638 replies to this topic

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

sorry but do You guys think shen mo events will solve problem for all roles? and ll ppl above fc8? what You want for us to do? aoe it? I always though aoeing a boss which is lower than 24 lvls than You are is exploiting a bug(or at least thats what we were before told)

Well, I ran out of magic bandaids that cure all problems on a previous game. So I have to work with what I am given. After the templates are given out, I have no problem adding more things to do.

about sealed epis, most of ps+ ppl would agree than almost all ps+ ppl had them already unsealed, which usually takes a lot of hours doing dungeon... cant You just add already final version of this epithets?

Nope, Indy created the templates and this is how they made them.

Epithets thing is the worst part of all this. some bosses are unable to get after some lvls, so isnt it better to just 'give' epithets for ppl which already cant hit a boss for example Killer of Shen Mo for everyone fc8 and higher character, unsealed epithets for everyone with ps+ character?

Yes, but again I have to work with the tools I am given, and the tools are not designed to "Recover entirely massive amounts of accounts because the prior publisher chose to disappear the databases". Keep in mind this is essentially the same thing as what the German publisher did recently as well, so this fix is meant to apply to 10's of thousands of accounts...when you are dealing with those numbers, no one gets 100% what they want.

about templates... will be there option to add specific templates lets say 2 the highest from acclaims account to already existing G1 account where I have new character with premium deco's etc? or we will be forced to rebuy this things again?

Any items purchased prior to GamersFirst publishing 9D are gone forever. There is no way for us to make a process to restore these items at the moment...the only hope here is that someday we get the DB back and we can get your item info from there.

about funny things I myself claimed all of my characters on one G1 account including almost 20 accounts with lvl0 characters which were my storages :)

There are level ranges for the templates, no accounts under level 75 are going to be restored. The lowest level template character is level 96. And I went through the whole list of over 30k characters claimed and adjusted the character levels to give more people accounts....for instance, we made it so that level 81-100 (ish) get a level 96 template character, well I thought it was sad for the level 75-80 people. so i hand adjusted them to level 81.

I have hope You will find some time to answer this

ps. Im glad You are back and We all are waiting for some action :P

Good luck

Kei

GoldenGirl73

GoldenGirl73

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

Nope. Although I will consider this post template launch. It depends on a lot of things, and there are much higher priority things to do other than give ourselves additional work that doesn't really have a value to the game/community as a whole other than making some people very happy and everyone else sad...not to mention that many people will submit modified SS's.

I can remeber back it was acclaims that said we needed to
screen shoot our items. If you cannot replace what is rightful
ours from ss or not is INDY21 duty to do so not G1 as new
publishers. It's really not up to G1 its up to INDY21. Yong
stated we would have all items and charaters back. From
your provouis post with CEO words to the community.
There are people on at INDY21 that has good eye for
things such as modified screens shoots. Plus in our
file folders we should be able to submit the capture
folder instead of the screen shoots.

SunSimiao

SunSimiao

Sally Fields

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
  • Joined 15-September 10
Simple question are they role specific or are the Vags? didnt see an answer yet.

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

By adding characters to our account, what about existing characters?

And, depending of course on what replaces it, I think the gameguard issue is going to be popular.

You will need to overwrite one character to get one template.

So lets say you have 5 templates you requested...ill make examples:

Name1: Nubsauce1 - Level 0 (level too low for template)
Name2: Nubsauce2 - Level 74 (level too low for template)
Name3: Nubsauce3 - Level 81 (level 96 template)
Name4: Nubsauce4 - Level 105 (level 108 template)
Name5: Nubsauce5 - Level 110 (level 108 template)

You have 9 Character slots (3 per server) - all of which are taken with your current accounts. When you get the ability to acquire the template character, you will be able to choose which ones you want...but you will have to overwrite an already existing character with the template.

Are these toons vagabond or based on the clan info we submitted? It really doesn't matter to me what clan or role as I am a well rounded player. Just don't wanna lose all the work and money invested.

Nope they are the same sex/clan/role you submitted.

