Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08
Hey All!!

I'm back in the office after the long trip and meeting schedule. It's good to be back in the office again, although I still haven't fully unpacked or had enough time to readjust my internal schedule to PST. But anyway, here are some updates with nonspecific deadlines :P

Template Characters are coming very SOON! I will likely post up the full announcement tomorrow with all the details you will need to get the template characters applied to your accounts :). We had several options with how to do the process, and we opted with the easiest option for the players that gives you the most ability to change/customize things on your end. I assume ill get a lot of questions about this, but don't be surprised if I defer to tomorrow's update. I need to get some files off my laptop, there are some funny things that people put into the character submission sheet that I wanted to share with you all. :P

Gameguard will be leaving us shortly. We will not be giving you details on what is replacing GG. This is for a few reasons, the most important being, that giving out details on hack mitigation gives the cheaters more information on how to find ways around it, and I would like several weeks/months of no hacking first before we start giving out details. On your end, it will not appear that there is any anti-hack program at all. This new suite of protections is designed to not affect your gameplay at all (unless you run cheats/hacks).

I am catching up on a lot of little stuff too, the network updates are going along at a decent speed, although there hasn't been enough progress on my 9D stuff that I would like. For instance, I am still waiting on tool access to begin events again from my end, but this should be coming either tomorrow/friday or early next week.

Ask questions, ill answer stuff in this thread throughout the day.

DeeK

DeeK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10
YAY wb Hyp, and thank you for an update on happenings :)
looking forward to hearing more
i think u just made a whole lot of people happy.

We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendall Holmes

Pelos

Pelos

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7896 posts
  • Joined 06-May 10

Hey All!!

I'm back in the office after the long trip and meeting schedule. It's good to be back in the office again, although I still haven't fully unpacked or had enough time to readjust my internal schedule to PST. But anyway, here are some updates with nonspecific deadlines :P

Template Characters are coming very SOON! I will likely post up the full announcement tomorrow with all the details you will need to get the template characters applied to your accounts :). We had several options with how to do the process, and we opted with the easiest option for the players that gives you the most ability to change/customize things on your end. I assume ill get a lot of questions about this, but don't be surprised if I defer to tomorrow's update. I need to get some files off my laptop, there are some funny things that people put into the character submission sheet that I wanted to share with you all. :P

Gameguard will be leaving us shortly. We will not be giving you details on what is replacing GG. This is for a few reasons, the most important being, that giving out details on hack mitigation gives the cheaters more information on how to find ways around it, and I would like several weeks/months of no hacking first before we start giving out details. On your end, it will not appear that there is any anti-hack program at all. This new suite of protections is designed to not affect your gameplay at all (unless you run cheats/hacks).

I am catching up on a lot of little stuff too, the network updates are going along at a decent speed, although there hasn't been enough progress on my 9D stuff that I would like. For instance, I am still waiting on tool access to begin events again from my end, but this should be coming either tomorrow/friday or early next week.

Pinned, though I doubt it would have much of a chance at falling from first on the list :P

Edited by Pelos, 15 December 2010 - 01:13 PM.

TriForce02

TriForce02

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 14-December 10

Hey All!!

hi hyperion. I have only 1 question about templates... or more questions

1. we will get our characters with items (I mean with the items and the money that we had on old publisher) or we will get some items only to survive?..
2. what about epis? It's kinda hard as a warrior to get shen mo for example with AOE. Nukers will only get it.
3. Tomorrow we will have all the bugs resolved? I mean we will can do PQ or some other things?
4. What we will do with the hackers? I mean with the high lvl's .. refine hack and blah blah. We will don't do a rolleback no?
that's all sorry for disturbing :P

Edited by TriForce02, 15 December 2010 - 01:16 PM.

sig made by me xD

nepzside101

nepzside101

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Nice

Edited by nepzside101, 15 December 2010 - 01:25 PM.

