APB: RELOADED™ Code of Conduct and Policies
We at APB: RELOADED appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy the exciting game and great company in our product APB: RELOADED™. To keep APB: RELOADED™ a fun place for everyone, we ask that you, a player of the APB: RELOADED game ("Player" or "you"), show consideration for your fellow player.
This document contains the APB: RELOADED Code of Conduct and other APB: RELOADED rules and policies (collectively, the "Code"). The Code is intended for use by customers of APB: RELOADED as a rulebook for behavior within the APB: RELOADED™ game (the "Game") and related APB: RELOADED™ services ("Services"). APB: RELOADED support staff have final say over what constitutes a violation of this Code. APB: RELOADED and APB: RELOADED™ reserves the right to change this Code and any other of its policies at any time. Before playing the game we ask that you read the following rules. By playing the Game, you agree to abide by the Code.
A. General Rules of Conduct
While playing APB: RELOADED™, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. Everyone must follow these basic guidelines, which will be enforced by APB: RELOADED™ Customer Service Staff.
1. APB: RELOADED is committed to fair and equal treatment of all of its customers. If there is a suspected violation of this Code, we will use diligent efforts to investigate the matter. Violations of the Code may, at APB: RELOADED's sole discretion, result in the immediate termination of Player's Account with no advance notice required and other actions which APB: RELOADED may determine are necessary.
2. Player may not engage in any conduct or communication while using the APB: RELOADED™ Services which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other Player from using or enjoying these Services.
3. Player agrees to use the APB: RELOADED™ Services only for lawful purposes. The list of prohibited conduct below provides examples of unacceptable conduct. The list is not exhaustive, and APB: RELOADED reserves the right, but not the responsibility, to restrict conduct which APB: RELOADED deems, in its sole discretion, to be harmful to individual members, damaging to the Services, or in violation of APB: RELOADED' or any third party's rights. APB: RELOADED may, but is not obligated to, delete or prohibit conduct, communication or content transmitted on APB: RELOADED services that are deemed to be in violation of applicable laws or is harmful to other members, the APB: RELOADED service community or the rights of APB: RELOADED in general. Player acknowledges, however, that communication over the APB: RELOADED™ Services often occurs in real-time and APB: RELOADED cannot, and does not intend to, screen communication in advance.
4. Player will follow any instructions that are given to them by official representatives of APB: RELOADED™ Customer Support. Arguing with or neglecting to comply with requests or instructions received from APB: RELOADED Representatives is a violation of this Code and disciplinary action will be taken as deemed necessary.
5. "Role Playing" is not an excuse for violations of any policy.
B. Prohibited Conduct
PLAYER MAY NOT, IN CONNECTION WITH PLAYER'S USE OF APB: RELOADED™ SERVICES:
1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Any form of personal attack upon a player by another player is strictly prohibited. APB: RELOADED does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.
2. Use racial, ethnic, or religious slurs in game, chat rooms, and forums.
3. Post or transmit sexually explicit images, or point to or refer to such images. Use of profanity or sexually explicit language in APB: RELOADED™ Services is strictly prohibited.
4. Organize or participate in any clans or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
5. Post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content.
6. Post or transmit any content that infringes the copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy, or the personal, intellectual property or contractual right of any third party.
7. Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, APB: RELOADED employees, customer service representative or volunteers. Player shall not hold himself or herself out or portray himself or herself as an APB: RELOADED staff member or employee while engaging in any form of online communication, including, but not limited to, member names, member profiles, voice, text or graphic chat, message postings or any form of communication on line. Impersonation of APB: RELOADED staff shall be grounds for immediate account termination.
8. Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area of the APB: RELOADED™ Services. Disruptive behavior shall be deemed to include, but will not be limited to, conduct which purposefully interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue in a Service area. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
9. Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid marketing schemes. This type of material places an unnecessary load on the APB: RELOADED™ Services and is considered a nuisance by many members. Certain types of chain letters and pyramid schemes are also illegal. Such prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of letters or messages which offer a product or service and which are based on the structure of a chain letter.
10. Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation, including links or URLs on the forums or game chat that point to content deemed inappropriate or a competing product to APB: RELOADED™.
11. Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service. Player further agrees to abide by the rules of Player's Internet service provider.
12. Violate, with or without knowledge, any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
13. Modify any files that APB: RELOADED does not specifically authorize Player to modify. Use of material which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder is prohibited, and will result in the termination of Player's membership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.
14. Post or transmit any content or code that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code or information designed to alter or harm any system or data.
15. Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, loopholes, design errors or problems in the game. Player acknowledges and agrees to report all problems, errors or bugs in the game to APB: RELOADED as soon as they are found as their continued use can damage the enjoyment of the game for all its players. Those users caught cheating may suffer suspension from the APB: RELOADED™ game, or manipulation of their character to remedy the game abuse. Please be considerate at all times of other members playing APB: RELOADED™. APB: RELOADED will use diligent efforts to fix these types of issues in a timely manner, and will give all customers the benefit of the doubt when dealing with these problems.
16. Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software.
17. Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.
18. Disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any of the Game's executable code, databases and/or files. Nor may you interfere with or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running APB: RELOADED.
19. Engage in any behavior that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by APB: RELOADED in its sole discretion.
20. Play APB: RELOADED™ on any server or service that is not provided or authorized by APB: RELOADED.
21. Shout excessively (use of all caps) or flood (continuous posting of repetitive text) in the APB: RELOADED™ Chat areas or on its forums.
22. Use APB: RELOADED™ for the promotion of illegal activities.
23. Threaten or harass any APB: RELOADED employee or contractor.
C. Character and Clan Naming Policy
The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both first names and surnames, as well as clan names. You may not use names that are equivalent or substantially similar to:
1. Any names that violate this Code. This includes the use of names that are hateful, profane, defamatory, racist, religious slurs, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, sexual innuendo, or contain any other language that is offensive in nature.
2. Names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of APB: RELOADED.
3. Names of any employee of APB: RELOADED.
4. Names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products.
5. Names that are religiously or historically significant.
6. Proper names of areas within APB: RELOADED™.
7. Proper names of game creatures or characters within APB: RELOADED™.
8. Names containing titles or ranks within them.
9. Names that refer to illegal substances or drugs, or that are otherwise drug related.
10. Names where a combination of the first and last names violates any of the above rules.
11. Names that circumvent the naming filter.
Naming Policy Enforcement
If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy, these are the steps that will be followed to address the issue.
1. If you violate items C1 or C2 above, you may be issued a warning on your account, and will be given a new name by one of our customer service staff. If you would like to discuss the renaming, please send contact support via https://support.gamersfirst.com/
2. For all other types of violations, you will need contact support with the following information within 72 hours from https://support.gamersfirst.com/: your account name, the name of the character that was renamed, and 3 choices of names that you would like us to give you. This is intended to give you the opportunity to think about and choose your new name. If we do not receive a valid name from you within 72 hours, then the given name will remain.
Changing your name
You may purchase a Character name change from the APB: RELOADED marketplace http://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/ingame/index.php
1. Please carefully read the Harassment Policy in the Code, which outlines exactly what harassment is, and how to report it if it happens to you.
2. We WILL be strictly enforcing the harassment policy as it is written in the Code.
D. Harassment Policy
In APB: RELOADED™, our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior. Some tools created to achieve this purpose include the "Ignore Player" option and the obscenity filter. The "Ignore Player" (/Ignore [Player Name]) option permanently blocks all of an offending player's comments, and you can also report offensive words to support from https://support.gamersfirst.com/ and our staff will review them for potential inclusion in our obscenity filter.
What is considered harassment/griefing?
Harassment or griefing consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players. So what's a game mechanic? Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to ram cars is a mechanic. The ability to place objects in front of objectives is a mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent". What was the person trying to achieve through their actions? Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by APB: RELOADED™ that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players.
Also considered as harassment is any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. An important point to note regarding this type of harassment is that a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation must have been made. This could be an attempt to leave the area or the offending player, or simply the act of asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the harassing behavior, it can be considered harassment, and should be reported. For more information, see How Do I Report Harassment below. Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed. APB: RELOADED has a zero tolerance policy towards harassment of this kind, as stated in our Code.
Finally, mission ‘ghosting’ is also considered a form of harassment. Any attempt to modify the progress and/or outcome of a mission that you are not currently a part of is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: scouting players, interfering with mission objectives, and communicating with players with the intent of providing any sort of advantage in their mission.
So what happens when I report harassment?
1. When harassment is reported it is immediately escalated, and investigated promptly.
2. We will observe the reported harassing behavior, and determine whether the harassment report is valid.
3. You will not be informed of the results of the investigation.
4. If the harassment is valid, we will take appropriate disciplinary action against the policy violator.
What are the penalties for harassment?
APB: RELOADED condemns all forms of harassment in APB: RELOADED™, and this type of disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Harassment is a severe offense in APB: RELOADED™ and a clear violation of this Code.
A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.
How do I report harassment?
Please report harassment to support from https://support.gamersfirst.com/.
H. Online Auctioning Policy
APB: RELOADED prohibits selling accounts and items using any online service or any other auctioning/sales system.
1. Selling of Accounts, Items, Money and Equipment:
a. It is against APB: RELOADED policy to sell any accounts, items, money or other equipment related to the Services.
b. We will ask all auctioning services to respect our policy and restrict the selling of such accounts, equipment, money, and items on their services.
E. Account Security Policy
All account security is the sole responsibility of the Player. This includes hacking protection, password protection, virus protection, and anything else that has to do with computer or account security. If you believe that your account security has been compromised, please contact support at https://support.gamersfirst.com/, and we will try to help you recover security on your account. This includes helping to change passwords, helping with billing issues, and offering basic suggestions for improving your account security.