There are Vagabond characters, but those are separate from the clanned templates

peat

peat

Hyperion is Right!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1711 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
Can we make a new account for the templates to take over or we have to use our "main" account now?

reid

reid

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 17-September 10

1: Yes...they will be generic high-quality items though, not the specific ones you had on the old characters
2: the top 2 tiers of template characters have epis (conquere of the north sea (sealed)). My understanding is that this is insufficient though, in response to that, we will be doing a bunch of Shen Mo and TGW events to get people epis back
3: well, some G1 bugs have already been solved, but this doesnt come with an update to the game yet...i expect the patch for the client will be live next week, Indy still needs to get back to me on this.
4: they'll get banned, they are in the queue for that already. it requires robust tools on our end, and i am working on that today.

Hyp tgw spawns will not help a db char get shen mo because we would be to high to hit him.

iMegas

iMegas

>:O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10

Can we make a new account for the templates to take over or we have to use our "main" account now?

Isn't it 1 account per person?

-Megas >:)
Being smart and being knowledgeable are two different things >:o.

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

you said nothing in this post about support and the problems we are having with getting with the item mall stuff i personally have been waiting almost two months for the items i bought its like you guys are just avoiding the hole subject i under stand it takes the Gm tools to place these items on the account but with your back log it will take months
for us to get the items that a handful of us already paid for my question is are you going to expedite some tickets that have to do with money that was paid to your company well i said my piece welcome back Hyp glad your are back

Yeah, i missed that...it kind of ties into the event thing. I need the tools back for support issues, the tools I am working on day, I hope to have them up today/tomorrow.

It will take a matter only of a day or two to get caught up on the tickets once the tools are ready.

What about the healers whom had TGW and have a slim chance of getting it from nukers?

Ill work something out, we will find a way to get you the epis back...i wish we could just make tons of events that do it, because that would be fun for the community too.

But first thing is first, getting the templates in your hands comes first....epis come after that, and we need to understand the scope of what we are dealing with before we decide on the process of restoring epis.

SunSimiao

SunSimiao

Sally Fields

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
  • Joined 15-September 10

Isn't it 1 account per person?

No you can have more then 1 account, just CANT use them to exploit gifts. i read that some where

Edited by SunSimiao, 15 December 2010 - 03:32 PM.

LonelyWolf22

LonelyWolf22

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

You will need to overwrite one character to get one template.

You have 9 Character slots (3 per server) - all of which are taken with your current accounts. When you get the ability to acquire the template character, you will be able to choose which ones you want...but you will have to overwrite an already existing character with the template.

1) does that mean the "delete char" option is gonna be fixed?

2)what about names? is the name of the template char set to the one we claimed? or will we get a chance to pick a new one. Reason being alot have made chars with the same names and are worried about conflicts. (this was a common question last template discussion that wasn't fully answered)

3) A)Is there any info on support tickets?
:P There were quite a few who have had our items expire while waiting for support, are those items going to be replaced? (ie: 30 RD deco waiting on sex change)

4) welcome back! :)

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

Are we getting Jinan and Datong pvp again? on Yin server O..o

Heh thanks for reminding me on that

peat

peat

Hyperion is Right!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1711 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
Ok thanks Hyperion just wanted to ask cause i kinda wanna keep my mini healer xD

nepzside101

nepzside101

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10

What if our current accounts are full? What then? Make a new account? Also judging from Hype's words, templates will be vagabonds meaning we'll have the choice to choose new roles. How about characters who already exist with our old names? So many questions...

In my opinion, we are going to create the LS 0 chac in our account that means you can put what ever name you want then Hyp gona boost that chac with his GM tools. i think......

SunLii

SunLii

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

Hey All!!

I'm back in the office after the long trip and meeting schedule. It's good to be back in the office again, although I still haven't fully unpacked or had enough time to readjust my internal schedule to PST. But anyway, here are some updates with nonspecific deadlines :P

Template Characters are coming very SOON! I will likely post up the full announcement tomorrow with all the details you will need to get the template characters applied to your accounts :). We had several options with how to do the process, and we opted with the easiest option for the players that gives you the most ability to change/customize things on your end. I assume ill get a lot of questions about this, but don't be surprised if I defer to tomorrow's update. I need to get some files off my laptop, there are some funny things that people put into the character submission sheet that I wanted to share with you all. :P

Gameguard will be leaving us shortly. We will not be giving you details on what is replacing GG. This is for a few reasons, the most important being, that giving out details on hack mitigation gives the cheaters more information on how to find ways around it, and I would like several weeks/months of no hacking first before we start giving out details. On your end, it will not appear that there is any anti-hack program at all. This new suite of protections is designed to not affect your gameplay at all (unless you run cheats/hacks).