shuriken31

shuriken31

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10
:P Welcome back hybperion :) i was about to cry when i heard you say those things ugh finally my wait is coming to an end yes now i just no grind till you all are ready :P MY nuker is coming back yes XD *warning* return of templates means masive war in BP!!! gogogogo YIN :P hyperion you should come see a real 9dragons war :P

KusagamiX

KusagamiX

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Joined 01-September 10
Welcome Back great Hyperion!
Hope the trip went well.
Fantastic news IMO that you just gave us! I am excited now and cant wait to see where it goes!

lilzik

lilzik

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Joined 14-September 10
yay finally i can't wait to get back and play this game remove all the hacker

nepzside101

nepzside101

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Hello Hyperion,
First and foremost Thank you for Updates. 1 question or confusion so, you saying that we are going to be creating our own account and lvl 0 character then you guys going to boost it? on that case do we get any items as well?

iMegas

iMegas

>:O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10
Thanks for the update.
Two questions:
What will happen to the people who didn't fill the application sheet?
And those who didn't fill the application sheet and don't have a SS at the moment of their character?

-Megas >:)
Being smart and being knowledgeable are two different things >:o.

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

hi hyperion. I have only 1 question about templates... or more questions

1. we will get our characters with items (I mean with the items and the money that we had on old publisher) or we will get some items only to survive?..
2. what about epis? It's kinda hard as a warrior to get shen mo for example with AOE. Nukers will only get it.
3. Tomorrow we will have all the bugs resolved? I mean we will can do PQ or some other things?
4. What we will do with the hackers? I mean with the high lvl's .. refine hack and blah blah. We will don't do a rolleback no?
that's all sorry for disturbing :)

1: Yes...they will be generic high-quality items though, not the specific ones you had on the old characters
2: the top 2 tiers of template characters have epis (conquere of the north sea (sealed)). My understanding is that this is insufficient though, in response to that, we will be doing a bunch of Shen Mo and TGW events to get people epis back
3: well, some G1 bugs have already been solved, but this doesnt come with an update to the game yet...i expect the patch for the client will be live next week, Indy still needs to get back to me on this.
4: they'll get banned, they are in the queue for that already. it requires robust tools on our end, and i am working on that today.

WhiteRay

WhiteRay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
WELCOME back and TY for info FINALY :P

Cant w8 to get my template :)

| WhiteRay | DB3 | Shaolin | Warrior |

paradisia

paradisia

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 21-October 10

Thanks for the update.
Two questions:
And those who didn't fill the application sheet and don't have a SS at the moment of their character?

Thats exactly what i wanna know :P
edit your signature

Hyperion

Hyperion

King of the Nubs

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2415 posts
  • Joined 28-April 08

Thanks for the update.
Two questions:

They are out of luck unfortunately.

But we can figure out something. Suggestions appreciated.

WhiteRay

WhiteRay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10

1: Yes...they will be generic high-quality items though, not the specific ones you had on the old characters
2: the top 2 tiers of template characters have epis (conquere of the north sea (sealed)). My understanding is that this is insufficient though, in response to that, we will be doing a bunch of Shen Mo and TGW events to get people epis back
3: well, some G1 bugs have already been solved, but this doesnt come with an update to the game yet...i expect the patch for the client will be live next week, Indy still needs to get back to me on this.
4: they'll get banned, they are in the queue for that already. it requires robust tools on our end, and i am working on that today.

1 thing shen mo epi will be problem, cuz shen mo hawe lvl cap :P if character is over that cap u get penalty :P so think about it :)

Just tip :P

Edited by WhiteRay, 15 December 2010 - 01:40 PM.

iMegas

iMegas

>:O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts
  • Joined 06-October 10

They are out of luck unfortunately.

But we can figure out something. Suggestions appreciated.

Should I PM you my suggestions or post them here?

Being smart and being knowledgeable are two different things >:o.