If an account has been stolen, hacked, or in any other way compromised, we may suspend the account, to protect the characters and items within, while we investigate fully. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and we will complete the investigation in as timely a manner as possible. Once a thorough investigation has been performed, we will determine the appropriate course of action.
Once our investigation is complete, if we find someone who is involved with hacking or theft of accounts, they will have all of their accounts banned.
Remember, you are liable for all actions on your account. Never provide anyone with your account information. If you’ve given someone access to your account, support will not be able to assist with regaining access to the account.
Character Deletion Policy
Because of the difficulty in deleting any character within APB: RELOADED™ (you have to actually type in the character name after clicking the "Delete" button), we will not restore any character that was deleted. As always, if a problem occurs within the game that is due to a bug, we will investigate fully and take all feasible and appropriate action, including restoration, if possible.
Item Reimbursement Policy
Items will not be reimbursed for any reason except as follows: if you lose an item due to a game anomaly or verified bug, we will investigate the issue, and determine if a feasible reimbursement is possible.
F. Mission Intervention Policy
As with all APB: RELOADED™ policies, we are dedicated to taking care of any issues that arise from game anomalies or verified bugs. Our mission intervention policy is no different. If you have an issue with a mission, and it is determined that this issue is caused by a bug within the game, we will try to fix the bug, and help you to resolve the mission issue. This may take some time, as we will need to fix the bug before the mission can be continued. This intervention will not include the reimbursement of items unless absolutely necessary. Instead, the intent is to fix the problem so that you can continue with the mission on your own, and complete it as intended.
G. Disciplinary Policy
It is APB: RELOADED's intent to provide a game that everyone can enjoy without the intrusion of APB: RELOADED Employees. However, there are times when issues arise that violate this. When this happens, our in-game support staff will use its best efforts to investigate each incident fully, and attempt to be fair and equitable in our dealings with everyone involved.
APB: RELOADED™ Staff have final say over what constitutes a violation of this Code. We reserve the right to delete characters or entire accounts as we see fit, without warning. APB: RELOADED reserves the right to change its policies at any time. Check this page for updates to the APB: RELOADED Code of Conduct.
1. A player who violates the Code of Conduct will typically be warned by an APB: RELOADED™ Staff Member. If this happens, we will mark the player's account with the warning and any details, which will stay on the account. We will send an e-mail to the Player describing what happened and what it means. If a player continues inappropriate behavior, he or she will be contacted by an APB: RELOADED™ Administrator, and may be given an additional warning, locked from the Game temporarily, or permanently removed from APB: RELOADED™.
2. If a particular player consistently engages in inappropriate behavior, the player will be permanently banned from APB: RELOADED™. Banned users will be sent e-mail explaining why they were banned to the e-mail address they have listed in their account information. Some violations can result in a lockout or permanent ban, without warning.
3. We may do nothing at all. If we find that there was no violation.
4. We may suspend the player's account. This is intended to be a "time-out" period that allows the player to think about their actions and cool down. If this happens we will mark the account with a suspension and any details, which will stay on the account. The player will be sent an e-mail explaining what happened, and what it means.
6. We may Lock (ban) the account permanently. If this happens we will mark the account as Banned. The player will be sent an e-mail explaining what happened, and what it means.
7. Your uploaded files, and your participation in forums and chats, are subject to review, modification, and deletion, without notice, by the forum manager or volunteers responsible for the APB: RELOADED™ game.
8. Game administrators are unable to monitor Member's conversations or game play all the time and therefore certain users are empowered to boot players and otherwise enforce the Code of Conduct.
9. Any user who posts Web links or URLs on the forums or game chat that point to content deemed inappropriate or competing by the APB: RELOADED staff will have their forum and game privileges for the APB: RELOADED™ revoked.
10. Files uploaded to a forum may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction, and/or dissemination and you are responsible for adhering to these limitations if you download them.
*Emails are sent as a courtesy to the players and if you do not receive one you can contact customer service for further information at https://support.gamersfirst.com/
Contacting APB: RELOADED™
Our intent is to create an Internet gaming experience that you enjoy and trust. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with APB: RELOADED™, please contact us at https://support.gamersfirst.com/
APB: RELOADED™ reserves the right to change its policies at any time.
APB: RELOADED™ is rated by the Entertainment Software Rating Board ("ESRB") and Pan-European Game Information (“PEGI”). The ESRB and PEGI system rates Web sites and games on the level of sex, violence, profanity, and nudity. APB: RELOADED™ has a Mature rating by the ESRB and PEGI and we strive to enforce standards for that rating provided by the organizations. For more information about this rating system, see the ESRB Web site or PEGI website at http://www.esrb.org/ and http://www.pegi.info/