I am catching up on a lot of little stuff too, the network updates are going along at a decent speed, although there hasn't been enough progress on my 9D stuff that I would like. For instance, I am still waiting on tool access to begin events again from my end, but this should be coming either tomorrow/friday or early next week.

Ask questions, ill answer stuff in this thread throughout the day.

Hello Hyperion

Thank you for the update.

There are some important issues for Templates MOST IMPORTANTLY for the high level characters such as myself.

Being a DB 8 Lv 200 healer, it took forever to max buffs and get epis.

Also , in the current economy the healer buff books have gone NUTSO in prices.

PLEASE consider the following :

- LM + lvs maxed skills C12

- all available epis to that skill lv and for DB 8 ( i would love to have my KingSlayer epi back - Was not easy to get )

- Also clothing and weps appropiate to the corresponding levels.

ie. for Db a 600 def set or GL set, and PS 4 slot ( at least +8 wep )

Now a money maker suggestion for G-1. Most of us had permanent Quilin mirror decos and RD decos. I would suggest a package of goodies in the IM ( limited time offer ) which includes both available options for the decos.

pkg #1 - includes Quilin Mirror Deco
pkg #2 - includes RD deco

This IM option would allow us to build our characters to what we had previously lost..

Thank you so much for your consideration.

Regards

Sun_Lii

DB8 - WT Healer
Band Master - Just Another Hero League

Philosopher

Philosopher

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

In my opinion, we are going to create the LS 0 chac in our account that means you can put what ever name you want then Hyp gona boost that chac with his GM tools. i think......

To my understanding... no.

A closer approximation would be that they are already pre-made, and we will simply get the option to create it into our account.
Posted Image

GoldenGirl73

GoldenGirl73

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 20-November 10

There are level ranges for the templates, no accounts under level 75 are going to be restored. The lowest level template character is level 96. And I went through the whole list of over 30k characters claimed and adjusted the character levels to give more people accounts....for instance, we made it so that level 81-100 (ish) get a level 96 template character, well I thought it was sad for the level 75-80 people. so i hand adjusted them to level 81.

You stated a while back ago it would be to the nearest
whole number example: I'm lvl 124 then, it would be
125 next whole number not lose 23 lvls you lose the
higher community on things like that...

Edited by PhoeniK, 15 December 2010 - 03:37 PM.
Fixed quote

iMegas

iMegas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10
Hyperion, inbox pl0xzorz >.<"

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

What if our current accounts are full? What then? Make a new account? Also judging from Hype's words, templates will be vagabonds meaning we'll have the choice to choose new roles. How about characters who already exist with our old names? So many questions...

You will be overwriting current characters to get the templates.

Will we be able to choose the characters we want or are we going to get all of them?If we do how are we going to make room because I am happy with all 3 of my characters I have now and I do not want to delete any of them?

You are going to choose, over half of the total number of characters submitted are too low for a template account.

twenty

twenty

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 21-October 10
ok so what if you were hacked and in the process of getting char back when old publisher shut down? i couldnt get SS of my old char does that mean i lost my HM5 char forever? i certainly hope not

KaveDaddy

KaveDaddy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Joined 20-September 10

You will be overwriting current characters to get the templates.

You are going to choose, over half of the total number of characters submitted are too low for a template account.

when u say too low u mean rl low or fc too low?

Edited by bigz, 15 December 2010 - 03:43 PM.

Just Playing Like Everyone Else.
Go Go Nirvana =]

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

What about character names clashing? Thankfully I have not seen an EvilSpock running around but I did fill out the Character claim form for him.

I'm not going to answer this for now (more tomorrow). But in most cases it wont be a problem, in those cases where it is a problem, we have a process ready (not a great process) to help fix it.

Philosopher

Philosopher

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Anything past lvl 81 (SM9) are eligible for the template characters.
Posted Image

iMegas

iMegas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10

Between level 74 and 81. That's...SM?

Edited by AmazingMegas, 15 December 2010 - 03:45 PM.

EvilSpock

EvilSpock

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10
How about making the cut off limit line up with Sun and Moon 1 rather than Sun and Moon 3?