BeastSlayer

BeastSlayer

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10
First of all welcome back Hyperion!
The problem with Epi's is that i don't think you get the epi if you kill the correct boss with AoE. You get the item drop but not epi's. Correct me if im wrong, but in the old publisher one my league mates (insane grinder) passed the level cap for the Icy bosses and tried to aoe it to death at DB. At the end he did get the kill and the gold drop, but not the epi. Just wanted to throw that out there and get double checked by the community since i've never personally AoE'd a boss to death for Epi purposes. TGW does not have a level restriction like shen mo and Icy bosses.

Thanks to [Andromeda] for the sig

EvilSpock

EvilSpock

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10
I do hope there are some liberal LDD pazzes so we can unseal our template North Sea epis. Hopefully some BD or Tibet slotted weapons and weapon ornaments. Feel free to make them character locked to prevent trading/scalping/other nasty things.
Have I buffed you today?

WhiteRay

WhiteRay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10
I am very happy to see this info update :)

Hyperion now just make things happen too and every1 will be happy :P

BTW i realy hope all these items u promised will be permanent right? not 30 day or 90 day??

SixIsDead

SixIsDead

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Joined 11-September 10
Wow, finally some real specific informations!
Thanks, looking forward to these things (both the templates and the GG change)!
Will check your more detailed informations tomorrow. :)

I am like that Thing. I can never shut up, but feel free to yell on me. *-*
An epic piece from the core of true metal

Pantherlookin4cougar

Pantherlookin4cougar

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • Joined 01-September 10
Are the people that HAVE submitted in the forms that have ss of all their items on their old chars going to be able to send them in and recieve those items?

They wont swell, they wont tell, and they are greatful as hell!!!

Joey360

Joey360

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Joined 19-September 10
Geez hyp i just re-subscribed to wow
now i gotta let my sub run out
then ill be back with a vengance

"Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it."
-Bertolt Brecht

EvilSpock

EvilSpock

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10
The forms I filled out took some time; there was no feedback so I have no idea if your form page successfully accepted or not the characters. Would it be possible using the email address listed in the form to send out a confirmation message? I have this feeling of being on the Titanic and I think I see icebergs ahead.

Let me know if you need a victim, uhm, volunteer who took a screen shot of almost everything.

Edit: took out LDD pazz as previous posting had an error:
Please wait 10 seconds...

Edited by EvilSpock, 15 December 2010 - 01:58 PM.

Have I buffed you today?

Keiho

Keiho

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10

sorry but do You guys think shen mo events will solve problem for all roles? and ll ppl above fc8? what You want for us to do? aoe it? I always though aoeing a boss which is lower than 24 lvls than You are is exploiting a bug(or at least thats what we were before told)

about sealed epis, most of ps+ ppl would agree than almost all ps+ ppl had them already unsealed, which usually takes a lot of hours doing dungeon... cant You just add already final version of this epithets?

Epithets thing is the worst part of all this. some bosses are unable to get after some lvls, so isnt it better to just 'give' epithets for ppl which already cant hit a boss for example Killer of Shen Mo for everyone fc8 and higher character, unsealed epithets for everyone with ps+ character?

about templates... will be there option to add specific templates lets say 2 the highest from acclaims account to already existing G1 account where I have new character with premium deco's etc? or we will be forced to rebuy this things again?

about funny things I myself claimed all of my characters on one G1 account including almost 20 accounts with lvl0 characters which were my storages :)

I have hope You will find some time to answer this

ps. Im glad You are back and We all are waiting for some action :P

Good luck

Kei

sig made by Febus;)
k3iho_PL cs11 Killer of True General Wei
Yin server : -_Roland_- beggar nuker DB nub ^^

goosebumps

goosebumps

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 07-September 10
Nice nice Hyperion very nice im happy to see this update we wait our chars man .. give something good for us in x-mas days and catch the cheaters there is a lot really peace out. :)

shuriken31

shuriken31

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 27-August 10

1 thing shen mo epi will be problem, cuz shen mo hawe lvl cap :P if character is over that cap u get penalty :P so think about it :P

Just tip :P

hello they have gm tools they can just remove the level cap on shen mo and make it an all level mob

