed the contact on my server....

Might of been me, X0n, Btw Dbaggin, that is easy to make... Javez preset clothes are unlocked by Bonita Benjamin level 4, it's nothing amazing to do.
Posted Image

Back2Back

Back2Back

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
i still think it's cool.

Back2Back

Back2Back

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 15-May 12
+ the tatoos must of been hard.

Generation

Generation

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Whoa Man AWSOME!!!!!!! dude iv been planning to make this guy too, so it was cool when i saw someone else had! 1 question did you have to be premium to make him? oh yeah and can you release the formula on youtube or something. (the formula being how to make him) oh yeah, and about la Rocha... well the thing is: 1 he has a gun on his back, 2 he has different hair (as mentioned above) 3 he has tons of custimisation on his trousers, (e.g a brazil sticker, handcuffs, etc) and he also has a unique beanie (but thats only really noticeable if you look for it). but i mean feel free to try and make him. (no sarcasm)
in my opinion, Seung Bloodrose looks BAD@$$!!! i don't know whether you've see hom or not, but if you havn't check him out!
So anyway awsome job, keep up the great work, and i hope to see a fromula on youtube!! :D

Gj bumping

Anetta

Anetta

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Joined 12-March 12

Gj bumping

+1 ^
Posted Image

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6424 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12
Great Job :) Check out my forum im starting a forum to find fellow contacts out there and post up that pic

http://forums.gamers...34#entry2673634

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6424 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

My enforcer is Akiko X =)

Post that pic here plz :)
http://forums.gamers...34#entry2673634

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!