Edit, added levels:
Losing Self (1-12)
Gathering Chi (13-24)
Opening Chi (25-36) Role selection available
Revolving Chakra (37-48)
Raising Light (49-60) Can change role
Five Dragons (61-72) FD12 is SCM/Wild tower clothes time. A very common wardrobe.
Sun and Moon (73-84)

Sun and Moon 3 = level cut off level 75

Edited by EvilSpock, 15 December 2010 - 03:50 PM.

Have I buffed you today?

Yakuu

Yakuu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10
Its good that templates wont be vaga's, Doesnt take away the originality of playing vaga!
I had a GL vagabond and hope to be playing him soon :)

Cheers Hyp for the update!!

AznSAP

AznSAP

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10
Hyp, I was wondering if we like you said if we had 9 chars and 3 servers with 3 character slots, say we put 3 of those chars on Nirvana, and then 3 on Yin, and 3 on Phoenix. Could we do that?

BadTown

BadTown

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

Hey All!!

I'm back in the office after the long trip and meeting schedule. It's good to be back in the office again, although I still haven't fully unpacked or had enough time to readjust my internal schedule to PST. But anyway, here are some updates with nonspecific deadlines :P

Template Characters are coming very SOON! I will likely post up the full announcement tomorrow with all the details you will need to get the template characters applied to your accounts :). We had several options with how to do the process, and we opted with the easiest option for the players that gives you the most ability to change/customize things on your end. I assume ill get a lot of questions about this, but don't be surprised if I defer to tomorrow's update. I need to get some files off my laptop, there are some funny things that people put into the character submission sheet that I wanted to share with you all. :P

Gameguard will be leaving us shortly. We will not be giving you details on what is replacing GG. This is for a few reasons, the most important being, that giving out details on hack mitigation gives the cheaters more information on how to find ways around it, and I would like several weeks/months of no hacking first before we start giving out details. On your end, it will not appear that there is any anti-hack program at all. This new suite of protections is designed to not affect your gameplay at all (unless you run cheats/hacks).

I am catching up on a lot of little stuff too, the network updates are going along at a decent speed, although there hasn't been enough progress on my 9D stuff that I would like. For instance, I am still waiting on tool access to begin events again from my end, but this should be coming either tomorrow/friday or early next week.

Ask questions, ill answer stuff in this thread throughout the day.

Hot diggity. Can't wait.

So...just wondering...GM tools fixed? o.o

By WuHu

Chojin

Chojin

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 23-September 10
all i want is a +12 training Staff :)

monkeypants

monkeypants

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 19-October 10
so are the templates prenamed or can we use the name of our current char that wer overwriting

AlexJt

AlexJt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 03-October 10
Hyp we still didn't got an answer on what will happen with the ppl that haven't got a chance to submit a form!
I am really concern about that to tell ya the truth i would like to know something about it !

I know you got allot to answer right now but plz hang on you can understand:D

iMegas

iMegas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10

Hot diggity. Can't wait.

So...just wondering...GM tools fixed? o.o

They're probably going to be tomorrow, he said.

BadTown

BadTown

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

They're probably going to be tomorrow, he said.

wered he say that....i dont feel like going through 6 pages of posts...

By WuHu

Yakuu

Yakuu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

all i want is a +12 training Staff :P

Hehe hope we get +12's like German Templates, Would make the servers alot more pleasing to the eyes!
Maybe make the weps untradeable tho or 1 per char!
I Guess +11 would do too :)

iMegas

iMegas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10

wered he say that....i dont feel like going through 6 pages of posts...

Me neither T_T

Decoo69

Decoo69

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Joined 19-October 10
We will have to make new weapons? cos that will really suck... most expensive thing about this game >.<
Yin-PK
XianghuaChai - HM ++
-Ultimatum-- FC10

-i-PWN Little Master 5
Deco69 Projected Soul 11
BoTp0wer69 Dissolved Body 8

Phoenix
-Kilik- Vanguard Beggar

lotte4

lotte4

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10
ok hyperion nice to see you back
nice to hear you go fix some things
but how
1 you go fix all the items already duped and surounded all over acounts on all servers?
2 i hear if you no got screenie and filled the post as how you whas ask
i now not going get a template?
3 and if get a template i get that on another acount so i must buy another premium for that acount to
or can it be merged in the acount gort now?

skyhot

skyhot

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 16-November 10
First. Welcome Home. :)

Second: Not all of us knew in advance or where able to take SS for accounts. For example I was offline for month plus prior to acclaim shutting down and didn't find out about the move here till mid October. So not only don't I have any screenshots, I can't prove what my previous character level was ( top or main toon ) or any of her gear. I'm actually OK with rebuilding from scratch ( I know some arn't ) but is there any way we can recover some " artifacts " of our previous toons/accounts. ( in my case i'm thinking of 2 sets of special Deco I had from IM sales ) Rest, while valuable ( 100+xp cards, etc, etc etc ) .. well I get what happened, not your or Indy's fault.. and am willing to rebuild from scratch. Also will these be on a new server? PLEASE. it's nice having a " clean " server where everyone ( well cept a few hackers ) earned their levels.