Ps would you all be fixing the chi kung 12 level bug? where nukers can onli pvp someone ina 12 level range with nukes? :)

WhiteRay

WhiteRay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10

hello they have gm tools they can just remove the level cap on shen mo and make it an all level mob

Ps would you all be fixing the chi kung 12 level bug? where nukers can onli pvp someone ina 12 level range with nukes? :)

I dont think thats good idea to take lvl cap down. Isnt better and easier to just add shen mo to every1 that is over FC8? i think thats best solution. :P

And yes 12 lvl ck bug is annoying, i think they will fix it too, 12 lvl thing isnt way to deal with nuker power :P No balance in that too :P

Dalilaa

Dalilaa

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 30-September 10

OMG HYP! Ban them all, all with no mercy :P
Or this hackers would put the game fall down, and its very frustrative :)

"Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny." =)

SoulAsh

SoulAsh

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 28-August 10

I dont think thats good idea to take lvl cap down. Isnt better and easier to just add shen mo to every1 that is over FC8? i think thats best solution. :P

And yes 12 lvl ck bug is annoying, i think they will fix it too, 12 lvl thing isnt way to deal with nuker power :P No balance in that too :P

:) i had shen mo when i was sm an am not fc8 yet :P

whoaminow

whoaminow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Joined 30-August 10
By adding characters to our account, what about existing characters?

And, depending of course on what replaces it, I think the gameguard issue is going to be popular.

Edited by whoaminow, 15 December 2010 - 02:13 PM.

Pantherlookin4cougar

Pantherlookin4cougar

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1343 posts
  • Joined 01-September 10
Are these toons vagabond or based on the clan info we submitted? It really doesn't matter to me what clan or role as I am a well rounded player. Just don't wanna lose all the work and money invested.

They wont swell, they wont tell, and they are greatful as hell!!!

welberjoeBR

welberjoeBR

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 03-October 10
i have to ask u something Hyp :P
hope our templates are not vagabond :P
becaz if there will be vagabond....all ppl will make just nukers...and thats not corect if some1 had PS hyb or healer or any other role...and now to make it nuker
in my opinion thats not corect :)

WhiteRay

WhiteRay

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 24-August 10

:) i had shen mo when i was sm an am not fc8 yet :P

U want Shen mo for ur SM template? :P i dont think that will hapen + if u hawe SM template u hawe chance to get shen mo again until FC8, problem is that guys who hawe template over FC8 they cant get shen mo epithet cuz they are too high for that boss ^^

HuozhaiShe

HuozhaiShe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Joined 20-September 10
Well, its good to see some news, but it kind of saddens me that i myself didnt fill the sheet to get my chars back, i do have some (meaning like 100's) SS of my chars on different lvls, and intereacting wiht many well known p´layers on the 2 servers i used to play, i just hope theres a way to get at least some of them back.

I dont mind the items as much, since all of those are in the game to be earned, but i did had lots of prem stuff and prizes we get from "big spender" "vagabonds event" and some other constest on wich i earned good stuff, guess in time we could try and talk about it and see if theres a way to get some kind of compensation as most of the high lvl players will with the given templates.

I also know for a fact that some people filled that sheet and lied, asking for a higher lvled toon than they used to own, (they were fool enuff to speak out loud in a league chat ¬¬), i myself find that unfair, since i had 3 high lvl chars and just because i didnt fill the form (health issues at that time) i will have to put a smile and move on (not whining, but it pains >_<) i used to have a capped char from who i only have SS of his Hermit lvl days, i cant ask for him to be DB again, but at least i can prove he was Hermit and pretty much well equiped.

So im hoping im not disrespecting anyone by asking what (if theres anything) can we, legit players who used to have a nice lvld char do, to get some help on this one

Ty for reading and also ty fr any kind of reply

"Want to date a cute VN girl ^^ (yeah Im that frustrated)"
Keep getting Punk'd by Hyperions BS Detector and our lovely, hacks abusers everyday, oooh boy!

darwin121

darwin121

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 14-October 10
you said nothing in this post about support and the problems we are having with getting with the item mall stuff i personally have been waiting almost two months for the items i bought its like you guys are just avoiding the hole subject i under stand it takes the Gm tools to place these items on the account but with your back log it will take months
for us to get the items that a handful of us already paid for my question is are you going to expedite some tickets that have to do with money that was paid to your company well i said my piece welcome back Hyp glad your are back

SoulAsh

SoulAsh

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 28-August 10

U want Shen mo for ur SM template? :) i dont think that will hapen + if u hawe SM template u hawe chance to get shen mo again until FC8, problem is that guys who hawe template over FC8 they cant get shen mo epithet cuz they are too high for that boss ^^

My template is ec right now... its not fc 8 yet

AlexJt

AlexJt

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Joined 03-October 10

Well, its good to see some news, but it kind of saddens me that i myself didnt fill the sheet to get my chars back, i do have some (meaning like 100's) SS of my chars on different lvls, and intereacting wiht many well known p´layers on the 2 servers i used to play, i just hope theres a way to get at least some of them back.

I dont mind the items as much, since all of those are in the game to be earned, but i did had lots of prem stuff and prizes we get from "big spender" "vagabonds event" and some other constest on wich i earned good stuff, guess in time we could try and talk about it and see if theres a way to get some kind of compensation as most of the high lvl players will with the given templates.

I also know for a fact that some people filled that sheet and lied, asking for a higher lvled toon than they used to own, (they were fool enuff to speak out loud in a league chat ¬¬), i myself find that unfair, since i had 3 high lvl chars and just because i didnt fill the form (health issues at that time) i will have to put a smile and move on (not whining, but it pains >_<) i used to have a capped char from who i only have SS of his Hermit lvl days, i cant ask for him to be DB again, but at least i can prove he was Hermit and pretty much well equiped.

So im hoping im not disrespecting anyone by asking what (if theres anything) can we, legit players who used to have a nice lvld char do, to get some help on this one

Ty for reading and also ty fr any kind of reply

Totally agree at least make a new application form for those who had ss 's

Edited by AlexJt, 15 December 2010 - 02:22 PM.

boyka

boyka

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Joined 26-August 10

i have to ask u something Hyp :P
hope our templates are not vagabond :P
becaz if there will be vagabond....all ppl will make just nukers...and thats not corect if some1 had PS hyb or healer or any other role...and now to make it nuker
in my opinion thats not corect :)

well i would make a warrior not a nuker....

BTW...finnaly some gooooooooooooooooooood news...hope..
hybrid, nuker, healer, warrior

Credits to hawhero

R.I.P Asura!!!

Pelos

Pelos

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7896 posts
  • Joined 06-May 10

you said nothing in this post about support and the problems we are having with getting with the item mall stuff i personally have been waiting almost two months for the items i bought its like you guys are just avoiding the hole subject i under stand it takes the Gm tools to place these items on the account but with your back log it will take months
for us to get the items that a handful of us already paid for my question is are you going to expedite some tickets that have to do with money that was paid to your company well i said my piece welcome back Hyp glad your are back

As far as I know payment issues always get priority when the support system is online. The tickets are vetted and all billing/payment issues go straight to the correct personnel to be resolved

Shannyy

Shannyy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Joined 25-August 10

First of all; yay! :)

I have a small problem with this one though, my templates will be PS and DB, there's no way in hell I can get Shen Mo on them since you can't hit Shen Mo above a certain level (FC10). Any chance that we can just give a screenshot with the epithet from old publisher and that it will be applied to our characters?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the characters will be applied to the accounts we're currently playing? Because I claimed 3 characters, and I currently have 1 character on the account I'm playing, does this mean I can ditch 1 of the templates for the char I currently have?

A small suggestion: I have no idea what items you're going to add, but adding a decent weapon would be nice. I don't want to walk around with a LS weapon on DB. xD

That's all.. Cheers <3
teayeon
Little Master 5
NoMercy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users