Third: Hackers/Hacks. Getting rid of game guard is probably the smartest thing i've heard for cutting out the hackers, they have proven to be completely useless. Even though you can " catch " alot of the hacks with better software , as someone with code experience. I fear really the job falls to Indy to rewrite the server side code to remove the " hooks " ( coders will understand that term ) the hackers are using. Good luck getting them to do that since they where in part responsible for that information making it to the hacker community to start with.
( but if you can, get them to fix the dang chat windows and message system too, that's so outdated it was obsolete before the game was even in beta ).

Finally: Events. I'm going to go against the majority of the player base and suggest extremely limited xp events. Drop events, item mall gifts ( like the stuff for halloween ) are nearly as good. SKILL XP events are also wonderful for those that have to spend hours training up their skills ( mostly hybrids and healers ). But acclaim really overdid xp events, allowing alot of players to get very high lvl with nearly no understanding of the basic game. This overlaps some of our fears on template characters. That we will end up with a massive swelling of high level toons, many that never earned their levels. Or have SS of gear traded around just to have chance to be more " uber " later on.

PS or Side Note: Item duplication is your biggest threat both to fair game play and cash flow for G1. The most common hack used by spammers to create gold and sell many illegal products. Some of that I hope your new GM tools will solve ( being able to remove obviously illgained inventory ). PLEASE keep us informed of what is going on. Alot of us actually care about a fair and balanced game enviroment and really are disguested by these outside hacker based companies taking money away from you and risking the game being shut down for good as a result.

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

Hey Hyperion,

1st. My concern is about items such as Decos! You stated will have our
charater back in its likeness. What about the amount of Decos we
had example we had 7 out 9 all had 4 slots with items such as 110
dodges, ck, resistants. How will you replace them in there likeness?

You won't get those back. Sorry, there is no reasonable way to do this.

2nd Skills are a very big deal with the higher community as well. For
example most players at fc ++ would have c12 abilities. How will
those templates work on skills?

Skills will be at c10 for most if not all cases. The objective with the templates is not, nor has it ever been, for full restoration of the acclaim characters as there is no way to do that without the honor system and massive amounts of fraud.

3rd Equips, yes this has been asked but, there are such rare items
like "The Pheonix Flag" and other varouis older items that are
not on Item Mall now because they where holiday/special items.
How will you replace them?

The templates are loaded with tons of items. Probably not the rare/unique items you are asking about though. Again, we are not doing (nor was the plan ever for) full restoration.

4th Will the Templates be vagabonds or our older current set? Lot
of folks are very worried about this example: "I have a charater
its PS 1 with 45%." Will that charater go back to 0.00% or be
moved up into the next rank? You say to the nearest whole
number but, how will you approach this?

They will be at the level of the template character and 0%. Some people will gain many levels, other will lose some levels. For instance the highest level template account is level 192, so no level 200 accounts that will be given out.

Last we still unable to delete charaters, will you fix this? Will you give
the community time to prepare for such things as items. Tell us "Clear
your storages today!" or something like that. Before, we had no knowledge
of preparing for example the "shut down". Many was at work, doing other
things, not logged in. How will you approach that subject?

On this today as well, there is no timeframe for the process of character restoration, so you will be able to move items and such around before claiming your characters.

Philosopher

Philosopher

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

Hehe hope we get +12's like German Templates, Would make the servers alot more pleasing to the eyes!
Maybe make the weps untradeable tho or 1 per char!
I Guess +11 would do too :)

There are several things you should know about the German version's templates.

1. They are temporary.

2. They were solely for testing. Nothing more.
Posted Image

exp

exp

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10
do we have to empty our bags from our chars before you put the template over that char?
or do we just have to buy new bags and everything is back in it.
when we have to empty our bags i have a problem with storage.
greetz exp

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users